Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 08:39 AM   #61
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets52 View Post
Any word on the issue where you get fired every off season if you setup a tournament?

Also in the drop-down box when you go to select the rosters for the tournament, the teams aren't visible until you mouse over them. Just a minor thing I hadn't seen talked about.
Yes, the tournament firing bug is fixed. We're looking at the other one now
Old 03-27-2018, 09:36 AM   #62
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
Can't you just set the default to what you want?
The "default" means the way it comes with the game. Yes you can change the default but for this purpose I like it at 7 without the need for me to change it in the game.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:25 AM   #63
32koufax
Minors (Single A)

batter- pitcher outcome box...

I'm probably in the minority here, but might there be an option to add an outcome box for each hitter-pitcher interaction?
That is 1 feature of SOM that I always enjoyed.

A screen shot from Action pc

Thx!

Jack
Attached Images

Last edited by 32koufax; 03-27-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:01 PM   #64
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I have an issue with standings being wiped clean after playing 9 days of regular games prior to the start of the regular season.

I have been playing this way since OOTP11 without a problem.

Could it possibly be the preseason predictions that wiped it clean.

I still have another world that have 2 days worth of games prior to the official start of the regular season and I will try to disable the predictions and see if that solves the problem.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:03 PM   #65
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32koufax View Post
I'm probably in the minority here, but might there be an option to add an outcome box for each hitter-pitcher interaction?
That is 1 feature of SOM that I always enjoyed.

A screen shot from Action pc

Thx!

Jack

That'd be a nice addition to the pitcher vs. batter screen
Old 03-27-2018, 12:24 PM   #66
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I have an issue with standings being wiped clean after playing 9 days of regular games prior to the start of the regular season.

I have been playing this way since OOTP11 without a problem.

Could it possibly be the preseason predictions that wiped it clean.

I still have another world that have 2 days worth of games prior to the official start of the regular season and I will try to disable the predictions and see if that solves the problem.
Why would you have regular games before the start of the regular season? Opening day should come before any games that count.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:32 PM   #67
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Why would you have regular games before the start of the regular season? Opening day should come before any games that count.

MLB has played regular season games before the official start of regular season and the teams returned to play exhibition games so it does happen(but not that often).

I would need to delete 1000 games from the schedule to schedule a hand full of games for the first week of the season. 100 plus games a day for 10 days since I have 220 plus teams. It would take forever to delete and reschedule. No thanks.

I like doing that (play games before the official start)so every team doesn't have the same amount of games played all the time.

It has worked in the past and all of a sudden it's not working.

This is the main reason I bought the game in the past.

I just changed the preseason predictions to On Demand. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Never had too do this in the past. I am just guessing that's the problem.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 03-27-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:42 PM   #68
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Second bulletpoint! Thanks Devs!
Old 03-27-2018, 12:48 PM   #69
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
MLB has played regular season games before the official start of regular season and the teams returned to play exhibition games so it does happen(but not that often).

I would need to delete 1000 games from the schedule to schedule a hand full of games for the first week of the season. 100 plus games a day for 10 days since I have 220 plus teams. It would take forever to delete and reschedule. No thanks.

I like doing that (play games before the official start)so every team doesn't have the same amount of games played all the time.

It has worked in the past and all of a sudden it's not working.

This is the main reason I bought the game in the past.

I just changed the preseason predictions to On Demand. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Never had too do this in the past. I am just guessing that's the problem.
That likely won't work.

You can just move the season start date to before the new batch of games and that should work. There's a lot of internal logic that depends on the season having started in various places, so having regular season games scheduled before the official season start could have other problems.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:14 PM   #70
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That likely won't work.

You can just move the season start date to before the new batch of games and that should work. There's a lot of internal logic that depends on the season having started in various places, so having regular season games scheduled before the official season start could have other problems.
Never had a problem before.

I would go through the regular season games and move this that and the other thing to the front and back end of the schedule.

If I changed the start to April 1st then all the teams would play(which I don't want to happen).

Do you still play OOTP18? Go back and try it. It would only take a minute. Move Red Sox /Yankees three game series to the front of the regular season and play the games out and it will show up in the standings when the season officially starts. Can't do that in OOTP19. Well at least in one of my Worlds. Playing another world with the predictions on demand too see if that was the problem.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 03-27-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:26 PM   #71
Grafton19
Major Leagues

I posted this in my draftpool post and someone commented and made me check this out so I want to thank the poster who did that-

So, I started a new QuickStart game and the box is checked. But in the game that I have been playing it’s not checked everything that is supposed to show shows just like if enable draft is checked but Enable draft isn’t checked if that makes sense

Draft Date
Rounds
Draft Pool Date
Enable Advanced
Slot Baseline

All showing, but enable amateur draft isn’t checked. If I start a new Quickstart if I uncheck that box none of the stuff above would show
Old 03-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #72
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Well the Toledo Mud Hens just started 0-8(this was before the official start of the regular season) so let's see if all those games get wiped off the standings(even though all the stats still count).

Update:Yep all the games they just played were wiped from the standings.

All that time I spent changing the schedule was all for nothing,the same as playing exhibition games.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 03-27-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:09 PM   #73
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Well the Toledo Mud Hens just started 0-8(this was before the official start of the regular season) so let's see if all those games get wiped off the standings(even though all the stats still count).

All that time I spent changing the schedule was all for nothing,the same as playing exhibition games.
Then don't schedule games prior to OD. The game mechanics simply do not allow this and it makes no sense whatsoever IMO. If it worked in OOTP 18 then that was actually a bug and not a feature.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:33 PM   #74
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

And as mentioned, if you want games at different times, it's easy to move opening day to line up with the games. If you're taking the effort to edit the schedule, it's not much more to move opening day too.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:45 PM   #75
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

I understand this is something you like to do , but the very definition of exhibition is a game that takes place before OD. I dont see any reason to set games prior to that unless they are exhibitions. Trevor L.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:00 PM   #76
SNARF
Bat Boy

Will most of the roster updates be for minor league clubs? The rosters from opening day seem pretty on point and I'd like to avoid restarting my challenge mode if at all possible!
Old 03-27-2018, 05:09 PM   #77
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Show us a screenshot.. you should definitely see the whole screen with a 25" monitor unless your video card is causing the issue not being able to display the higher resolution?
My resolution is 1920x1080 and I'm using an Nvidia GTX 970 video card.

Here's the screenshot of what I'm getting:
Attached Images
Old 03-27-2018, 05:22 PM   #78
james17
All Star Starter

Finally figured it out. You only get the scoreboard I like in Classic 3D mode. I was running Modern 3D mode.
Attached Images
Old 03-27-2018, 05:22 PM   #79
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And as mentioned, if you want games at different times, it's easy to move opening day to line up with the games. If you're taking the effort to edit the schedule, it's not much more to move opening day too.
If you move the opening day doesn't the whole season schedule move with it? That's what has happened in the past.

What happens if you don't regenerate a schedule?
Old 03-27-2018, 05:28 PM   #80
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
Finally figured it out. You only get the scoreboard I like in Classic 3D mode. I was running Modern 3D mode.
I’ve seen the full scoreboard in screenshots using Modern 3D mode. Doesn’t make sense that you can’t see it with your resolution. I can’t because of my resolution.
Closed Thread