Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #1
kicktothehead
Bat Boy

Sell me on this game with one answer....

I have the game up ... and will happily spend the $39.99 but I am wary of one thing which makes this game much different than others ..

For example - If I choose (for the sake of the debate) Sidney Crosby - and change his forward role to something completely illogical - say goon or something of the sorts ... will the engine take this setting into account and will Crosby's production drop, PMs go up, etc?

OR is this role merely a cosmetic setting?

I would like to know if the game engine uses the attributes of the players for the role they are chosen to play.

Thank you

-B
kicktothehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
kicktothehead
Bat Boy

I believe I found my answer searching the forums ... does this information still hold in the current version of the game?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...highlight=role
Old 03-21-2017, 07:06 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yes - to sum up, setting him to play as a goon/enforcer will cause him to fight more often and play more aggressively in general, and reduce his offensive performance. Additionally, the goon/enforcer role isn't a valid top-6 role for most, if not all, tactics, so he'd be reduced to third-line usage at best. And the expectations for players in the goon/enforcer role are significantly different from those of players in scoring roles, for example, so his game ratings will probably suffer, since his offensive output won't be considered as the most important part of his overall contribution. He's expected to be fighting and playing physically if he's in that role; goals are nice, but not as important as they wood be for him if he was playing an offense-oriented role.

It's not going to turn him into Tom Sestito by any stretch of the imagination. He's still Sidney Crosby, who has outstanding skills but isn't too effective at beating people up on a nightly basis. But it will detract from his performance.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:01 AM   #4
kicktothehead
Bat Boy

haha great response. I bought the game last night and have been having a blast.
I really like the UI and the tactical options are just fabulous. I had been playing EHM and it is dry as toast compared to what you have created here.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:33 AM   #5
dannibalcorpse
Minors (Double A)

i wholeheartedly support your efforts to ruin sidney crosby, by the way
dannibalcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:10 AM   #6
kicktothehead
Bat Boy

^ outstanding hahaha