Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:36 PM   #1801
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I need some advice!

This is my chronically underperforming Fred Lindstrom. He's never performed as expected - he plays excellent defense but as you can see, he appears to have trouble hitting the ball.

Thing is, this card LOOKS like it has good batting stats - at least it seems that way to me. Am I expecting too much from this card? Heck, even with the good defense he's not generating much in the way of WAR. So I feel like I can do better. I feel like I SHOULD be able to do better at 3B.

It also kills me that when I look at players using the "Player Comparison" tool I see a number of copies of this card, and they all look like they're hitting better than this one - I see plenty of copies with OPS+ of 120 and more.

Stick with him or ditch him?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 03:19 PM   #1802
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
This is my chronically underperforming Fred Lindstrom. He's never performed as expected - he plays excellent defense but as you can see, he appears to have trouble hitting the ball.
I used to have a Lindstrom, and it seems to be a popular card on the boards and in the auction house. I think he's definitely overrated though. As you said the card looks good to the eye. But that's exactly the problem -- his Eye.

Guys with a weak Eye rating will get punished in the long-run in important stats like OPS+ and wOBA. Walking has become more important to me, even in a Contact-focused team.

I swapped Freddie Lindstrom for Heinie Groh, which are very similar cards, for a surplus in net PP. They basically just swap Eye and Power ratings, which works a lot better in Groh's favour. Lindstrom does have better defense though, so it depends how much you value that.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:13 PM   #1803
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

he's been pretty consistent for me... 4x all star, 2x platinum stick, 1 great glove award; LDS MVP last season....
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:54 PM   #1804
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:

Stick with him or ditch him?

You've had him on your team for a really long time.

If he isn't cutting the mustard, unload him.

If you really like him, then unload him and try and reacquire a different copy of him, and see how it goes.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:58 PM   #1805
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

I would move on from him. I would want at least near consistent 2.0+ WAR seasons.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:02 PM   #1806
Argonaut
All Star Starter

The Cowboys are 21.5 games back of 1st in the division, 12.5 games back of 2nd in the division... and still in the 2nd wildcard spot.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:05 PM   #1807
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Ditch him. He's only broken 100 OPS+ like 2 or 3x in a long time in your team
Old 05-31-2019, 11:08 PM   #1808
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
The Cowboys are 21.5 games back of 1st in the division, 12.5 games back of 2nd in the division... and still in the 2nd wildcard spot.
If that whale doesn't win the championship it is an epic fail on his part.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:13 PM   #1809
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

B218 Final Stretch

The top 3 teams each found a weak OL opponent to prey on in the last two months to help separate them from the pack. Preying on the weak is the recipe in the last stretch unless some backbone is shown.

Philly Patriots have been helped by a 11-3 record vs Janesville Onyx.
Motown Stars are 10-3 vs Ozark Bobcats.
DB Pickleballers working with a 10-5 record against the Asheboro Road Dogs.

Pickleballers - 5 OL games left, all against Asheboro.
Patriots - 8 OL, with 5 coming against Janesville.
Motown - 6 OL, all against Ozark.

Pickleballers, Retros, Patriots all lead their divisions at the moment. Wild card spots could exist for a few of the other teams as they are all within striking distance over the final month.

Code:
B218	              Wins	Loss    %
D B Pickleballers	15	6	0.714
Philadelphia Patriots	19	10	0.655
Motown Stars	        17	10	0.630
Frankenthal Retros	9	12	0.429
Janesville Onyx	        13	19	0.406
Ozark Bobcats	        9	17	0.346
Asheboro Road Dogs	7	14	0.333

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:41 PM   #1810
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:

Possible playoff teams:
Philadelphia: AC East leader
Redmond: AC Central leader
Seattle & Mudville: potential AC wild cards
New Zealand: NC East leader
Arkham & Victoria: potential NC wild cards
Just a regular league update.

With just 3 games left in August, we have a few teams fighting for the playoffs.

AC East: Seattle Endless Summer and Philadelphia Athletic Club are going back and forth. Both of them should be able to
punch a ticket or make it as a wild card team.

AC Central: Redmond Defenders have a comfortable 8 game lead.

AC West: San Pedro is 14 games behind. Good luck...hopefully the 7-3 record in the last 10 games can continue.

NC East: New Zealand Silver Ferns have a 1.5 game lead. Hopefully they can hold off the Texas Rangers.

NC Central: The Arkham Horros are 3.5 games behind the Winterfell DireWolves but are on a 4 game win streak. Keep it up!!!

NC West: The Bears are 10 games behind the Pokemon "endless name" team. Time to file a bug to get this long name fixed.
Very annoying as it breaks a lot of reports.
Attached Images

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:09 AM   #1811
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Hmm, anyone know of any solid foreign(non-US) left-handed reliever? My bullpen are all RHP at the moment and scanning all the pitchers one by one takes time.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:20 AM   #1812
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Atom Smashers Still Lead OL S254

Annandale continues to set the pace, but the race tightened up a bit heading into the final sims today. With 7 games left on their OL slate, all road games, they still are the masters of their destiny. Palolo has 12 remaining, evenly split between home and away. Asylum has nine road games left. Shasta has only three to play, but those are a home series against Annandale, so they can give themselves a shot at the crown with success against the leaders. Cooper has only 4 to go, and so will be spectators for most of the day. Terra Incognita with, 17 still on the schedule, 14 home, could still make a miracle run, or, at the very least, play the spoiler.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:34 AM   #1813
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Arkham continues to dominate I167

The fireworks are primed, the champagne is chilling on ice, and everything's ready to celebrate Arkham's crown in I167. The only thing that remains is to play the games!

There's a mathematical chance Redmond could capture the title but Arkham's magic number is 2. Arkham plays 3 OL games near the end of the month against Mudville. Redmond plays 22 OL games and starts with seven in a row so the title may be decided soon.

Playoff Hopes & Dreams
Seattle - leads AC East over Philadelphia by 2 games
Redmond - leads AC central over Mudville by 9.5 games
Philadelphia (Seattle) will be one wild card team
New Zealand leads NC East by 4 gfames
Victoria is tied for NC West lead
Arkham lead wild card in the NC and Victoria could claim the 2nd spot if they don't win their division

So it appears that six OL teams could make the playoffs.

Playoffs will determine promotions. There are no relegations in Iron.

Code:
Our League Standings - I167 - Sep 3, 2028			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Arkham Horrors		26	11	.703
Redmond Defenders	44	34	.564
Pa Athletic Club	29	24	.547
Seattle Endless Summer	27	25	.519
Victoria Vikings	15	14	.517
Mudville Muffins	36	34	.514
Gotham Knights		41	42	.494
Melaka Armada		41	44	.482
San Pedro Cerranos	23	29	.442
Fancher Creek Pirates	34	46	.425
NZ Silver Ferns		11	16	.407
Stephensville Bears	10	18	.357

spacey mcspacerton
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlatan; 06-01-2019 at 06:37 AM.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:37 AM   #1814
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Bunnies in stretch run in P409

So... we just picked up our new Ptiching Ace ---- Steve Carlton (94) --- for the stretch run. Heading into the final day, the Energizer Bunnies stand at 72-61 , two games ahead of the Delicious Taters for the second wild card spot. Hopefully, Steve will help us end the season strong.

Last edited by allenciox; 06-01-2019 at 09:59 AM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:11 AM   #1815
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:

There's a mathematical chance Redmond could capture the title but Arkham's magic number is 2. Arkham plays 3 OL games near the end of the month against Mudville. Redmond plays 22 OL games and starts with seven in a row so the title may be decided soon.
Thank you for the report and all the math.

We have accepted the fact that Arkham was the better team and made their games count when it mattered.

Our team is still too flawed and not enough points have been collected. The extra pack from the challenge mode was a failure (no useful card at all) so we hope a deep playoff run can help generate some much needed points.

Good luck to everyone....one last month to go. Let’s hope one of the OL teams can win the league title as well.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:44 AM   #1816
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Kaneohe Seems Certain of G332 Crown

I can't track the remaining OL games, but I can't imagine anyone will catch the Mokes.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 06-01-2019, 10:51 AM   #1817
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Parakeets Still Flying High in OL D358

Again, I don't know the remaining games, but it would seem Aina Haina is also going to be tough to catch. Nice weather means tons of outdoor chores, so crowning will be not be possible until later in the evening, depending on what results I see posted. I had a small opportunity to get these up, but I probably won't check back in again until after practice, around 6:30 or so. Good luck to all down the stretch. I don't think I'll be missing much with own teams. Just noticed that I forgot to put the team abbreviations I used for the T vs. T into the standings, but I think it should be easy to figure out.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 06-01-2019, 01:29 PM   #1818
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I can't track the remaining OL games, but I can't imagine anyone will catch the Mokes.
yeah, the Gold league is a done deal at this point... remaining schedule:

Kaneohe: 6 games (3 vs Sanguine; 3 at Sanguine)
Harlem: 6 games (3 vs Cliffmarkle; 3 vs Sanguine)
Cliffmarkle: 3 games (at Harlem)
Sanguine: 9 games (3 at Harlem; 3 at Kaneohe; 3 vs Kaneohe)
Luckenbach: none
Waffletown: none

in the overall picture for Gold league, Kaneohe (13 game lead) and Luckenbach (9 game lead) both hold fairly comfortable leads in their respective divisions, and are looking like the only two representatives from OL in the Gold league playoffs. There's an outside chance for CliffMarkle (8.5 back of the 2nd WC) and Waffletown (7 games back of the 2nd WC) to sneak in, but it will take a serious winning streak plus some help from others to make that happen.

At the other end, Sanguine and Harlem are pushing to avoid the relegation zone; with Harlem currently in 29th position, but only a half game behind 3 other teams (hopefully Waffletown can assist here as they have 9 games against two of the non-OL teams near the bottom, so a strong showing by the Syrups in those series could help push those teams further down in the standings).
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:30 PM   #1819
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I167 Update

Redmond has won their first 6... now make it *9* OL games of the month without a loss. Arkham's magic number is still 2!

Last edited by Charlatan; 06-01-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:22 PM   #1820
Charlatan
All Star Starter

In a frantic effort to "do something," Annandale went and upgraded two members of their starting rotation this morning. Motown acquired Hank Aaron in a deal that involved shipping out Kirby Puckett.

None of these deals has made a significant difference, but at least the front office cannot be accused of "just sitting around and twiddling their thumbs."