Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:06 PM   #3841
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Philly may run away with it-maybe thats why I subliminally left them off the first day O'Fallon and Everett would be doing pretty well if it weren't for these OL games....

Wow. I don’t think we have seen a team in last place on the OL report but still have a great chance to make the playoffs.

Good luck...it would be terrific to see a last place OL team win the league title.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:27 PM   #3842
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
A no hitter with a 100 point game achievement, strikeouts and hitters points for that game gave me enough PP to spend the 9k for Strasberg. I considered it a steal and he looks like the real thing for seasons to come.

As you know I really enjoy comparing rosters and ideas and the lower level choices and plans for success can be astounding.

OL may have a small representation in Iron this season but our presence is surely felt among the other teams.

Very nice. I bet that was a nice surprise to find this generous influx of points. Most of our non-OL teams skip the lower level Diamond players so it is a welcome change to see a few new faces on our teams.
We will follow his progress.

The kids had a little bit of luck with challenge mode card packs. They picked up Silver Rickey Henderson who sold for above 10k.
Two other Diamond cards were in the 4-6K range.
Making just a few minor changes here and there is really a nice way to track our lower level teams get better year after year.

I wonder if we ever get to a point where other non-OL teams hate the idea of landing in an OL league because the teams are all fairly strong.

I am just happy I got my Sad Hill Hunters back and setup in a regular park. The extreme park was doing more damage than it was helping (mostly because of the roster that could not really take full advantage of it).

Old 07-25-2019, 05:28 PM   #3843
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I hope it gets where people dread seeing the OL on many teams in a league. That could be a terrific recruiting tool. Now, if we could just get everybody to have some pride and show the -OL.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:29 PM   #3844
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Nice recap as usual in both Gold OL and here for the Perfect non OL. When I seen the Infinite Power was in the division with ASaintsFan, I knew he would have a tough season. When I pointed it out to my wife, her response was, "Why did the game put him in that division instead of you? That is not fair." We know who she is a fan of, I reminded her that he can get a wildcard and then pop the WhoDats in a short series where he excels. It did not console her.

We hope you are enjoying family time. Tell the boys good luck for me.

I’m over in the National Conference and was thrilled not to see Asaintsfan but then looked at the Gems in my division, 130+ wins a year... Surprisingly I am hanging with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:40 PM   #3845
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Wow. I don’t think we have seen a team in last place on the OL report but still have a great chance to make the playoffs.

Good luck...it would be terrific to see a last place OL team win the league title.

and considering the Owls are pack-only so far, it's all luck-o-the-draw what historical cards they've landed; I'm surprised they do as well as they have.... just lucky they're in a division where no one seems to want to win

edit: on a different note.... looking to fill some missions... anyone have a spare of these cards:

-Ripper Collins (70)
-Joe Medwick (72)
-Clint Courtney (70)
-Ned Garver (71)
-Roy Cullenbine (72)
-Wally Judnich (83)

Last edited by stl jason; 07-25-2019 at 06:42 PM.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:46 PM   #3846
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
and considering the Owls are pack-only so far, it's all luck-o-the-draw what historical cards they've landed; I'm surprised they do as well as they have.... just lucky they're in a division where no one seems to want to win

edit: on a different note.... looking to fill some missions... anyone have a spare of these cards:

-Ripper Collins (70)
-Joe Medwick (72)
-Clint Courtney (70)
-Ned Garver (71)
-Roy Cullenbine (72)
-Wally Judnich (83)
I actually finished that mission, was collecting Browns as well as the other lost franchises in Expos/Senators. When the mission came out I was only missing Ned Garver and got him for a reasonable price.

The Sisler card is great, but unfortunately doesn't really fit my team.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:59 PM   #3847
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
The Gotham Knights are the only other OL team in Iron, according to the friends list.

Hopefully, the Gotham Knights will be included in the standings next time. Thanks.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:53 PM   #3848
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Hopefully, the Gotham Knights will be included in the standings next time. Thanks.

Absolutely....as long as the OL designation is there so it is easy to spot them.

I don’t think we need a complicated vote as almost all teams have already made the adjustment. Anyone that has not changed is either very busy/away or sending a pretty clear message and won’t get me to make an exception for them.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:19 PM   #3849
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
I actually finished that mission, was collecting Browns as well as the other lost franchises in Expos/Senators. When the mission came out I was only missing Ned Garver and got him for a reasonable price.

The Sisler card is great, but unfortunately doesn't really fit my team.
That's a card I'm trying to get for my Senators team. I'm going for the collection, though, as it's definitely not worth the 80-90k people are asking for it. I only need a few cards - and it helps that three of the Browns players are eligible to play on the Senators (Newsom, Courtney, and Clift). So unlike many missions, if I buy the cards to complete the mission the component cards won't sit around and be completely useless after the fact.

I probably wouldn't offer enough to make it worth your while, but I'm curious what you think a realistic price is for the card?

Just as an FYI, I have the card rated just above the 87 OVR Carew (11k+) and below the 96 OVR Mize (14k+), though his 87 eye vs RHP might make the card more valuable than Mize (the prices are prior to collections so they are probably a little low). But I can't see the card going for less than 20k since the 94 Sisler goes for that.

What would you expect to sell it for on the AH?
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:01 PM   #3850
Magus978
All Star Starter

It pains me to do this, but the Patriots are taking a break from OL play after this season. Going to send them in search of easier competition in the hopes of finally getting out of silver, because next week will be 10 weeks in the same level and I'm getting beyond sick and tired of the never-ending stagnation. They will return when they finally earn promotion to gold (or play themselves out of silver and into bronze).

The status of my other OL teams will remain unchanged and they will continue to compete for the crown in their respective tiers. I would, however, like to add a team to OL to replace the Patriots. That team would be the Steelport Saints down in Iron (currently tracking for promotion to bronze). I just need to get rid of 2019 All-Star Tommy La Stella & Future Legend Carter Kieboom, then they will be fully OL compliant, and I hope to do that by the end of the week.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:04 AM   #3851
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Hunters Climb Back to Top of Hill in OL S320

Sad Hill used a 12-5 sim to regain the lead in the chase for the crown which is thisclose. Us the GB metric, only four games separate the top eight teams. CliffMarkle went 14-8 to grab second place, while Pablo posted a 10-6 mark. Chi-Town had the best statistical day, winning 3 of 4, with Asylum, 14-5, and Port Ruppert, 10-6 also posting solid efforts.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:09 AM   #3852
Edster007
All Star Starter

Bronze Update

In OL play Philadelphia has come back to the pack a bit partially because Corinth posted a 12-6 day vs Philly's 14-10.

In Bronze play Washington and Philadelphia have started to open commanding leads in their respective divisions and with the exception of the NC West an OL team leads every division.

The wild card races all belong to to OL teams with Everett and Scullytown the only two teams that need to put together some sort of winning streak to get themselves into the mix.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:26 AM   #3853
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond league update:

Ewa Beach remains atop the OL standings, but Luckenbach creeps closer.

OL teams currently have the division lead in 5 of 6 divisions (and only a half game back in the 6th).
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:20 AM   #3854
Charlatan
All Star Starter

G307 Update

Annandale continues to lead Sanguine as Gold Standings remain (mostly) the same

Code:
Our League Standings - G307 - 2036			
			 W	 L	Pct
Annandale Atom Smashers	23	15	.605
Sanguine Classics	 7	 5	.583
Texas Strangers		14	13	.519
Ozark Bobcats		14	15	.483
Redmond Defenders	18	20	.474
Janesville Onyx		 5	 6	.455
Harbour Town Falcons	 4	 5	.444
Tacoma Aroma		 8	14	.364

x
Attached Images
Old 07-26-2019, 09:26 AM   #3855
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Absolutely....as long as the OL designation is there so it is easy to spot them.

I donÂ’t think we need a complicated vote as almost all teams have already made the adjustment. Anyone that has not changed is either very busy/away or sending a pretty clear message and wonÂ’t get me to make an exception for them.

I personally know a few OL members, who have been so busy with Real Life, that they have been not been seen or heard from in since the 2nd week of PT20.

So please don't take it personally that some guys aren't using the OL and "+" designations.

Our plan for "Our League" PT21 is that we will make it mandatory for teams to use a "+" and a "OL" in their teams, or they will not be included in any standings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
It pains me to do this, but the Patriots are taking a break from OL play after this season. Going to send them in search of easier competition in the hopes of finally getting out of silver, because next week will be 10 weeks in the same level and I'm getting beyond sick and tired of the never-ending stagnation. They will return when they finally earn promotion to gold (or play themselves out of silver and into bronze).

The status of my other OL teams will remain unchanged and they will continue to compete for the crown in their respective tiers. I would, however, like to add a team to OL to replace the Patriots. That team would be the Steelport Saints down in Iron (currently tracking for promotion to bronze). I just need to get rid of 2019 All-Star Tommy La Stella & Future Legend Carter Kieboom, then they will be fully OL compliant, and I hope to do that by the end of the week.

You should try being stuck in the Iron League for 18 seasons!

Mudville and Stephensville are in their 18th year in Iron.

Gotham is in their 17th year in Iron!

Last season Mudville started out like gang-busters and I had a 10.5 game lead, in 1st place, in their division at the All-Star break.

After the break, my Muffins lived up to their name and the pitchers magically couldn't find the plate anymore and my batters stopped hitting the ball.

At the start of the last 1.5 weeks of the season, I was in 2nd place and my Muffins somehow won their last 6 games to win the division however, we lost in the first round of the playoffs!

Ugg!

This year, it is even worse for Mudville. Right from the start, my star pitchers are throwing beach balls at the plate, my batters can't hit home runs, to save their life.

Mudville is just barely above the .500 mark.

Last edited by Bottom Of The Sixth; 07-26-2019 at 09:32 AM.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:52 AM   #3856
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
This year, it is even worse for Mudville. Right from the start, my star pitchers are throwing beach balls at the plate, my batters can't hit home runs, to save their life.

Mudville is just barely above the .500 mark.

How is mighty Casey doing?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:28 AM   #3857
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I'm not judging but it feels like an amazing feat to be in Iron for 17 seasons and not get promoted. I mean, even if your roster is all iron players I would think one season out of 17 enough of them would get lucky enough to get you into the playoffs and onto Bronze. How can you even do that? I guess if you set up your team and were completely hands off it might be there a while ... but in that case you'd probably have boatloads of PP.

Last edited by Charlatan; 07-26-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:59 AM   #3858
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
How is mighty Casey doing?

Over the last 17.5 seasons, Casey has turned into a old man with ulcers as all of the up and downs of being a star player on a team of muffins is killing him, inside and out!

Quote:
I'm not judging but it feels like an amazing feat to be in Iron for 17 seasons and not get promoted. I mean, even if your roster is all iron players I would think one season out of 17 enough of them would get lucky enough to get you into the playoffs and onto Bronze. How can you even do that? I guess if you set up your team and were completely hands off it might be there a while ... but in that case you'd probably have boatloads of PP.

I wonder if there is an achievement for being stuck in Iron so long?

I would think for has much as I have micro managed my team, I'd be at least in Gold.

I am using stock ball park ratings and I customize the player strategies for each player, based on their ratings.

I have a ton of gold rated players and I have a lifetime record of 1536-1327 however, I get very few gold level achievements and in several past years, never see one!

It must be something I am doing or not doing to cause my troubles however, I have no clue where to even start!

And yes, even though I am stuck "down in the cellar", on average, I do see a very good amount of game generated PP which sure helps offset my team's lack of League Level promotions.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:22 AM   #3859
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
It is very surprising to be stuck down there for so long. Makes my 9 (soon to be 10 weeks) at silver look like nothing. Usually you only see the abandoned clubs stay at iron for an eternity, and even then they fluke a promotion once in awhile.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:54 AM   #3860
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
That's a card I'm trying to get for my Senators team. I'm going for the collection, though, as it's definitely not worth the 80-90k people are asking for it. I only need a few cards - and it helps that three of the Browns players are eligible to play on the Senators (Newsom, Courtney, and Clift). So unlike many missions, if I buy the cards to complete the mission the component cards won't sit around and be completely useless after the fact.

I probably wouldn't offer enough to make it worth your while, but I'm curious what you think a realistic price is for the card?

Just as an FYI, I have the card rated just above the 87 OVR Carew (11k+) and below the 96 OVR Mize (14k+), though his 87 eye vs RHP might make the card more valuable than Mize (the prices are prior to collections so they are probably a little low). But I can't see the card going for less than 20k since the 94 Sisler goes for that.

What would you expect to sell it for on the AH?
Hey Charlatan. I actually listed it on the AH the other day and I think it's still there. I set it so it was at the lowest price on the list... about 85k/90k if I recall correctly. Whoever listed it first got lucky and sold for 99,999 PP.

I suspect that's out of your price range. We'll see what the market settles on as a price, and if that's more or less than the cost of acquiring the collection.

BTW I would have the Mize card as the worst of the lot you mentioned, unless your park is tilted towards lefty homers. Special Sisler as the best.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote