Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:01 PM   #541
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Checked the AH before heading out to work this morning and was happy to see a 95 Peavy at just 25K BIN after a comparable 92 Street sold for 33K overnight. Snapped him up to finish off the Padres, fresh Hoffman is on the auction house right now. If he doesn't sell I may just keep him for a while since he's pretty similar to the top perfect CL like Lee Smith.

Looking for the 90 Averill (isn't everyone) and 90 Seybold (never seen before) to finish off the Indians and Athletics now. I don't think any other mission collections are worth doing since there are either too many cards required or the rewards are complete junk like the Cubs/Reds, but I've been buying up every diamond I can during this pack sale that is under 10K for the teams that haven't been released yet.
I love how OOTP PT is basically "auction house simulator" for you. Interesting to see what the draw is for different people.

Quote:
same, unfortunately the lack of defense probably would make it close to unplayable

already having 94 and 99 ruth locked should make at least one mission easy
Then again, the defensive ratings are very approximate to put it quite charitably. I could see an early career Jeter having passable or even good defense.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:41 PM   #542
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Then again, the defensive ratings are very approximate to put it quite charitably. I could see an early career Jeter having passable or even good defense.
Or both, as a passable SS can become good enough for 2B

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:51 PM   #543
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Others have OCD about mint cards, mine is that I will only start a player at the position listed on the card
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:00 PM   #544
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Others have OCD about mint cards, mine is that I will only start a player at the position listed on the card

I am so glad I have absolutely no OCD on ANYTHING.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:20 PM   #545
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

My heart felt the same way seeing this as when I proposed
Attached Images
Old 10-04-2019, 07:40 PM   #546
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
I hope you and Earl have a long and happy life together. Where are y'all registered?

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:40 PM   #547
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Haven't updated in awhile so I've got 3 to talk about.

The Missouri Legends got some much needed help on discord for the last guy for the Royals collection. They brought in Grienke and finished the collection. This means they've got LoCain, Wade Davis and Saberhagen now. Dont have the math on the collection value though because I've had most of the cards for such a long time.

Big update though, my main team completed the CWS Collection. Diamond packs weren't great. Live McNeil and ASG Grienke. I did buy Johnny Rigney and Ted Lyons over L7, both near 45k. However, I am using Rigney as a long reliever so that's at least a positive. If I sell all the rewards including Walsh and Appling, it would generate a profit of 229,128. I am however, keeping those two, so I still got them at a significant discount.

Defenders also completed Minnesota Twins/Senators collection for Johan Santana. Diamond pack netted a live Kirby Yates so okay value. If I sell everyone, it would net a value of 92,310 points.

Both of these calculations don't include tax for sales, because I've just been too lazy to update my excel formulas. Either way they were good values. Also, I did find some good deals through some kind people on discord which likely saved about 10k on the Twins collection, and about 5k on the CWS.

Late Edit: Just completed Hit Parade for 42k, so I got 90 Ichiro for 42k. I did already have Lefty O'Doul locked, so that saved 10k. I also had Ashburn and Boggs for quite a while, so you could probably add 6k to their prices now. I assumed 8k for Ashburn and 10k for Boggs. I think AH is close to 12k and 12k respectively. However, this is another good value one that I might recommend.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team

Last edited by Maxfire5; 10-04-2019 at 11:03 PM.
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 12:12 PM   #548
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I had a look back on my spreadsheet. I got Earl for 5,500 back on July 16 when I was hoarding Indians cards and not telling anyone because I was SURE the Indians would be in the next set of Collection Missions because the guys were all talking about how much fun they had in Cleveland during the All-Star Game.

So yeah, 8,800 is pretty damn good.

Now, can you track down the seller and convince them to list a Kluber or Ramirez for me? I'm not greedy, I'll take a 12K Buy it Now...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:09 AM   #549
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

I decided to focus some energy on Future Legends this past week given Junior's generally high AH value and the not exorbitant price on most FLs. I'm pretty close to getting it completed, but am curious whether folks actually hold on to Junior, and if so, what his performance looks like. My current outfield starters are Turkey Stearnes (a really undervalued consistent performer), perfect Mays, and perfect DiMaggio. With SE 99 Rickey and 99 Oscar Charleston as my backups. I think I'd rather have the points from selling Junior, but would love to hear from anyone who actually uses Junior. Thanks!

brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:18 PM   #550
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrdt1 View Post
I decided to focus some energy on Future Legends this past week given Junior's generally high AH value and the not exorbitant price on most FLs. I'm pretty close to getting it completed, but am curious whether folks actually hold on to Junior, and if so, what his performance looks like. My current outfield starters are Turkey Stearnes (a really undervalued consistent performer), perfect Mays, and perfect DiMaggio. With SE 99 Rickey and 99 Oscar Charleston as my backups. I think I'd rather have the points from selling Junior, but would love to hear from anyone who actually uses Junior. Thanks!
I don't have him, but 3 of the top teams in my league do and I've pulled some screenshots for you to look at (hopefully not too small).

I didn't screenshot the defense, but it's very good as you might expect for his 117/98/102 LF/CF/RF.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 10-06-2019, 07:31 PM   #551
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I don't have him, but 3 of the top teams in my league do and I've pulled some screenshots for you to look at (hopefully not too small).

I didn't screenshot the defense, but it's very good as you might expect for his 117/98/102 LF/CF/RF.
Super helpful! Thanks. Definitely looks like he's worth trying out.

Old 10-06-2019, 10:28 PM   #552
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrdt1 View Post
Super helpful! Thanks. Definitely looks like he's worth trying out.
Especially since he barely fetches more than 200K after tax these days.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:48 PM   #553
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

it looks like the future legends would cost about 175K to finish. not really worth it for me since none of them are useful in other missions

didnt griffey go for like 800K at first? thats a good sell into the hype
Old 10-07-2019, 09:50 AM   #554
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Patience pays off - I had many opportunities to pick up 90 OVR Vladimir Guerrero pere to complete the Expos collection - but I wanted to get 97 OVR Pedro because (a) the Mineurs could use an upgrade at starter, and (b) the overall reward is 98 OVR Vladdy Daddy, so why would I want to buy a 90 card I'd never use that would get immediately locked?

Finally, this morning, 97 Pedro showed back up, and at a lower price than the time he showed up previously and I didn't have enough cash.

So now the Expos missions are complete and the Mineurs can start to focus on the Blue Jays ones.

Also, with Pedro and Vladdy Big Daddy, they are making a strong run at Gold this season. Mark my words.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 10-07-2019, 10:08 AM   #555
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Patience pays off - I had many opportunities to pick up 90 OVR Vladimir Guerrero pere to complete the Expos collection - but I wanted to get 97 OVR Pedro because (a) the Mineurs could use an upgrade at starter, and (b) the overall reward is 98 OVR Vladdy Daddy, so why would I want to buy a 90 card I'd never use that would get immediately locked?

Finally, this morning, 97 Pedro showed back up, and at a lower price than the time he showed up previously and I didn't have enough cash.

So now the Expos missions are complete and the Mineurs can start to focus on the Blue Jays ones.

Also, with Pedro and Vladdy Big Daddy, they are making a strong run at Gold this season. Mark my words.
That was my Pedro. You're welcome!

Old 10-07-2019, 10:37 AM   #556
bailey
Hall Of Famer

So who did you get with the free Diamond pack from the Montreal mission?

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:48 AM   #557
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
So who did you get with the free Diamond pack from the Montreal mission?
The sex pest.

That's the second time I've gotten him since the Diamond pack sale. Five Iron cards and Vazquez. Twice.

This Diamond sale has not been good to me.

SPTT team

Old 10-07-2019, 12:00 PM   #558
dbqs
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
The sex pest.

That's the second time I've gotten him since the Diamond pack sale. Five Iron cards and Vazquez. Twice.

This Diamond sale has not been good to me.
Yikes! I did the same as you with waiting for the 97 Pedro. Totally worth it. He's been perfectly serviceable in my rotation as well.

I completed the original Cursebreakers mission and got a 92 Jay Bell in the diamond pack. Interesting card I hadn't even seen before lol. See how he works out. Just happy I finally had a non-live card pulled from a DP.

dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:30 PM   #559
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Opened my first diamond pack and got Buddy Bell. Last 7-day is 15K so I just about broke even. lol

I don't really have the stomach for packs priced this high so I think I'll stop there. Just glad it wasn't a LIVE diamond.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:18 PM   #560
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbqs View Post
Yikes! I did the same as you with waiting for the 97 Pedro. Totally worth it. He's been perfectly serviceable in my rotation as well.

I completed the original Cursebreakers mission and got a 92 Jay Bell in the diamond pack. Interesting card I hadn't even seen before lol. See how he works out. Just happy I finally had a non-live card pulled from a DP.
My son has Jay Bell as his shortstop. Has been a very good player for him.

SPTT team