Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-13-2018, 05:42 PM   #1
wombats
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Loading from Backup

I backed up a game, and am trying to restore. After I go through the steps the game is not recognizing the file even though it is there. it has .lg behind it. How do I get it to recognize and load up the game?

Thanks in advance.
wombats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:00 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...97#post4084018

to restore, start at post 7 (i think) ... this is the best example of backing up/ restoring from back i've seen, compliments of RchW, with write up and pics to assist. Hope it's what you're looking for and that it helps.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:10 PM   #3
wombats
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not really the issue is not creating it, its once it puts a new set of files in the saved directory the game does not recognize them and they are unable to be loaded
Old 04-13-2018, 09:29 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombats View Post
Not really the issue is not creating it, its once it puts a new set of files in the saved directory the game does not recognize them and they are unable to be loaded
Can you show your saved game folder with the original.lg file and the renamed bkup.lg file?

There shouldn't be a new set of files; there should be a bkup.lg file folder with the same files you backed up under it.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #5
wombats
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Here is a shot of both my directory and the load of the game.
Attached Files
File Type: doc OOTP Screenshots.doc (203.0 KB, 133 views)
Old 04-14-2018, 03:38 AM   #6
DTFinch
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am having the same issue on my Macbook. I know how to restore from backup, I have done it on all previous versions of OOTP. I cannot get it to restore on 19. When I click the backup folder it highlights the contents and all the .dat files are shaded out.
DTFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:06 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here is a shot of both my directory and the load of the game.
Correct me if I'm wrong but which of your three is the restored backup? Note that in mine the backup is obvious by name, no description and no game date. Also curious why you only have 3 saved games showing but more in your file manager. I have 6 of both, including the re-named restore file.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 04-14-2018, 04:41 PM   #8
wombats
Minors (Rookie Ball)

There are multiple ones because I have tried to restore multiple times with different names and have not deleted them.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #9
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Yes but any restored game file should appear in your saved games list in game just like in my screenshot. I'm not seeing any there.

RichW

Old 04-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #10
wombats
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It only ever shows up under the new name
Old 04-14-2018, 08:46 PM   #11
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It only ever shows up under the new name
And there are none. You only have 3 game files there. Which is the restored backup?

RichW

Old 10-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #12
genuvar
Minors (Single A)

I have a friend that just ran into this same issue. Was there ever a fix suggested?

After restoring from backup the .lg folder was created but the save_games.dat file doesnt have the information and OOTP is not 'seeing' it.
genuvar is offline   Reply With Quote