Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Question for historical simmers re: the 1890s

I have a question for those of you who try to recreate the real-life league structure, i.e., not the slightly fictionalized version the game gives you for the 19th century.

What do you do with the 1890s, when the American Association ceases to exist and the 12-team National League is the only major league? Unless things have changed in a recent version, you can't delete existing subleagues - is that still true? If so, do you just put half the NL in one subleague and the other half in the other? If so, what does that do to your league record-keeping?

I'm moving fairly quickly through the 19th century in my current solo league and I'm wondering what to do when I get there.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:51 PM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckstein 4 Prez View Post
Unless things have changed in a recent version, you can't delete existing subleagues - is that still true? YES If so, do you just put half the NL in one subleague and the other half in the other? YES If so, what does that do to your league record-keeping? That is pretty obvious
You can handle these things as you wish of course. Until OOTP fixes 19th Century baseball compromises are what you must live with.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #3
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, my plan is probably to put six teams in one sub-league, six in the other. Not much else you can do, right?
Old 07-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #4
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckstein 4 Prez View Post
Yeah, my plan is probably to put six teams in one sub-league, six in the other. Not much else you can do, right?
Correctemundo.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:53 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

In one version I had on 15 i deleted the AA and had just the NL left. They were both their own leagues and independent from each other. i hate how OOTP makes pre 1900 so I try to get as close to RL as i can. Tedious though.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:20 PM   #6
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I resolved this by starting in the year 1893.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:02 AM   #7
WFIL73
Minors (Single A)

A method I use

You can keep the 2 subleagues, but don't have any teams in one subleague and all 12 in the other subleague. You may have to modify the schedule files - or download the 19th century schedule files from the mods page. Keep expansion off and then in 1901 you can create new teams in the empty subleague that will now be the American League. Hope this helps.
WFIL73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #8
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFIL73 View Post
You can keep the 2 subleagues, but don't have any teams in one subleague and all 12 in the other subleague. You may have to modify the schedule files - or download the 19th century schedule files from the mods page. Keep expansion off and then in 1901 you can create new teams in the empty subleague that will now be the American League. Hope this helps.
^^^^
This is what I've done in the past.

Pre-1901 I create a MLB league with two subleagues with expansion off. The AL subleague is empty until 1901 when the new AL teams are manually added.

Prior to 1901, I manually import 19th century schedules for the NL teams.
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #9
WFIL73
Minors (Single A)

Like everyone else, when I create the National League in 1876 it has both subleagues, and I keep the one that will be the American League empty. I use the 19th century schedule from the mods page, and expansion is off. When I create the Union Association and American Associations I delete that second subleague.
WFIL73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:32 PM   #10
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

What if you started in 1871 with a historical league with one subleague? The plan would be to run the American Association (and/or the others) as a separate league, and then to add the second subleague in 1901. I suppose the big objection would be that the individual stats wouldn't work.

I really wish after over a decade of this that Markus would support the 19th century historical leagues properly. It can't possibly be that hard. I've had a good time this year with my 1901 historical league, but it's just not the same.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:48 AM   #11
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
What if you started in 1871 with a historical league with one subleague? The plan would be to run the American Association (and/or the others) as a separate league, and then to add the second subleague in 1901. I suppose the big objection would be that the individual stats wouldn't work.

I really wish after over a decade of this that Markus would support the 19th century historical leagues properly. It can't possibly be that hard. I've had a good time this year with my 1901 historical league, but it's just not the same.
I somewhat agree with you. If Markus would allow the game to use more than the AL or NL abbreviations would help but at the same time it is a headache with all the player and team movement.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote