Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 03-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #1
Bigby Wolf
Minors (Single A)

(Dynasty) Vancouver Canucks

Game Version 1.5 Build 20

Thanks to tcblcommish for the assist on how to post screenshots

Note: I edited injuries to 1.00 and .75 in practice (this isn't soccer/football, IMO - practice injuries in hockey aren't as common)

And finally - i had absolutely zero intentions of writing up a dynasty report but this first season took an unexpected twist....

The master game plan was for the Canucks to get younger and tougher while retaining the necessary amount of skilled players. This meant trading alot of the current roster players. After my busy pre-season transaction binge, I would re-assess the team after 21 games and then again at mid-season (after 41 games). The last re-assessment period would take place at the trade deadline. The only players that I considered to be untouchables were the Sedins and Kevin Bieksa. The fates of the other players would be decided via their performances during the season.

August 22;
To Islanders: Ryan Kesler, Jannik Hansen, David Booth, Zac Dalpe, Jordan Schroeder, Brad Richardson, 2014 7th (Vancouver) round pick, rights to Patrick McNally
To Vancouver: John Tavares, Matt Martin, 2015, 1st (Islanders) round pick

August 25
To Philadelphia: Mike Santorelli, Andrew Alberts, Tom Sestito, Yannick Weber, Darren Archibald, 2014 6th (Vancouver) round pick, rights to Bill Sweatt, Joseph LaBate
To Vancouver: Matt Read, 2015 1st (Philadelphia) round pick

August 30
To Buffalo: Alexandre Grenier, Adam Polasek, Yann Sauve, Patrick Mullen, 2015 1st (Philadelphia) round pick, rights to Wesley Myron, Ronald Kenins
To Vancouver: Cody McCormick, 2015 1st (Buffalo) round pick

Sept 2
To Florida: Alex Burrows, Pascal Pelletier, Jeremie Blain, Brandon DeFazio, Benn Ferriero, Jeremy Welsh, Colin Stuart, 2015 4th (Vancouver) round pick, 2015 7th (Vancouver) round pick, rights to Ben Hutton and Jeremy Price
To Vancouver: Kris Versteeg, 2015 1st (Florida) round pick

Sept 6
To Anaheim: Cody McCormick, Kellen Lain, Alexandre Mallet, Joacim Eriksson, 2015 3rd and 6th round (Vancouver) picks, 2016 7th round (Vancouver) pick
To Vancouver: Andrew Cogliano

Sept 12
Dipped into free agency for some extra depth at forward - signed Jamie Langenbrunner for 1 year @ $1,450,000.

Sept 30
Re-signed Henrik Sedin to a 4 year extension worth $28,800,000. ($7,200,000 per year)
I then tried to re-sign Daniel Sedin, he told me that he wasnt interested in re-signing and that he wanted to become a free agent. Using the all powerful Commissioner mode, I imposed the same contract on Daniel, that Henrik signed for. (this is the only time that I actually used the commissioner mode to make a change)

Oct 2
Canucks extend both Chris Tanev and Zach Kassian for another 3 years each. Tanev will make $1,560,000 per season and Kassian will make $1,520,000 per season.

Opening Night Roster
Forward Lines
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Niklas Jensen
Chris Higgins - John Tavares - Zack Kassian
Matt Read - Andrew Cogliano - Kris Versteeg
Matt Martin - Alex Friesen - Dale Weise
Scratched: Jamie Langenbrunner

Defense
Alex Edler - Jason Garrison
Dan Hamhuis - Kevin Bieksa
Chris Tanev - Ryan Stanton

Goalies
Roberto Luongo - Eddie Lack

I sim on a daily basis, so I can monitor everything that's happening in the league.

Nov 14, 2014 - 21 games into the season
The team got off to a surprisingly good start, with 6 wins in the first 8 games. After 21 games, their record was 12-9-0. 58 goals scored and 52 goals allowed. I was in 6th place in the Western Conference and I will admit that I was pleasantly surprised. Luongo was off to a good start, Garrsion had 17 points, Edler and Bieksa had 10 and 13 points. Daniel Sedin was my top forward with 14 points. My prized acquisition, John Tavares was off to a slow start with only 5 goals and 11 points. Defensively, I was looking good but I suspected that scoring goals was going to become a problem.

Niklas Jensen, in 21 games - with 2 goals and 3 assists while averaging almost 15 minutes a game on the top line (with a 5.5 ability, potential 8) was sent to the minors. Kassian was bumped up to the top line and Jamie Langenbrunner, after sitting out the first 21 games, was placed on the second line RW.

Dec 17, 2013:
36 games into the season, as the team was approaching the halfway point of the season - we had a record of 17-18-1 (5-9-1 during this quarter of the season) It wasn't looking good for the Canucks during this stretch, as we were losing more than we were winning. I was beginning to think that I'd have to further gut the team but then the Canucks won 6 straight games (games 37-42) including back to back shutouts for rookie netminder, Eddie Lack. During that 6 game winning streak, the team scored 21 goals and only allowed 7. The goals were nice to see (finally!), but it was obvious that my team was solidly defensively and they would continue to struggle to score goals.

I've decided to wait until the trade deadline before making any more moves. The 6 game win streak suggests that additional major changes can hopefully be avoided. I planned on further evaluations - and was hopeful that some small tweaks would help. The only roster moves made were dropping Kassian to the 2nd line and promoting the under-achieving Langenbrunner to the 1st line. Also, rookie Henrik Tommernes replaced rookie d-man Ryan Stanton on the 3rd defense pairing.

42 games into the season - with a record of 23-18-1 while scoring 122 goals and allowing 109.

Dec 2, 2013
Dale Weise rejects a contract extension. I qualified him but he's decided to wait for offer sheets from other teams.

Dec 2, 2013
Eddie Lack signs a 3 year extension, worth $1,100,000 per season.

Dec 9, 2013 (first major injury!)
Roberto Luongo out 4 weeks with 'shoulder bursitis'

Feb 25, 2014

60 games into the season - with a record of 34-25-1 while scoring 191 goals and allowing 156. Goal scoring was up during this stretch of games but my top (scoring) players were sitting in the high 30's, low 40's. Most troubling was the lack of scoring from second line center, John Tavares. His LW, Chris Higgins had 14g 14a in 55 games. On the right side, Kassian had a respectable 20g 19a in 60 games. On the blueline, my top d-man was Alex Edler with 7g 32a in 60 games.....so I went hunting for a better LW to play with Tavares.....and.....

Feb 25, 2014
To Dallas: Alex Edler, Chris Higgins, 2015 5th round (Vancouver) pick, 2016 6th round (Vancouver) pick
To Vancouver: Jamie Benn, Brendan Dillion

Dillon was having a good year, with 25points in 58 games in Dallas. So I immediately offered him a contract extension. He was asking for $5.25 million per season, for 5 years. The team decided to counter with 5 years at $5million per season. He's no longer willing to negotiate. Disappointing.

Feb 23, 2014
Henrik Sedin injured, out for a few days with a sore wrist. Tough way to end his iron man streak.

April 7, 2014
John Tavares injured, out for 4 weeks with a strained bicep.

The Stretch Run
The team finished the season with an impressive 15-5-2 record down the stretch. The team scored 83 goals in those final 22 games while allowing only 55 goals. The team actually ended up scoring the most goals in the league, and they tied (with Chicago) for the fewest goals allowed.

Skater stats

Goalie stats

The Playoffs

Losing Tavares to injury, heading into the playoffs, well - the team just doesn't currently have the necessary depth. 25 year old local boy, and journeyman center Zach Hamill put up a respectable 9 points in 19 games during the season but the management group along with the coaching staff decided to call up young 20 year old Brendan Gaunce to plug into the #2 hole at center.

Vancouver managed to beat the St. Louis Blues 4 games to 2, and advance to the next round against the Pacific Division Champion Arizona Coyotes. The Canucks lost the first 2 games (despite the return of Tavares in game two) of that series with Luongo allowing 10 goals in those two games. A decision was made to start Eddie Lack in game three. I can only hope that the media does not initiate another goalie controversy!

The change paid immediate dividends as the Canucks, thanks to a Henrik Sedin goal in overtime - won game three, 3-2. Game four resulted in a 3-1 loss and the not so well known Brandon Yip scored in overtime in game five to end Vancouver's season.

Playoff Stats

Playoff Stats - Goalies

Post Season Happenings

Roberto Luongo was the only Canuck to win an award as he was the top goalie in the Save Percentage and Goals Against Average categories. Credit must be given to Lou - he was almost traded (multiple times!) during the pre-season but he managed to avoid getting distracted and he put together an excellent season.

We are confident that in the next 2-4 years, John Tavares and Jamie Benn will ascend to the top line and increased leadership roles within the organization. We also believe that the Sedins' careers can be prolonged as they finish their playing days as 2nd line players. While we are hopeful that we can sign Brendan Dillon to a contract, but we also realize that we may have to trade him during the summer.

Season Synopsis

During the pre-season, the Canucks traded away 10 roster players, or one-half of their potential opening night roster. The media was referring to these transactions as a 'near complete gutting and bringing on a total rebuild.' One lame, white haired sportscaster even suggested that it was time to jump off of the band-wagon. If the media only knew how close we were to trading away Roberto Luongo, Dan Hamhuis and Zach Kassian!

To all of our dedicated and loyal fans - the Vancouver Canucks have no desire to undertake a complete rebuild. We believe that we have executed a perfect re-boot! And while we may only have four draft picks this summer, we have already accumulated an incredible four 1st round picks in 2015. Who wants to see Connor McDavid in a Canucks jersey next year?!?!

Also, I'd like to address the legions of Canuck haters out there - be afraid, be very afraid! Mouhahahaha!

Summer 2014

Our #1 priority is to acquire a first line right winger. We are confident that Zack Kassian will continue to develop into an elite power forward. At this time, we are unsure if Niklas Jensen is capable of taking that next step into becoming a regular NHL player.

Secondary concern is a need to address an overall lack of depth at every position. We are hopeful that we can make some shrewd acquisitions over the summer.

And finally, on a side note - here is one of the more interesting trades made during the season:

Feb 10, 2014
To Colorado: Keith Ballard, 2014 1st round (Minnesota) pick
To Minnesota: Nathan MacKinnon
Bigby Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
Bigby Wolf
Minors (Single A)

Off-Season 2014

June 12

To Chicago: Andre Benoit, J.T. Wyman
To Colorado: Bryan Bickell, rights to Brandon Whitney

June 13

Andre Benoit informs his new team that he wants to explore the market this summer via free agency. Tough lesson learned for Blackhawks management.

June 21 - The Entry Draft

The Winnipeg Jets won the draft lottery and with the first overall pick, they selected forward Sam Reinhart. The Vancouver Canucks picked 25th overall - and after surveying the prospect pool, they decided to trade that pick....

To Pittsburgh: Niklas Jensen, 2014 1st Round Pick (Vancouver), 2014 5th Round Pick (Vancouver)
To Vancouver: James Neal

The Canuck draft picks were:

50th overall, 2nd round pick - Adam Ollas Mattsson (LD) from Sweden
75th overall, 3rd round pick - Aaron Irving (RD) from the WHL
100th overall, 4th round pick - David Honzik (G) from the Czech Republic

The two defenders are expected to resume their junior careers, and the goaltender Honzik is expected to play in Europe. We increased our defensive depth and we were in need of getting a 4th goalie for organizational depth. The real story of the 2014 draft was the acquisition of James Neal. We believe that the quality of our top 9 forwards is amongst the best in the entire league.

June 22

To Ottawa: Artem Anisimov
To Columbus: Colton Orr

To Montreal: Jay Harrison, rights to Mitchell Theoret
To Carolina: Alec Martinez, rights to Dustin Walsh

To New Jersey: Zenon Konopka, 2015 1st Round (Toronto) pick
To Toronto: rights to Nathan MacKinnon, rights to Ilya Sorokin

June 23

Brendan Dillon has had a change of heart, and he's agreed to our previous offer of $25,000,000 over 5 years. We have sent this issue to our legal team, as we believed that our offer had been retracted and officially withdrawn. Needless to say, this $5million cap hit has increased our payroll to above the league maximum salary cap.

June 30

Alex Ovechkin announces his retirement! Alex was obviously dejected from his torn labrum (shoulder) injury that he suffered back on Feb 27, 2014.
Lou Lamoriello agreed to a contract extension with the New Jersey Devils but later on that day, he abruptly decided to retire.
GM's Jim Rutherford and David Poile both decided to retire.
Coach Ken Hitchcock retired as well.

Memo has been received from the ownership group. The objective for the new season is to make the playoffs. I'm extremely confident that this can be done.

July 1

To Edmonton: Niklas Jensen, Matt Murray
To PIttsburgh: Martin Gernat, rights to Frans Tuohimaa

July 4 - Free Agent Signings

After spending the 2013/2014 season in Boston, forward Jarome Iginla signed a 1 year deal, worth $5,810,000, with the Calgary Flames today.
Scott Hannan signs a 1 year, $1,650,000 contract with the Boston Bruins
Anders Lindback signs a 5 year contract worth a total of $7,100,000
Pugilist Frazer McLaren signs a 4 year deal, worth a total of $7,760,000 with the Edmonton Oilers.
37 year old Willie Mitchell signed a 1 year deal worth $2,680,000 with the New Jersey Devils
35 year old Derek Morris signed a 1 year deal worth $2,070,000 with the San Jose Sharks
Lee Stempniak struck gold with a 2 year contract that will pay him $5,530,000 per season.
Joe Vitale signs with Pittsburgh, the deal is over 4 years worth a total of $5,560,000.
The Detroit Red Wings signed Alexei Emelin to a 5 year deal worth $2,010,000 per season.
The Edmonton Oilers signed another tough guy, as they announced that Luke Gazdic will make $1,920,000 per year for the next 4 years.

July 5

Simon Gagne signs with the Nashville Predators, for 2 years worth $5,320,000 per season.
The Flyers sign yet another goaltender - as Jonas Hiller agreed to a 3 year contract worth a total of $17,130,000
Ray Whitney signs with Nashville for 1 year worth $5,470,000.
Alex Steen hits the jackpot! The Washington Capitals signed Steen to a 6 year deal worth $5,7000,000 per season.
Devin Setoguchi signs with Tampa Bay, a 2 year deal worth $11,040,000

July 7

To Vancouver: Danny DeKeyser
To Detroit: Brendan Dillon

It was too bad that things couldn't work out with Mr. Dillon, but this should be a good trade for both teams

Matt Greene signs a 2 year deal with Anaheim, worth $3,780,000 per season.
Nick Bonino signs a 5 year deal with Calgary, worth $5,550,000 per season.
Marcel Goc has agreed on a 4 year deal, worth a total of $11,960,000 with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The New Jersey Devils have agreed on a contract with Brooks Orpik. The 4 year deal is worth $4,910,000 per season.

July 10

Raphael Diaz has agreed to a 4 year, $21,440,000 contract with the very generous Washington Capitals.

July 16

Ron Hainsey signs with the New York Islanders, a 3 year contract worth a total of $8,820,000
Ryan Garbutt signs with the Pittsburgh Penguins, a 1 year deal worth $3,425,000
Brett Connolly signed a 5 year term with Buffalo for a total of $7,100,000
Washington signs Andrew MacDonald to a 5 year deal worth $16,750,000.

The Vancouver Canucks have decided to place Kris Versteeg on the trading list. His 32 goals last season tied him with Daniel Sedin for the team lead but Kris is a 3rd liner who carries a cap hit of $4,700,000 for another two seasons. That contract must be moved.

Pre-Season Developments (September 2014)

To Ottawa: Dougie Hamilton, Bobby Robins, rights to Lars Volden
To Boston: Clarke MacArthur

To Boston: Hampus Lindholm
To Anaheim: Joe Morrow, Justin Florek and 2015 3rd round pick (Boston)

To Vancouver: Craig Adams, rights to Jakob Silfverberg
To Anaheim: Kris Versteeg, rights to Zach Hamill, 2016 4th round pick (Vancouver), 2016 5th round pick (Vancouver)

Funny thing happened after this trade, as we offered Silfverberg a 3 year contract at $2million per season only to realize that his demand was actually $6million a season for 3 years. I guess I need to work on my Swedish language skills. He's a good asset though, I expect that his rights will be easy to trade.

2014/2015 Opening Night Lineup

We have a few players entering the final year of their contracts. Their on ice performances will be closely monitored, and extensions will be offered to any deserving player(s).

The coaching staff has decided to bump the Sedins down to the second line where they will play with Zach Kassian. John Tavares, Jamie Benn and James Neal have been assigned to the top line. Perhaps the most interesting player to watch in the early season games will be Danny DeKeyser, this kid has a lot of potential.

The team's first assessment period will come at the one-quarter point, about 20 games, into the season
Old 04-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #3
Bigby Wolf
Minors (Single A)

June 12

To Chicago: Andre Benoit, J.T. Wyman
To Colorado: Bryan Bickell, rights to Brandon Whitney

June 13

Andre Benoit informs his new team that he wants to explore the market this summer via free agency. Tough lesson learned for Blackhawks management.

June 21 - The Entry Draft

The Winnipeg Jets won the draft lottery and with the first overall pick, they selected forward Sam Reinhart. The Vancouver Canucks picked 25th overall - and after surveying the prospect pool, they decided to trade that pick....

To Pittsburgh: Niklas Jensen, 2014 1st Round Pick (Vancouver), 2014 5th Round Pick (Vancouver)
To Vancouver: James Neal

The Canuck draft picks were:

50th overall, 2nd round pick - Adam Ollas Mattsson (LD) from Sweden
75th overall, 3rd round pick - Aaron Irving (RD) from the WHL
100th overall, 4th round pick - David Honzik (G) from the Czech Republic

The two defenders are expected to resume their junior careers, and the goaltender Honzik is expected to play in Europe. We increased our defensive depth and we were in need of getting a 4th goalie for organizational depth. The real story of the 2014 draft was the acquisition of James Neal. We believe that the quality of our top 9 forwards is amongst the best in the entire league.

June 22
To Ottawa: Artem Anisimov
To Columbus: Colton Orr

To Montreal: Jay Harrison, rights to Mitchell Theoret
To Carolina: Alec Martinez, rights to Dustin Walsh

To New Jersey: Zenon Konopka, 2015 1st Round (Toronto) pick
To Toronto: rights to Nathan MacKinnon, rights to Ilya Sorokin

June 23

Brendan Dillon has had a change of heart, and he's agreed to our previous offer of $25,000,000 over 5 years. We have sent this issue to our legal team, as we believed that our offer had been retracted and officially withdrawn. Needless to say, this $5million cap hit has increased our payroll to above the league maximum salary cap.

June 30

Alex Ovechkin announces his retirement! Alex was obviously dejected from his torn labrum (shoulder) injury that he suffered back on Feb 27, 2014.
Lou Lamoriello agreed to a contract extension with the New Jersey Devils but later on that day, he abruptly decided to retire.
GM's Jim Rutherford and David Poile both decided to retire.
Coach Ken Hitchcock retired as well.

Memo has been received from the ownership group. The objective for the new season is to make the playoffs. I'm extremely confident that this can be done.

July 1

To Edmonton: Niklas Jensen, Matt Murray
To PIttsburgh: Martin Gernat, rights to Frans Tuohimaa

July 4

After spending the 2013/2014 season in Boston, forward Jarome Iginla signed a 1 year deal, worth $5,810,000, with the Calgary Flames today.
Scott Hannan signs a 1 year, $1,650,000 contract with the Boston Bruins
Anders Lindback signs a 5 year contract worth a total of $7,100,000
Pugilist Frazer McLaren signs a 4 year deal, worth a total of $7,760,000 with the Edmonton Oilers.
37 year old Willie Mitchell signed a 1 year deal worth $2,680,000 with the New Jersey Devils
35 year old Derek Morris signed a 1 year deal worth $2,070,000 with the San Jose Sharks
Lee Stempniak struck gold with a 2 year contract that will pay him $5,530,000 per season.
Joe Vitale signs with Pittsburgh, the deal is over 4 years worth a total of $5,560,000.
The Detroit Red Wings signed Alexei Emelin to a 5 year deal worth $2,010,000 per season.
The Edmonton Oilers signed another tough guy, as they announced that Luke Gazdic will make $1,920,000 per year for the next 4 years.

July 5

Simon Gagne signs with the Nashville Predators, for 2 years worth $5,320,000 per season.
The Flyers sign yet another goaltender - as Jonas Hiller agreed to a 3 year contract worth a total of $17,130,000
Ray Whitney signs with Nashville for 1 year worth $5,470,000.
Alex Steen hits the jackpot! The Washington Capitals signed Steen to a 6 year deal worth $5,7000,000 per season.
Devin Setoguchi signs with Tampa Bay, a 2 year deal worth $11,040,000

July 7

To Vancouver: Danny DeKeyser
To Detroit: Brendan Dillon

Matt Greene signs a 2 year deal with Anaheim, worth $3,780,000 per season.
Nick Bonino signs a 5 year deal with Calgary, worth $5,550,000 per season.
Marcel Goc has agreed on a 4 year deal, worth a total of $11,960,000 with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The New Jersey Devils have agreed on a contract with Brooks Orpik. The 4 year deal is worth $4,910,000 per season.

July 10

Raphael Diaz has agreed to a 4 year, $21,440,000 contract with the very generous Washington Capitals.

July 16

Ron Hainsey signs with the New York Islanders, a 3 year contract worth a total of $8,820,000
Ryan Garbutt signs with the Pittsburgh Penguins, a 1 year deal worth $3,425,000
Brett Connolly signed a 5 year term with Buffalo for a total of $7,100,000
Washington signs Andrew MacDonald to a 5 year deal worth $16,750,000.

The Vancouver Canucks have decided to place Kris Versteeg on the trading list. His 32 goals last season tied him with Daniel Sedin for the team lead but Kris is a 3rd liner who carries a cap hit of $4,700,000 for another two seasons. That contract must be moved.

Pre-Season Developments (September 2014)

To Ottawa: Dougie Hamilton, Bobby Robins, rights to Lars Volden
To Boston: Clarke MacArthur

To Boston: Hampus Lindholm
To Anaheim: Joe Morrow, Justin Florek and 2015 3rd round pick (Boston)

To Vancouver: Craig Adams, rights to Jakob Silfverberg
To Anaheim: Kris Versteeg, rights to Zach Hamill, 2016 4th round pick (Vancouver), 2016 5th round pick (Vancouver)

Funny thing happened after this trade, as we offered Silfverberg a 3 year contract at $2million per season only to realize that his demand was actually $6million a season for 3 years. He's a good asset though, I expect that his rights will be easy to trade.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #4
Bigby Wolf
Minors (Single A)

Season Two - First Quarter 2014-2015

The Canucks raced out of the gates with a 7-2-1 record. Unfortunately, they struggled to a 3-6-1 record over the next 10 games. Goals against has become a problem, as the Canucks currently rank 27th in that category. Roberto Luongo has been bad and the backup, Eddie Lack has been awful.

New additions - Jamie Benn and James Neal, started fast but have since entered Slumpland. Benn has been dropped to the 2nd line and Hunter Shinkaruk (who was called up for the injured Daniel Sedin) will play on the top line. Shinkurak has put up 2g and 2a in his first 6 games. Additionally, Chris Tanev is a team worst -7. For now, James Neal will remain on the 1st line - and management acknowledges that we have been receiving phone calls from interested teams...

The Coach's Doghouse

James Neal - 'We want Nik back' chants are gaining momentum
Chris Tanev - turnovers have become a problem
Jamie Benn - 1 point in last 8 games isn't good enough

Some Performance Pics

Notable Injuries Around the League

Alex Tanguay - Colorado, torn rib cage - out for 3 months
Jason Spezza - Ottawa, bruised spinal cord - out for 3 weeks
Henrik Lundqvist - Rangers, bruised spinal cord - out for 3 weeks
James van Riemsdyk - Toronto, torn ankle ligaments - out for 4 weeks
Ryan Suter - Minnesota, sprained his thumb during practise - out for 4 weeks
Tuukka Rask - Boston, cut hand - out for 4 weeks
Daniel Sedin - Vancouver, strained groin muscle - out for 3 weeks
Kyle Okposo - Islanders, partially torn labrum - out for 5 months

Notable Trades Around the League

To Toronto: Darnell Nurse
To Edmonto: Zach Yuen

To Calgary: Keegan Iverson. Alex Bolduc
To St. Louis: Sven Baertchi

Last edited by Bigby Wolf; 04-13-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
Big T
Hall Of Famer

A good read.... Goaltending an issue this season?
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #6
pucku33
Major Leagues

You know Vancouver is in trouble when you trade rape a bunch of teams, force a player to stay with you manually and STILL can't make conference finals!

I kid, I kid.. good luck man.
pucku33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #7
Bigby Wolf
Minors (Single A)

Season Two - Second Quarter 2014-2105

The team went on an impressive 15-4-2 run during the second quarter. James Neal seems to have found his groove as he put up a very impressive 25 points in 21 games. Another feel good moment was the much improved play of Jamie Benn, as he recorded 19 points over the last 21 games. Jason Garrison continues to pile on the points as he had 17 points over the last 21 games.

Roberto Luongo started 19 games during the quarter and he rolled out a 13-2-4 record. Roberto's GAA dropped a little bit and his save percentage increased slightly as well. Overall, his numbers are still weak. Eddie Lack's play has continued to disappoint as he gave up 13 goals in his two starts.

Management is working on possibly shoring up the defence via a trade. We thought we had acquired Hampus Lindholm from Boston (for Ryan Stanton and the rights to Jakob Silfverberg but for some reason the trade hasn't been processed by the league office yet...

The Coach's Doghouse

Eddie Lack - it can't get any worse, right?!

Some Performance Pics

Notable Injuries Around the League

Mike Ribeiro - Phoenix, torn elbow ligament - out for at least 11 months
Logan Couture - San Jose, fractured rib - out for 4 weeks
Claude Giroux - Philadelphia, bruised wrist - out for 3 weeks
Phil Kessel - Toronto, elbow tendinitis - out for 3 weeks
Devon Setoguchi - Tampa Bay, torn posterior cruciate ligament - out 9 months
Jonathan Toews - Chicago, triceps tendinitis - out 4 months
Tomas Hertl - San Jose, sprained ankle - out 3 weeks
Duncan Keith - Chicago, strained posterior cruciate ligament - out 3 weeks

Notable Trades around the League

To Boston: 2015, 4th Round (Boston) Pick
To Philadelphia: Marc Savard
Old 04-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #8
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Marc Savard as in the concussed Marc Savard who has not played since 2011?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #9
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

Seems like that point getting rate will be hard to sustain given your goal differential. Any thoughts on why your Save% are so bad? Tried tweaking tactics at all?
Sebmono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #10
Garethw87

Don't forget to download the logo pack! Makes the game look so much better.

Go Arizona!
Old 04-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #11
Bigby Wolf
Minors (Single A)

Yes - that Marc Savard!

His profile says that he's out with Post-Concussion Syndrome for another 226 months. Given that I'm about a year and a half into my dynasty, I suspect that the developers gave Savard an initial recovery time of 240 months, or 20 years!

Logo Pack has been downloaded and installed. Future pics will look much better now! Sorry for being lazy

As for my tactics, yes I am constantly tweaking them. I've tried to ensure that my top two lines are offensively oriented. I admit, that I initially didn't pay a lot of attention to the 'giveaways' stat but since I started tracking it in season 2, I'm noticing a disturbing trend in where only 6 players on my roster have more takeaways than giveaways. Furthermore, all 7 of my defenders have more giveaways than takeaways. Turnovers appear to be a problem!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #12
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Wow... I guess since Eric Lindros retired they needed someone on their payroll who was as prone to concussions as he was.. a 5th round pick. YEESH

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:52 PM   #13
Bigby Wolf
Minors (Single A)

Third Quarter 2014/2015

A terrible performance during this stretch of games has forced the hand of GM Bigby Wolf, as several core players of the Canucks organization have been traded. With a record of 6-11-2, there was plenty of blame to go around.

Let's start off with the coach's decision to implement 'man to man' coverage in the defensive zone. The bull-headed coach employed this stupid tactic for what turned out to be 7 (looong) games in which the Canucks stumbled to a 2-5 record, while conceding a whopping 32 goals! 32 goals against in 7 games!

Jan 5, 2015

After a humilating 8-3 loss in Colorado, the Coach was quoted as saying that the team needs more time to adjust to the new system and that perhaps the fans and media should temper their expectations for this season. GM Bigby Wolf immediately fired The Coach and was quoted, "This isn't Manchester United, what kind of team allows a coach to speak like that?! Playing man to man defense in hockey - that Coach has been eating too many retard sandwiches!"

Jan 19, 2015

The General Manager called backup goalie Eddie Lack into his office. As the young goalie strolled into the room, GM Wolf motioned for him to sit down by his desk. There was a single sheet of paper laying on the desk in front of Eddie....he picked up the paper....

"You're a good young goalie but your numbers are absolutely brutal this season. I can't wait for you to turn it around. Sorry, but you've just been traded to Anaheim. On your way out, tell Tanev that he's off to Anaheim as well." stated a cold-hearted Wolf, and then mumbled to himself, "I guess I should send Silfverberg an email...."

To Anaheim: Eddie Lack, Chris Tanev, rights to Jakob Silfverberg
To Vancouver: John GIbson, Francois Beauchemin

Roberto Luongo, Dan Hamhuis, Jason Garrison and Henrik Tommernes were also placed on the Trade List. Wolf has identified several defensive deficiencies and goaltending to be the main weaknesses in this team.

Jan 20, 2015

Vancouver 4 Edmonton 2

Hamhuis was the first star, Garrsion was the third star of the game. Luongo saved 25 of 27 shots to pick up the win. During the post game scrum, a media member asked GM/Coach Wolf if Hamhuis, Garrison and Luongo could play their way off the Trade List. The answer they received was, 'not a chance.'

Jan 22, 2015

GM Wolf received a phone call today....and then lit a cigar. Why can't all trades be this lopsided?!

To Montreal: Henrik Tommernes
To Vancouver: 2016 1st Round (Montreal) pick

The Canucks then went on to lose seven straight games (two via shootout). With fans becoming increasingly vocal, 'Fire Wolf' chants were gaining momentum....

Feb 3, 2015

To Columbus: Dan Hamhuis, Dale Weise, 2015 1st Round (Vancouver) pick, 2017 6th Round (Vancouver) pick, 2017 7th Round (Vancouver) pick
To Vancouver: Jack Johnson, Boone Jenner

Feb 5, 2015

To Colorado: Jason Garrison, Ryan Stanton, Alex Friesen
To Vancouver: Erik Johnson

Feb 28, 2015

With the trade deadline passed, the Canucks were unable to trade starting goaltender Roberto Luongo. GM Wolf has promised Luongo that he will be dealt in the off-season. It would be juvenile, cruel and just plain stupid to break such a promise. In return, we hope that Luongo remains professional for the remainder of this season.

With all of the recent trades that were made, GM Wolf is adamantly declaring that his defence got more skilled and a bit younger as well. "The key to success in today's game is puck possession - if we can control the puck more, then we can play an up-tempo game. Our forwards already have this ability and I believe the defenders that we've brought in, are an improvement in what we've had in the past."

We managed to clear about a million dollars of cap space. That extra cap space will (hopefully) be used to secure pending RFA Dany DeKeyser. The team has also snapped that seven game losing streak, with back to back wins, before losing a 7-5 shootout to the Rangers. For now, the fans seem curious on how this revamped lineup performs down the stretch.

It was a real rough stretch for the Sedin/Sedin/Kassian line. Not only did their point production come to a grinding halt but their defensive play blew up as well. Hank was a -16 during this last stretch of games. And everyone knows that as Hank goes - so goes Daniel (and to a lesser extent, Kassian).

Despite the recent struggles, the team should still make the playoffs. GM Wolf's job depends on it!

Last edited by Bigby Wolf; 04-28-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #14
Bigby Wolf
Minors (Single A)

4th Quarter 2014-2015

The Canucks dropped their last three games of the season to close out the 4th quarter with a 9-11-2 record. Overall, the team managed to decrease their total goal difference from -17 to -11, much of that was due to the play of rookie goalie John Gibson. The team seemed to play sound defensive hockey with Gibson in net. When the veteran Luongo played, the team scored goals in bunches and most of those games were wild, high scoring affairs.

A 4 week injury to James Neal opened the door for rookie Hunter Shinkurak to get top 6 minutes and the rookie played well. Another late season injury to John Tavares gave Brendan Gaunce a chance at top 6 minutes but this rookie was unable to seize the opportunity that was presented to him.

The Canucks finished 7th in their conference so they faced the 2nd seeded Anaheim Ducks in the first round of the playoffs. After the rookie Gibson looked shaky in a 5-3 loss in game one, Luongo managed to get the Canucks into game six, with a 3-2 lead in the series despite being badly outshot in four of the five games that he started. Game 6 was a 6-3 loss for the Canucks, and Anaheim scored two late goals in the third period of game seven to earn another 6-3 victory, to eliminate Vancouver from the playoffs.

The Colorado Avalanche beat the Toronto Maple Leafs in seven games to win the Stanley Cup. Matt Duchene scored a whopping 18 goals in 25 games. James van Riemsdyk had 16 goals in 22 games while Phil Kessel scored 16 goals in only 18 games.

Looking back on the season, Vancouver finished:

- 2nd most goals scored in the league (271)
- 2nd most assists scored in the league (472)
- 5th in most takeaways
- 5th in short handed goals scored
- 6th in total hits
- 12th most shots in the league with 31.78 shots per game
- 18th in power play success rate
- 29th in giveaways
- 29th in man days lost to injuries
- 30th in goals against with 282 goals allowed

League Leaders

Old 06-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #15
Bigby Wolf
Minors (Single A)

Off Season Game Plan

Roberto Luongo will be traded, and the hope is to bring in a veteran goalie with a Stanley Cup ring. Management feels that most of the defensive deficiencies have been addressed with the overhaul of the defensemen during the season. Luongo's off-season and Eddie Lack's early season struggles definitely contributed to the bloated goals against stats.

Offensively, the team finished with five players reaching the 20 goal plateau and ten players reached the 40 point level. The team has balanced scoring, although improvements can be made to help out the power play.

Andrew Cogliano and Craig Adams are due to become unrestricted free agents and Dany DeKeyser and Frankie Corrado will be restricted free agents. The team would like to re-sign Cogliano, DeKeyser and Corrado to new contracts.

On defence, the top 4 returnees will be Johnson and Johnson, along with Kevin Bieksa and Francois Beachemin. Corrado could probably use more time to develop. Assuming that the Canucks can re-sign DeKeyser, there's still a need for another defenseman. The blueliner prospect cupboard is rather bare, with only Jordan Subban, 2014 2nd round pick Adam Mattsson and 2014 3rd round pick Aaron Irving to choose from.

Amongst the forwards, the only two players not signed for next season are Andrew Cogliano and Craig Adams. The other 10 forwards will be back and room must be made for Hunter Shinkaruk to assume at least a 4th line role. Given the balanced scoring that the Canucks had last season, management is thinking of perhaps upgrading by acquiring one of four 50 goal scorers from last season, perhaps James Neal and his 36 goal season will become trade bait.

Like the other positions in the organization, the forward prospect pool is very thin. Bo Horvat will likely start the season on the farm team as will fellow junior graduates, Cole Cassels. Shinkaruk and Gaunce should stick with the parent club.

-----------

I've decided to update the game to the newest version (1.6.19). I'm currently about to partake in the 2015 draft. Hopefully I'll be able to continue with this saved game!
Old 06-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #16
Bigby Wolf
Minors (Single A)

Well unfortunately, this saved game now crashes on me as it progresses from June 30 to July 1. Looks like I should have updated the game after July 1.

Oh well, thanks to all for reading and I'll be back soon with a New York Islanders dynasty!