Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:00 PM   #21
TwinsGuy11
Minors (Triple A)

I'll just be doing a normal Twins dynasty starting in 2018. It's the first year I can be excited about the team since 2010 so I'm going all in on that.
TwinsGuy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #22
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Like JaBurns, I'll be starting an historical random debut in 1901 (after much beta-type testing to see how the stats outputs look like both on an individual and league-wide basis). As is the case with my OOTP16 1901 (through 1963 now) historical random debut, I'll be tying the stats output and strategy settings to 1984 which is the kind of offensive output I feel most comfortable with. No deader than dead deadball offense or crazy superball bazookaball offense in my league thanks very much. Everybody in history competing in the same offensive environment. And apparently Markus has made it a little easier to achieve this year by providing a setting that will allow for the stats output to be locked to whatever year the user wants in perpetuity. Thanks Markus!!!
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:27 PM   #23
BlueSkull
Minors (Single A)

I usually do an expansion after simming one season and take over a new MLB franchise. However, inevitably, I get some cognitive dissonance when players develop differently than their real-life counterparts over the course of the year, so I end up restarting each year when the new version comes out and rosters have been updated. Therefore, this year, I think I’m going to do a MLB universe of all fictional players, and perhaps start it in year 2000 and sim it through 2017 and then expand so that there’s a league history I can jump into. Hoping to have a universe I can carry over from version to version going forward.
BlueSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:26 PM   #24
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

My plan is to set up a historical random debut league. But that will depend on whether the super season glitch for HRD is still an issue. If it is, I’ll have to find a plan b
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:06 PM   #25
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Helper View Post
My plan is to set up a historical random debut league. But that will depend on whether the super season glitch for HRD is still an issue. If it is, I’ll have to find a plan b

I have a historical Pirates league that I’ve began in 1901. Real minors with all the yearly players coming in the draft. I do not play out any games and a fast simmer so currently in the 1942 off season. It is probably the most invested I have been in any ootp league ever so the plan will be to switch it over to 19 once I’m sure (when you Savvy vets tell me so) that all is working smooth. I currently have ted Williams in his prime and he has been great. My one lament is the minors coming in and then gone. 1942 offseason saw a lot of these minors fold and now there are like 6k free agents. So might start some minor leagues that are unaffiliated to eat some of these guys up To go along with the Philipino League which came to be in 1940. The goal is to get to 1962 and then will jump ship and take over my METS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:45 AM   #26
smiller
Major Leagues

Well, after reading historical random debut reports from ActionJackson and David Watts, I'm starting to rethink how I'll begin OOTP19. They make random debut sound very enticing.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #27
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
FWIW it takes me about 20 minutes to play out a game in one pitch mode. I have finished 162 games in about 6 weeks.

That's pretty good.

I was thinking about this James, and I was wondering how often are you able to play and roughly how long for each "sitting"?

As I mentioned, I play-out all of my games too (per "at-bat"), but this past year or so, I don't/didn't get to play often; so sometimes I'll play for a while in "one sitting", and towards the end, it's late, and I'm tired and start making mistakes left and right.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:58 PM   #28
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Well, after reading historical random debut reports from ActionJackson and David Watts, I'm starting to rethink how I'll begin OOTP19. They make random debut sound very enticing.
Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies! Seriously though, I was in a bit of an historical rut until random debut came out. Since then it's been great.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #29
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

The vry first thing I'm going to do is delete all of the ML and MiL logos, caps, and uniforms that come with the game and put my own in there. Sorry guys, I know you worked hard on them but my collection is more comprehensive and yours just get in the way. After that I think I'm going to give historical replay a try. Now that I've gotten over my hangups about it.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #30
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

My OOTP 19 plan is that once it's released I'll go out, leaving the office for the first time in months and get drunk. Seriously drunk.

Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:44 PM   #31
kenman
Minors (Single A)

Import my replay

I'll import my replay of ootp 2017 quickstart and wait a couple of weeks for final rosters to start current season replay.
kenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #32
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
My OOTP 19 plan is that once it's released I'll go out, leaving the office for the first time in months and get drunk. Seriously drunk.

Judging from photos from release days from past years, you won't have to go out though right? You and the team are gonna kick back and crack some cold ones while your loyal subjects are freaking out like little kids on Christmas morning.

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-12-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #33
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

nice! & well deserved.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:24 PM   #34
ajgodson
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'll play as I have since OOTP3 - I'll start with opening day rosters to play as the Brewers as manager/GM.

I'll play each game, setting the lineups but simming the first 6 innings to manage the bullpen home. In a typical OOTP year, I'll make it to about 2050 before its run its course and is time for next year's game.
ajgodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:07 PM   #35
spartacus007
Minors (Triple A)

I have a fictional league structure that I'm waiting for OOTP 19 to use, because of three key new features:

Unlimited languages in database
I'm using a modified world database. It's semi-historical, set in ~1800. I had to make some really tough language choices to fit it into OOTP 18. But OOTP 19 will allow me to add Native American namesets without losing the ones already in the game.

Can now skip player creation when adding a league to a world already in progress

I've always wanted to be able to do this. I plan to start the world out with a couple small, regional independent leagues (Virginia & Boston). Then after a few seasons, I'll create the world's first Major League. They'll be able to sign players from the smaller leagues.

FA-style tournaments between teams
I'm super excited for this. I'm going to have the Liberty Cup begin right away between these regional leagues, before the first major league is created.

Historical Mode:
OOTP 24 (Challenge Mode)
⚾ 1901-19 Reds: 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🏆🏆🏆🏆
FHM 10
🏒 1909-18 Wanderers: 🏆
🏒 1918-19: Arenas/St. Patricks: 🏆🏆
spartacus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:52 PM   #36
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I will carry my current fictional leagues over to v19 ...

My European Baseball League with 3 8-team divisons per sub-league, 162 games
My World Baseball League, currently with 4 6-team divisions per sub-league, but that will reach 4 8-team subleagues when expansion is all said and done ... 162 games
and my Central Baseball League with 3 6-team division per sub-league, playing a 200-game schedule plus best-of-nine play-off series

In addition I have a fictional FMLB-leaague all ready to go, adding the Montreal Expos, Milwaukee Braves, Brooklyn Dodgers, St. Louis Browns, Philadelphia A's and Washington Senators to the current ML-setting with all teams playing in their real park
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:16 PM   #37
Henry
Hall of Fame

I only play fictional any more, so my new UBA REIMAGINED league will start with OOTP19. Year 1-56 will be played out every 2 weeks (in season) and once a month (at most) off season. Stories will be attached to the timeline for interest and league development. Then, starting in Year 57 (LVII) I'll start playing out games by either day or week.

PS: As soon as the OOTP 19 Dynasty thread is initiated I'll be writing more about it.
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:37 AM   #38
texasmame
All Star Starter

Continue on with my fictional league with historical players; 26 teams overall, including two expansion teams this year. The players stats/abilities are based on their career averages. This is my 12th season. I play all the games out in one-pitch and 3D mode with my opening day being played on the opening day of baseball season IRL.

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #39
cavebutter
All Star Starter

I will port over my current fictional universe for it's 67th season:
1 40 team ML with 5 levels of minors based in North America
1 40 team ML based internationally (14 Asia, 16 Europe, 10 Africa/Middle East)

I'm really excited to play around with revamped tournaments and league creation modes, so I may have to start over...

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:46 AM   #40
Dorfmann
Minors (Double A)

I will likely be importing my Orioles save from 18. There's also a chance that I'll just start a new one for more challenge, as I already feel like my team is too good going into the 2020 season.
Dorfmann is offline   Reply With Quote