Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-26-2015, 09:47 PM   #1
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

A List

To what is Grey Out that can't be done in this Game yet that can be done in another Out of the Park Developmemt Games because somebody might want to buy this version and some Feature or Option is Grey Out and can't be changed or Turned On somebody was hopping for.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:53 PM   #2
MulletedMenace
Bat Boy

What?
MulletedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:41 PM   #3
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletedMenace View Post
What?
Pretty much sums it up when it comes to the OP. id flag this as spam, but I dont feel like being warned agsin.

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:11 PM   #4
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
To what is Grey Out that can't be done in this Game yet that can be done in another Out of the Park Developmemt Games because somebody might want to buy this version and some Feature or Option is Grey Out and can't be changed or Turned On somebody was hopping for.
Never change, Matt.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:28 PM   #5
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

I am going to try to translate...

In FHM1 for example, the option to turn off "retire players with history" during historical play is a check box that one is not able to toggle. Allowing players to retire in a different time frame from what history dictated is a feature that is available in OOTPB.

Will there be features that are listed as options but are not actually options (i.e. unable to be toggled) in FHM2? If so, what are those features?

How did I do?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:39 PM   #6
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

What?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:56 PM   #7
Smetana
All Star Starter

Translation is futile.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:07 AM   #8
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I believe he's essentially asking for a complete rundown of what features exist in OOTP 16 that don't exist in FHM 2, which is a bit ridiculous to ask and not something I am going to be answering.

We have stated repeatedly that this is a different game from OOTP and while there are similarities, no one should be loading it up thinking it's going to be identical to OOTP, except a hockey game

Both games have things that are different from one another and that will always be the case.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:08 AM   #9
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
In FHM1 for example, the option to turn off "retire players with history" during historical play is a check box that one is not able to toggle.
It's now toggleable in FHM 2, for what it's worth.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:32 AM   #10
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I believe he's essentially asking for a complete rundown of what features exist in OOTP 16 that don't exist in FHM 2, which is a bit ridiculous to ask and not something I am going to be answering.

We have stated repeatedly that this is a different game from OOTP and while there are similarities, no one should be loading it up thinking it's going to be identical to OOTP, except a hockey game

Both games have things that are different from one another and that will always be the case.
Oh, so you mean I can't set my pitching staff in FHM2? What crap...
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 10:31 AM   #11
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

No what I meant is what things are in this Game that can't be changed or so on. Like for example League Structure Page is their but not turned On so can't go to it or this Option is Greyed out so can't he changed at the moment at any time in Game. I am not asking about OTTP,Boxing Game,MLB Manager or so on.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:40 AM   #12
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
or this Option is Greyed out so can't he changed at the moment at any time in Game.
P.S. Mgom, if your native language isn't English (just like mine isn't), you can write the text in your own language and below the translation in Google Translate. That way it may be easier to understand.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:43 PM   #13
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Okay. Without adding any new ones yet ones that are Greyed Out I would do a Test Run with them not Greyed Out to see if they give Errors then no go if they do at the moment making the Game not work.
In Hockey we can have unbalanced Leagues so like Western Conference has 13 Teams,Eastern Conference has like 17 Teams
so moving Teams around in League Structure won't give us any errors and don't need to generate a new Schedule just got make sher have Even number of Teams in League.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:13 PM   #14
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Are there Structure tabs greyed out in the new version? Has anyone said for sure?

I believe it's been said that when adding expansion teams,the divisions (or conferences) don't have too be balanced.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:55 PM   #15
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Are there Structure tabs greyed out in the new version? Has anyone said for sure?

I believe it's been said that when adding expansion teams,the divisions (or conferences) don't have too be balanced.
Currently you cannot edit league structures but yes with expansion teams the divisions do not need to be balanced. Currently the NHL is already unbalanced with 2 more teams in the East.

As for a list, mgom27, I suggest you just wait and check out the reviews.

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-27-2015 at 11:58 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:16 AM   #16
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I just want to add something important here:

The game, on release, is 100% feature ready, no Early Access, no pre-order and wait for stuff, no promise of something to be added later. The game, as it is released today, is 100% done and playable out of the box (or better, from the download link ). The game has no disabled buttons/dropdowns because the feature is not ready.

It is not the first time I say this but I want to repeat it again: people, who want mostly edit/customize there game, please take a close look e.g. on our Road to Release article about fictional and customization or wait and read reviews before buying the game for this feature alone. Please wait and see if FHM 2 has enough options for you to be happy. Fictional and customization is not our main focus of the game (the real world is and always will be) and fictional, customization (and historical) will always be a (nice) addition to that.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:04 AM   #17
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Currently you cannot edit league structures but yes with expansion teams the divisions do not need to be balanced. Currently the NHL is already unbalanced with 2 more teams in the East.

As for a list, mgom27, I suggest you just wait and check out the reviews.
If you start a fictional league at 6 teams and have 15 expansions of 2 teams ,making 36 teams,will it still be one league of 36 teams with no divisions and no conferences?
Old 09-28-2015, 07:50 AM   #18
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
If you start a fictional league at 6 teams and have 15 expansions of 2 teams ,making 36 teams,will it still be one league of 36 teams with no divisions and no conferences?
@ Orioles1966: I like your enthusiasm but I'm really not sure if you will be happy with the game. Maybe I'm wrong but judging this by your questions I get the feeling that you want something from the game that is not intended by the game. Sorry to say that but maybe a different game suits your playing style more.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:27 AM   #19
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
@ Orioles1966: I like your enthusiasm but I'm really not sure if you will be happy with the game. Maybe I'm wrong but judging this by your questions I get the feeling that you want something from the game that is not intended by the game. Sorry to say that but maybe a different game suits your playing style more.
As long as player editing works,I will be happy.

Others want everything done at a push of a tab. There are work arounds.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 09-28-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #20
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I don't need a List anymore just League Structure option turned on and give the Computer Commands to do like move all Players not Drafted to Free-Agent Market or Drafted by Blues to the Blues.