Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2015, 07:25 PM   #1
flyers139
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Support for high DPI settings?

Hello all,

Loving the game so far. One thing I've struggled with (and this is something that occurs in OOTP16 as well) is that the fonts are very small on high resolution settings (the default on my ultrabook is 3200x1800). Maximizing window size doesn't help. Is there any way to improve readability without having to simply lower my screen resolution every time I play? Again, this is something I've dealt with in the past, so I came into this knowing I might have to work around it myself, but it would be nice if I didn't have to take this extra step just to be able to read the font.

Thanks.
flyers139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:11 PM   #2
flyers139
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is just an example of what the game looks like for me, running at high resolution and maximized window.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:23 AM   #3
tzchunx
Bat Boy

I have the same issue. Hoping there's a workaround without lowering the screen resolution before starting the game each time. The small text is pretty much unreadable at the 4k resolution.
tzchunx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:45 AM   #4
Cod
All Star Reserve

Try this...

Right-click the FHM 2 exe file --> Select "Properties" --> Select the "Compatibility" tab --> Check the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".

Start the game and see what happens.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:29 AM   #5
flyers139
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
Try this...

Right-click the FHM 2 exe file --> Select "Properties" --> Select the "Compatibility" tab --> Check the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".

Start the game and see what happens.
I appreciate the suggestion. I have tried this already and it doesn't seem to do anything, unfortunately. Thank you for taking the time to respond, though.

Last edited by flyers139; 09-29-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:25 PM   #6
Cod
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers139 View Post
I appreciate the suggestion. I have tried this already and it doesn't seem to do anything, unfortunately. Thank you for taking the time to respond, though.
No worries. What resolution are you running the game at? What size are you playing on?
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:31 PM   #7
flyers139
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
No worries. What resolution are you running the game at? What size are you playing on?
I currently have the game set at 2560x1600 with my screen resolution running at 3200x1800. Windowed vs full screen doesn't seem to make any difference. The only thing that doesn't seem to change is the size of the font, which is a strain to read at the size I demonstrated above (look at the second photo and compare my Windows toolbar icons and font to the in-game).

Now, if I lower my screen resolution, the problem goes away. I just have other programs that I have to use that are configured to run at the default high resolution, so it would be nice to not have to take this extra step every time I run the game.

At the end of the day, this is a first-world problem haha. I'll live, but if there is a solution, that would be great.