Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:05 PM   #4221
Charlatan
All Star Starter

G338 Final Playoffs Update

The Blitzkreig Boppers are representing the OL in the Gold Series. Good luck to them!

There will be no more OL games in G338.
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:53 AM   #4222
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

The S287 Silver Level Series goes down to the wire ... we already led 3-games-to-none
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:28 AM   #4223
Magus978
All Star Starter

Blitzkrieg Boppers go back to back, winning silver last week and now winning gold tonight in 6 games over tough non-OL opposition.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:06 AM   #4224
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Congrats to the Harlem Hatchets for their first Perfect Title! They are only the 3rd OL team to claim a title. They also join the Quantum Condors as teams to sweep their way through the Perfect World Series.

It just goes to show how important top end postseason pitching is to the success of a team. The Hatchets have a very impressive rotation including the likes of perfect Walter Johnson (500k PP!), perfect Nolan Ryan, and a pitching staff probably costing at least 700k PP which helped carry their victory in this postseason. How good was their rotation? Here's a list of all their postseason games:

2-0 (Waffletown game 163)
2-3, 2-1, 5-4, 6-4 (Divisional series against the Washington Senators)
3-5, 10-0, 5-3, 0-5, 3-0, 12-3 (CS against Southern Southpaws)
3-2, 3-0, 2-1, 2-0 (WS sweep against Cigar City Lagers)

It was a truly improbable run, considering that the Hatchets had to win a 1-game playoff against Waffletown to even make the playoffs in the first place. Congratulations!
Attached Images

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 08-12-2019 at 04:08 AM.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:44 AM   #4225
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

2039 Perfect league:
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:01 AM   #4226
Charlatan
All Star Starter

2039 Placement Results

We get a 96% mark this year. 73 of the 76 (!!!) OL teams made it into OL leagues. Three teams did not make it:

Diamond - SoDoMojo - Seattle Pilots
Bronze - Boomcoach - Bluffton Boomerangs
Bronze - Railsplitter - Seattle Rainiers

Sorry guys

If you're in the list above make sure your league placement setting is correct. Everyone else please double check on Sundays to make sure you've friended everyone in your league.

Last edited by Charlatan; 08-12-2019 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:17 AM   #4227
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Here's the setup for D388. Looks like a good distribution, with 2 or 3 teams in each division, 7 in the AC and 8 in the NC.
Attached Images
Old 08-12-2019, 08:25 AM   #4228
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
Congrats to the Harlem Hatchets for their first Perfect Title! They are only the 3rd OL team to claim a title. They also join the Quantum Condors as teams to sweep their way through the Perfect World Series.

It just goes to show how important top end postseason pitching is to the success of a team. The Hatchets have a very impressive rotation including the likes of perfect Walter Johnson (500k PP!), perfect Nolan Ryan, and a pitching staff probably costing at least 700k PP which helped carry their victory in this postseason. How good was their rotation? Here's a list of all their postseason games:

2-0 (Waffletown game 163)
2-3, 2-1, 5-4, 6-4 (Divisional series against the Washington Senators)
3-5, 10-0, 5-3, 0-5, 3-0, 12-3 (CS against Southern Southpaws)
3-2, 3-0, 2-1, 2-0 (WS sweep against Cigar City Lagers)

It was a truly improbable run, considering that the Hatchets had to win a 1-game playoff against Waffletown to even make the playoffs in the first place. Congratulations!
I'll add...tied for 14th best record in the league during the regular season. Seems like I rarely see the best regular season team do well in the playoffs.

As for the pitching - very few of the staff was acquired through the Auction House. Most were out of packs, including Johnson and Papelbon.

But I *was* watching Cinderella last night during the WS.

Last edited by revmcgator; 08-12-2019 at 08:58 AM.
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:40 AM   #4229
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
We get a 96% mark this year. 73 of the 76 (!!!) OL teams made it into OL leagues. Three teams did not make it:

Diamond - SoDoMojo - Seattle Pilots
Bronze - Boomcoach - Bluffton Boomerangs
Bronze - Railsplitter - Seattle Rainiers

Sorry guys

If you're in the list above make sure your league placement setting is correct. Everyone else please double check on Sundays to make sure you've friended everyone in your league.

Really odd on Seattle given they were in Bronze last week with many returning teams this week. I know my Everett team has both the Rainers and Bluffton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:10 AM   #4230
Kushiel
All Star Starter

The Rockin' Robins won the Bronze League title and placed the trophy in the Our League trophy case.

Kushiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:20 PM   #4231
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
The S287 Silver Level Series goes down to the wire ... we already led 3-games-to-none
I don't know (yet) how it ended, but what I know is that we won it all

that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:26 PM   #4232
Charlatan
All Star Starter

My Motown team got a windfall of PP, selling the 91 OVR Hank Aaron for a boatload of PP. Now the question is this: how should I best spend this PP?

Buy one amazing player?
Buy two really good players?
Upgrade a bunch of players?
Blow it all on packs?

Aside from specific players, what do you think a good strategy for spending the windfall is? This is more PP than I'll ever see at one time again, so whatever I do, I only get to do it once!

Motown is in Diamond and is doing ok there - hovering around the 80-88 win range. One of the issues that makes upgrading more difficult is that the team theme is players between 1959 and 1988 so the choice of players is limited (though there are still a number of excellent choices). I'm in no rush, but I'm really trying to figure out the best way to use the PP.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #4233
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
My Motown team got a windfall of PP, selling the 91 OVR Hank Aaron for a boatload of PP. Now the question is this: how should I best spend this PP?

Buy one amazing player?
Blow it all on packs?

Aside from specific players, what do you think a good strategy for spending the windfall is? This is more PP than I'll ever see at one time again, so whatever I do, I only get to do it once!

Motown is in Diamond and is doing ok there - hovering around the 80-88 win range. One of the issues that makes upgrading more difficult is that the team theme is players between 1959 and 1988 so the choice of players is limited (though there are still a number of excellent choices). I'm in no rush, but I'm really trying to figure out the best way to use the PP.
I would say one amazing player. Definitely not packs.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:00 PM   #4234
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:

Buy one amazing player?
Blow it all on packs?

I have - and had - the same question. Got a bunch of PP selling Future Legend Vlad Jr. Ended up spending a bunch on 100 Nolan Ryan. He helped get Harlem the championship.

However, I still have a bunch of PP. I'm leaning towards a good offensive player to help my weak-hitting club, though my bullpen is suspect. (Not as bad as the current Braves' dumpster fire, but scary for Perfect League.)

On the other hand, the Iron League Bears have a bunch of saved PP, and the needs are much broader, so I'm thinking of going with minor upgrades all around.

Bottom line...I'm interested in the experiences of everyone else.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:18 PM   #4235
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Buy one amazing player?
Blow it all on packs?

I think how you spend depends on how good your team is. If you have a couple burning positions of need, like a couple daily starters who are posting close to zero or even negative WAR every year, they gotta go. In general, if you have 3 bad players on your team, it's better to spend 10k on 3 good players each than to spend 30k on one excellent player.

I think those amounts are basically a good rule of thumb. Once you're at Perfect your starters should generally cost between 5-15k, depending on the position (starting pitchers might cost closer to 20k a la Greg Maddux, and defensive positions like SS for Cronin/Boudreau/Pesky or whoever will cost more than a LF, etc.).

When you're at that level of everyone basically being competent, then you can start to upgrade positions of need into all-star players. Picking up that 30-40k starting pitcher is never a bad option since you ALWAYS need better starting pitching. You also probably need a good CF, SS, and 2B, so spending there is a good idea, etc. If you're not platooning, spending some to make sure that you are can also be much more cost effective than buying a 40k player as well.

I don't actually know how much 91 Hank sells for, but imo that's the idea: Spend to get the ~10k level first, then spend to get the ~30k-40k level, then if your team is truly stacked you can blow 70k on a true superstar.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:31 PM   #4236
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Buy one amazing player?
Blow it all on packs?

identify your weak spots (someone in the bullpen blowing games? Got a starter not pulling their weight anymore? Batter not hacking it at the plate? Someone in the field costing more runs than they produce?) and hone in on an upgrade for the worst offender....

with the narrow focus of years (not to mention the low percentage chance you'd even get a historical card from a pack, much less one in your year range and the right player/OVR) it basically forces you to the AH... just gotta be patient and wait for the right player

I typically have a wish-list of players and wait for them to show in the AH (and hope I have enough points for them when they do)
Old 08-12-2019, 02:45 PM   #4237
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

I probably should study up and get a wish list of players together. Recently dumped Jefferies and Altuve with no replacements in mind. Not smart. Maybe I will make one of my teams pitching heavy. It's really hard to find good pitchers at reasonable prices though. I have been trying to go cheap with pitching with mixed results. My bullpens are specially pootastic.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:48 PM   #4238
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:

Buy one amazing player?
Blow it all on packs?

Since it took me 19 years to get out of Iron, I think I'm going to pass on that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
identify your weak spots (someone in the bullpen blowing games? Got a starter not pulling their weight anymore? Batter not hacking it at the plate? Someone in the field costing more runs than they produce?) and hone in on an upgrade for the worst offender....
If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're referring to my whole team!
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #4239
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Maybe see which hitters are not getting 2 WAR or more on average per season.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:54 PM   #4240
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're referring to my whole team!

in that case, it should provide a plethora of upgrade possibilities