Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:04 AM   #1
sbrock
Bat Boy

New Forum Member, Looking for Detailed Game Info

I've been playing PT for several weeks now, great game by the way. I would like to have a better understanding of how internal game decisions are made, beyond just the ratings numbers. I'm hoping that there is a document or discussion thread that already exists that someone could point me to.

Just as examples of what I'm looking for, I'd like to know how a player's status effects his game performance, as he tires, does his performance deteriorate? If so, by how much? If I set the AI to replace a player when he is "tired", at what status does that take affect, 90%, 75%, what?

I'd also like to understand the importance of defensive ratings at any particular position? All other things being equal, what performance difference I'm i likely to see by using a player with only a 25 rating as opposed to one with a 60 rating for example.

As I said, these are only examples of the kind of information I'm looking for. Can anyone tell me if there is a place where this kind of game detail might be found?
sbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

No one knows a lot of these things for sure, the entire point is to explore strategies to decide what works for you.

For discussion on specific things like position training or what ratings impact just use the forum search and it will come up.

Last edited by dkgo; 08-03-2019 at 01:00 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 01:32 PM   #3
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Strategy is very important. But there are almost as many viable strategies as there are members here although many are similar to others. The trick is to decide what your strategy will be early and then build your team and park factors to fit it. There are many defensive teams that are very successful but I have also seen teams that go all in for offense and let the chips/balls fall where they may. The biggest source of fun playing is to build your team the way you want and then win with it. You will have to make adjustments as you gain league levels no matter what your strategy. Personally I adjust my teams bench to come in just before the tired starts to first show. If you watch team you will learn when that is depending on the position. Of course your catcher gets tired much faster than your 1st baseman.

As already stated there are books full of information in this forum to help you divine what may work for you. The best advice I can give is to remember it is a game and have fun.

Good luck!

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote