Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:31 AM   #41
slugga27
All Star Starter

My only complaint (as this is always a fantastic game) is that my in-game screen looks like this and I can't seem to fix it. The "controls & PbP" box will only extend horizontally and will not go vertical.

Edit: The second image is what my screen looks like before trying to move things around. Really, the only thing I wanted to move was the lineups (as you can see, they are overlapping).
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by slugga27; 03-19-2018 at 11:35 AM.
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:31 AM   #42
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making the skin files work for Macs again...I can finally customize again!

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:33 AM   #43
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
My only complaint (as this is always a fantastic game) is that my in-game screen looks like this and I can't seem to fix it. The "controls & PbP" box will only extend horizontally and will not go vertical.
Why do you use the classic view? This has not changed since OOTP 18. I suggest switching to the new "modern" views in the view menu.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:37 AM   #44
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Why do you use the classic view? This has not changed since OOTP 18. I suggest switching to the new "modern" views in the view menu.
You know what...that seems to be the cure. I think initially, I didn't like it because I wasn't used to it, but considering the classic view is causing me issues, I've tried again and it gives me what I'm looking for.

FWIW, I mirrored my settings from OOTP 18 and was getting a different result for 19.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #45
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We're currently working on getting the OOTP 19 mods hosted, but that will take a couple of days...

The historical ballpark mod is here if you'd like to manually install it:
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?c...wMlKcEGQCzaSTy
Thanks for the lightning quick response. Questions: 1) Does it have 2017 ballparks? The OOTP18 one has everything through 2016, but not 2017. 2) Is the manual installation process idiot proof, or is it too complicated for a medium-technical type like me?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:39 AM   #46
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The 3d game improvements are really amazing! For the first time ever, I am playing a game with all default settings and see no reason to change anything. Well done!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #47
FlytheW
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Still downloading. The Servers are having a hard day today
But i am at 1GB at the moment.
FlytheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #48
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Thanks for the lightning quick response. Questions: 1) Does it have 2017 ballparks? The OOTP18 one has everything through 2016, but not 2017. 2) Is the manual installation process idiot proof, or is it too complicated for a medium-technical type like me?
You should probably PM Lukas Berger about the installation process, he'll be able to help.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:49 AM   #49
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Playoff History...

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

Now, the Playoff Tree screen could use some polish but its good nonetheless!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:49 AM   #50
Tunnelrunner
Minors (Single A)

I'm sitting here at work living vicariously through all of you guys.
Tunnelrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:55 AM   #51
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

The game looks fantastic, everything is nice and clean, amazing.

The skins are awesome - right now I can't decide between the dark and the classic skin.

One thing that could be improved - the out-of-town scores should move more to the right (or maybe it could be possible some day to drag an drop the entire row?)

I'm using a resolution of 1920*1080
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:58 AM   #52
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...21#post4294221
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:59 AM   #53
32koufax
Minors (Single A)

Loving gameplay!!! Seamless conversion for '63 season from 18 to 19!!! Thank you for a marvelous game!!!
32koufax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #54
Aaron's Aron
Minors (Single A)

I love the way the game looks, but my game seems to be too big and I'm not sure how to fix it. I wanted to show you pictures but it wont let me printscreen or snip the screen with OOTP up. The window size in the setting is grayed out and it won't let me switch off of full screen mode either. I'm sorry I can't show pictures. I'm still trying to figure out a way around that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Aaron's Aron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:03 PM   #55
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron's Aron View Post
I love the way the game looks, but my game seems to be too big and I'm not sure how to fix it. I wanted to show you pictures but it wont let me printscreen or snip the screen with OOTP up. The window size in the setting is grayed out and it won't let me switch off of full screen mode either. I'm sorry I can't show pictures. I'm still trying to figure out a way around that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

To post pictures, save the “snip” then attach the file. The picture will then appear in the body of the post when you submit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 12:04 PM   #56
Beatles Eternally
Minors (Double A)

Wow, How do I write a first impression without sounding like a fanboy? This game is superb!! The animations are excellent, the sync between the on field action and the PbP is much smoother. I just finished an historical exhibition between the 1969 Mets and the 1979 Pirates. The Bucs won 2-1 and I have to say that it really felt like I watching a real ballgame - albeit from the Good Year blimp - with all the suspense and tension the greatest game of all provides.

I'm a musician and sleight of hand artist by profession. My reaction is the same joyful astonishment as my audience expresses when watching my magic. Markus, Lukas, Matt, and ALL at Out of the Park Developments have developed what I now believe to be the BEST baseball sim hands down. You should rename the game Out of the Park Grand Slam Baseball!

So this game also answers the question of whether sleep is good. That answer is, "sleep is highly overrated!"

Last edited by Beatles Eternally; 03-19-2018 at 05:28 PM. Reason: I forgot to list Matt in my original post :(
Beatles Eternally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:05 PM   #57
Aaron's Aron
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
To post pictures, save the “snip” then attach the file. The picture will then appear in the body of the post when you submit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't snip at all with OOTP up because it is in full screen mode, so I can't click new snip and select the area to snip. Hmmm.
Aaron's Aron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #58
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

At least these O's are getting better.
Attached Images
Old 03-19-2018, 12:07 PM   #59
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron's Aron View Post
I can't snip at all with OOTP up because it is in full screen mode, so I can't click new snip and select the area to snip. Hmmm.
The Print Screen key will work. Alt-Print Screen grabs the active window. Then you can paste into an image program.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:08 PM   #60
cavebutter
All Star Starter

Ran a quick exhibition game and the graphics are far better than I had hoped, even after watching the videos. I really like the new layout.

Currently importing an old league and that's taking a while, so don't have much else to add at this point. Really, really, really good work!!

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote