Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
karnage420
Bat Boy

help

yikes, this game is still unplayable.

let me tell you how my experience has been so far.

Im trying to play a regular season with the penguins (chose them randomly)

I put in my name and everything, sign some new assistant coaches and scouts (tedious as ****.)

Im all set, the team looks just like it does at the moment, this makes me happy.

I look at the player ratings, all seems to make sense. a few of them dont at all. Paul Martin a 7.5? Vokoun a 6? as a fan of hockey i can confidently say Paul Martin might be the best 2 way dmen in the world. Luckily i can change this using the ability editor. Very cool.

Preseason starts up...not really sure what the point of it is. Do i call up the young kids from the AHL and ECHL? sure, why not - i remember in EHM it helped a bit with their training and gave you a full depth chart and review of each player at camp.

No such thing in this game. instead by the time the regular season rolls around the computer has signed all these randoms in the AHL and ECHL levels (im guessing it assumes it has to fill these slots, which is fine. BUT now my rookies get no playing time).

whatever, lesson learned, training camp doesnt exist and moving players up for "camp" just makes them mad when they are sent back down.

Here comes the realllllly stupid part. The part that i couldnt get past.

Oct 3rd (or 7th i forget) rolls around, and it says im over the cap. which is correct - according to capgeek.com the penguins are currently 1m over the cap. however ingame it claims im 4m over the cap. with the exact same roster.

why?

the ONE thing that should be a core mechanic in this game is the salary cap...and its completely wrong? good lord...

no problem tho, i'll just edit the league and modify the salary cap so it's 4-5m more than it is currently.

BUT NO, SUDDENLY THE EDIT LEAGUE/GAME/WHATEVER FUNCTION IS ****ING GONE...why!?

I didnt bother playing again, not a fan of a non-authentic experience (and no, i wont buy out a 5m dollar player just to play the game, this should be a realistic GM experience.)

overall im not at all pleased with this game. its cumbersome and incredibly unpolished.

looking forward to more patches, but for ****s sake - focus on the basics here. all teams should reflect their current capgeek values. shouldnt be that difficult.

Yes i realize im an asshole, but i feel like the framework is all there and im a paying customer.

i also realize ive listed many complaints. Im happy to return and answer and questions if the devs want to improve their product.

thanks for reading!
looking forward to future iterations.
karnage420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
tward13
All Star Starter

It is interesting to see the various items that send people over the edge.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #3
Anton
Minors (Double A)

As a fan of hockey, I can confidently say that this post loses all credibility when you say Paul Martin might be the best 2 way dman in the world.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #4
Mafarfloune
Minors (Single A)

And I think he sucks in more than two ways.
Mafarfloune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #5
karnage420
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
It is interesting to see the various items that send people over the edge.
it amazes you that not having an authentic salary cap mechanic in a hockey simulator "sends me over the edge"?

wat.
karnage420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #6
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
As a fan of hockey, I can confidently say that this post loses all credibility when you say Paul Martin might be the best 2 way dman in the world.
This. Sorry OP, you lost any credibility with that statement. And I'm a Paul Martin and Penguins fan.

BTW, cap hit issues were sorted out, to the best of my knowledge, in the latest patch. There are still some issues with salaries of some players, but they're data related and will be handled in due time.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Paul Martin... Lol!!!!!

Ohhhh myyyyy lawwwwwd! I can't take you seriously after that statement.
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #8
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnage420 View Post
it amazes you that not having an authentic salary cap mechanic in a hockey simulator "sends me over the edge"?

wat.
Yes it does. Minor data issues are far from the biggest issue at the moment, I think. But, as I said, everyone has different tipping points. Just interesting to see where they are.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote