Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-02-2015, 09:20 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation Announcing Franchise Hockey Manager 2 - Available September 28, 2015!

Hey hockey fans!

We are very proud to announce FHM 2 today, the official release date is September 28, 2015! The game will be released along with a 25% special discount for the first week ($29.99 instead of $39.99) and will be available for both PC and Mac OSX.

The new FHM has been in development for almost 2 years now, and we are very excited about it. Essentially, most of the game has been redesigned from scratch and we have added a huge list of new features and enhancements. You can read about it and see the first screenshots in our latest newsletter here:

Franchise Hockey Manager 2 - Available September 28, 2015!

From now on we'll continue to update you on the development progress and share more information as we grow closer to release date. Stay tuned!

Cheers!
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:27 AM   #2
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

And with that my need for gainful employment has been stepped up a notch. Congrats, and well timed!

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #3
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Yes! Awesome guys! I have a feeling it's going to be great given all the updates Cole has been giving. This is an easy pre-order for me if that's an option. Hope we get some jersey files prior so I can start whipping up my custom league jerseys! I think I need more exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:43 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Yes! Awesome guys! I have a feeling it's going to be great given all the updates Cole has been giving. This is an easy pre-order for me if that's an option. Hope we get some jersey files prior so I can start whipping up my custom league jerseys! I think I need more exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will not have a pre-order but a release discount of 25% So, you should get it on release day!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:47 AM   #5
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We will not have a pre-order but a release discount of 25% So, you should get it on release day!
That's just as good. I was just offering to give you my credit card right now.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #6
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Folks FHM2 isn't just a version of FHM with a few fixes and new features. The game has been overhauled and is a completely different experience to FHM. The level of immersion and fun in the game is incomparable to the previous version. The UI is greatly improved, Facegen gives an extra degree of detail to the player/staff profiles, the tactics system is hugely improved and the game engine brings a depth to playing your games that was totally lacking in FHM.

So brace yourselves folks FHM2 is coming and it has been well worth the wait :-)

Mario Lemieux - "Every day is a great day for hockey."
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:06 AM   #7
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Total Hockey n00b, but I'm looking forward to this.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:31 AM   #8
icedragon15
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hey hockey fans!

We are very proud to announce FHM 2 today, the official release date is September 28, 2015! The game will be released along with a 25% special discount for the first week ($29.99 instead of $39.99) and will be available for both PC and Mac OSX.

The new FHM has been in development for almost 2 years now, and we are very excited about it. Essentially, most of the game has been redesigned from scratch and we have added a huge list of new features and enhancements. You can read about it and see the first screenshots in our latest newsletter here:

Franchise Hockey Manager 2 - Available September 28, 2015!

From now on we'll continue to update you on the development progress and share more information as we grow closer to release date. Stay tuned!

Cheers!
Markus
just wondering is the only way to have it on steam is buying on steam not buying here right?
icedragon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #9
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Same here Doc. Not as big a hockey fan as I once was, but I will definitely be purchasing this game, just as I did the first one. Will always support OOTP. Getting close to "semi retirement" and my wife keeps asking me what I'm going to do with all my "free" time. Well, you know the answer to that question. lol
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #10
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Ok, I'll admit it. I didn't buy FHM I. But count me in on FHM II.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:34 AM   #11
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedragon15 View Post
just wondering is the only way to have it on steam is buying on steam not buying here right?
As far as I know, yes, but I'll let Markus or one of the developers correct me if I'm wrong.

The two purchasing options are Steam or from esellerate.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:34 AM   #12
HabsJaysFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hold on to your hockey pants boys and girls because this is going to be the game we all have been waiting for! 'Well done guys!
HabsJaysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:35 AM   #13
icedragon15
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
As far as I know, yes, but I'll let Markus or one of the developers correct me if I'm wrong.

The two purchasing options are Steam or from esellerate.
thanks that sucks then
icedragon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:38 AM   #14
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
thanks that sucks then
Wouldn't Esellerate mean you aren't buying from Steam and don't need it? That's how I took it.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:45 AM   #15
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Wouldn't Esellerate mean you aren't buying from Steam and don't need it? That's how I took it.
Perhaps I misunderstood his question. I thought he was asking for a way to have the game on Steam, without buying it on Steam...

If the question is do you have to play the game on Steam, then the answer is no.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:47 AM   #16
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Any word on how the 2015-16 AHL will be handled. 5 teams are playing 68 games while the remaining 25 will play 76 games? Points percentage will decide the playoff match-ups.

Also,any final word on max expansion teams per League(that has expansion)?

Also,it looks like three teams in the ECHL will play as independent. What will NHL teams (that only have AHL teams ) do with their extra players?

Last edited by Orioles1966; 09-02-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #17
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
AFAIK you can add any game to your Steam client but it will e.g. not update itself in that case.

Why do you not want to buy the game on Steam but still have it on Steam (I guess I'm missing something here ).
Old 09-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #18
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

One question, when the Panthers win will the game let me throw rats on the ice? (Not that it happens often)
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:58 AM   #19
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Any word on how the 2015-16 AHL will be handled. 5 teams are playing 68 games while the remaining 25 will play 76 games? Points percentage will decide the playoff match-ups.
We just added it, so it will exactly follow the rules.

Quote:
Also,any final word on max expansion teams per League(that has expansion)?
6 (3 times 2 teams).

Quote:
Also,it looks like three teams in the ECHL will play as independent. What will NHL teams (that only have AHL teams ) do with their extra players?
Like in reality, they just don't have that option available.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:02 AM   #20
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
One question, when the Panthers win will the game let me throw rats on the ice? (Not that it happens often)
Not with the basic game but we sell extra packs of rats as IAP, then it is possible. We even have a shortcut key combo (SHIFT-ALT-STRG-R) for it for your convenience. Of course we also hardcoded Florida to not win any games (just like in reality), so you might look stupid beeing alone in the arena and throwing rats on the ice while your team loses another game.

Last edited by Sebastian Palkowski; 09-02-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote