Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:37 PM   #1041
Alex.Caporicci
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
Whenever I minimize and maximize the game I get either a black or white screen. I can not even exit out unless I go to task manager.

Was a solution for this ever found? I'm having same problem.
Alex.Caporicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #1042
Thunder175
Minors (Single A)

Rule Draft 5 year increment problem

OOTP 16.4 Build 17

Issue when leagues in an association utilize the Rule 5 Draft rule. The year does not increment to the next correctly whether in common mode or in seperate. For example, I manually set the Rule 5 Draft for December 1st, 1909, however once that draft passes the next automatically generated draft is scheduled for 1911, not 1910 as expected.

This behavior is only seen when leagues are in an association. When operating outside of an association in another fictional universe the years increment as they are supposed to.
Thunder175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:16 PM   #1043
Thunder175
Minors (Single A)

Association Shared Draft # of Rounds

OOTP 16.4 Build 17

In an association utilizing shared draft pools, changing the settings in the association setup does not reflect to the actual draft. For example, on initial setup of the association my league utilized 15 draft rounds. However subsequent expansion of the league requires additional draft rounds and I increased to 20 in the league association setup page. Despite this, all drafts are still currently 15 rounds despite the association and individual leagues correctly displaying 20 rounds in their setup pages.
Thunder175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:08 PM   #1044
ThatOneJerk
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneJerk View Post
I have had a similar issue. I started a regular MLB game in 2015, and a few days after the draft, I got a message saying one of the GCL teams in the farm system of the team I was controlling had an illegal number of players on the roster. It turns out the roster was completely empty. I have played two other regular MLB games controlling the same team and have not had this issue. However, the save having this issue is the first I've begun since downloading the most recent update.
Upon further review, I've noticed that the rosters for all of the GCL teams are incomplete in the latest version. Some teams have just a handful of players, others have none.
ThatOneJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:47 PM   #1045
diamondparoxysm
Minors (Single A)

Once again, I'm posting this. Dodgers have enough money to take on Cain's 20M this year, but says they are 14M over budget? What's up?
Attached Images
diamondparoxysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #1046
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

vRHP incorrect tab navigation

Small one...

This was in 15 (I recall it showing up there first, but might be wrong) and seems to have migrated to 16.

Easy to replicate.

When starting on:
"Graphical Depth Chart"
"Lineups Overview"
"7-Day Lineups"

When you then click on "vRHP" the game actually navigates to "vRHP+DH"

Can repeat this at every level of minors on this same page.
It is kind of a pain if you're not paying attention and, for example, use an "available action" to make a mass change, then realizing you're on the wrong tab.

Hope that helps?
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:03 AM   #1047
majesty95
All Star Starter

7-Day Lineups Terribly Buggy

I only use the 7-Day lineups during Spring Training to try and get equal playing time to my guys. For the most part it works well accept that, when entering them, it is really buggy.

I will go through and create my lineups on a sheet of paper and then start entering them into the game. Occasionally when I drop a player on a line, say the 7th spot in the order, it will put him in the 6th spot. Sometimes, it will even pop him up several spots towards the top of the order. I've also had several instances of dropping a player in the Day 3 or 4 spot and it change the lineup from a day or two previous.

Eventually I can get them to stick as I had intended but it is terribly frustrating and adds extra time onto an already time consuming process.

FWIW, I generally go across the lineups entering one position each day. For example, I have a pre-determined order by position (say CF, RF, 1B, DH, C, etc.) I do this bc it makes it easier to spread playing time and to enter. Even though this is non-traditional method of entering the 7-day lineups, I've also recreated this bug just entering players in one lineup at a time.

As a side note, it would make life a lot easier if the AI did a better job of splitting starts on its own in Spring Training. Better yet would be an option to limit plate appearances or total games per player!
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:37 PM   #1048
skoormit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondparoxysm View Post
Once again, I'm posting this. Dodgers have enough money to take on Cain's 20M this year, but says they are 14M over budget? What's up?
The facts (from the picture):

NYY shows 33,375,911 available.
Trade Summary claims Cain's $20M salary would put them in the red by 14,404,089.
To be in the red that much, they'd actually have to be spending 47,780,000.

A theory:
Does NYY have outstanding FA, trade, or arb offers that would increase their payroll by 27,780,000?
skoormit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #1049
skoormit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.Caporicci View Post
Was a solution for this ever found? I'm having same problem.
I've had similar problems with other programs. Sometimes alt-tab out of the program and then back to the program clears it up.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:45 PM   #1050
diamondparoxysm
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoormit View Post
The facts (from the picture):

NYY shows 33,375,911 available.
Trade Summary claims Cain's $20M salary would put them in the red by 14,404,089.
To be in the red that much, they'd actually have to be spending 47,780,000.

A theory:
Does NYY have outstanding FA, trade, or arb offers that would increase their payroll by 27,780,000?
No idea, but OOTP should factor that into "available money in budget"
diamondparoxysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:00 PM   #1051
skoormit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondparoxysm View Post
No idea, but OOTP should factor that into "available money in budget"
Agreed, and I did not intend to imply that it shouldn't.

It might be helpful to the devs if you could determine if the theory is correct. Changing the calculation of "available money" (by taking into account any pending offers that would reduce it) is different from trying to determine why the amount of available money implied by the trade status calculation differs from the displayed value of "available money" (by $27.78M in this case).
Old 04-24-2015, 09:42 PM   #1052
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Off-day after the series ends, but still gets a double-header at the beginning of the series. I know it's a work in progress...I do like that games are PPD, but the rescheduling needs some work still.
Attached Images
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:54 PM   #1053
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
This is something I've noticed for several years, not sure if it's just me or if it's "as designed".

One of the things I've noticed is that after a rain delay, the pitcher sometimes is "Exhausted" which makes sense because of the delay. But, he often stays in the game - despite being exhausted. So, it's like 6 times out of 10 a hit on the next at bat. Which then results in a quick pitching change.

I'm not sure how the dynamics work, but I feel that there should be a check prior to the start of the next at bat in which the pitcher is "checked" to see if he is tired/exhausted and then changed if so.

It doesn't always happen after a delay, but it's pretty common.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:00 PM   #1054
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

This isn't something I've complained about and I usually defend it happening but after seeing this I have to say it needs to be worked on. 12 times in the off-season. I could see if the guy was a fringe player during the regular season being signed and released because of injuries or whatever but in the off season? I can't defend that.

ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:02 PM   #1055
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorseMoose View Post
This is something I've noticed for several years, not sure if it's just me or if it's "as designed".

One of the things I've noticed is that after a rain delay, the pitcher sometimes is "Exhausted" which makes sense because of the delay. But, he often stays in the game - despite being exhausted. So, it's like 6 times out of 10 a hit on the next at bat. Which then results in a quick pitching change.

I'm not sure how the dynamics work, but I feel that there should be a check prior to the start of the next at bat in which the pitcher is "checked" to see if he is tired/exhausted and then changed if so.

It doesn't always happen after a delay, but it's pretty common.
Morse, one problem is that rain delays will sometimes occur in the middle of an at-bat. So, after the delay, the pitcher has to complete the at-bat. IRL, delays usually occur between batters (or half-innings). At least, I think so.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:20 AM   #1056
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Issues with AI and DH only players

The AI gets a top notch draft pick with high stars that are DH only but gets released by the AI. I had four get realeased this season. So to test it I manually put them in weaker teams that need a DH but they did the same it happen with 2 other teams. Then I tried some minor league teams it happen too.
Its almost if the AI does not values the DH very high at all when it comes to rosters. In the draft they will but not on rosters.

From all the weird drafting and releasing that happens. I get the feeling that the draft logic and roster logic don't crossover.

Chargers= Despicable Traitors

Last edited by Padreman; 04-25-2015 at 01:23 AM.
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:08 AM   #1057
dunningrb
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorseMoose View Post
Off-day after the series ends, but still gets a double-header at the beginning of the series. I know it's a work in progress...I do like that games are PPD, but the rescheduling needs some work still.
Were the White Sox also off on the 25th?
Old 04-25-2015, 08:52 AM   #1058
blazertaz13
Minors (Double A)

I am currently playing out my game as manager. I had my pitcher injured during the last out of an inning (while pitching). Why do I have to put another pitcher in his slot before I hit?

The sad part is that he was the forth batter to come up in the inning so either I had to burn him without pitching or allow him to hit.

I just trying to figure out why I couldn't institute a new pitcher when I took the field for the next inning.
blazertaz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:25 PM   #1059
KurtBevacqua
Hall Of Famer

Another programming flaw found. The AI drafted a player listed with a CEI in the expansion draft. Might wanna make those guys listed as "career over" ineligible for pretty much anything.
"The type and formula of most schemes of philanthropy or humanitarianism is this: A and B put their heads together to decide what C shall be made to do for D. The radical vice of all these schemes, from a sociological point of view, is that C is not allowed a voice in the matter, and his position, character, and interests, as well as the ultimate effects on society through C's interests, are entirely overlooked. I call C the Forgotten Man"

- William Graham Sumner
KurtBevacqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #1060
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunningrb View Post
Were the White Sox also off on the 25th?
If he's using the 2015 MLB schedule, then, no, the White Sox are not off on the 25th. They open a series with Detroit on that date.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote