Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-09-2016, 09:19 PM   #1
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Can't accept trade?

I have to be missing something, but I had proposed a trade and it was accepted, but I don't see any option where I can accept/finalize the trade.

When I am in my mailbox the Action Menu drop down only shows an option to Discuss Trade Again.

Is there somewhere else I need to be looking to be able to accept the trade? According to the manual it should be in the Action Menu.

Thanks.
kstepanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:11 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, that's where it should be. Could you take a screenshot and show me exactly what you're seeing?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:35 PM   #3
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Screenshot attached.

FYI, this is with the latest update that was released last week installed.
Attached Images
Old 11-09-2016, 10:39 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, definitely missing. You're still within 2 weeks of the date on the message, right?
Old 11-09-2016, 10:41 PM   #5
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Yes, this is just day 1
Old 11-09-2016, 10:45 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, we'll have a look at that. I'm not sure if we'll need to see the save, but just in case could you upload it? Instructions for sending it to our ftp site are here, or you can put it on a file sharing site like filedropper.com or dropbox and send me the link.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:49 AM   #7
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

I had the same issue but it happened after I clicked discuss trade again (just to look over the trade offer again) and when I went back to my mail, the accept/reject button were gone. Wasn't a big deal in my case cause I just resubmitted and it went through a couple days later.
Bulldawgz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:08 AM   #8
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Bulldawgz24, I did try that as well thinking I might get the option to appear but no luck. I haven't re-proposed the trade since I don't want to risk it being rejected this time. :-) At this point I'll wait and see what Jeff can tell from the saved files.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:47 PM   #9
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Could this problem be due to the fact that one of the players I was receiving in the trade (Wayne Simmonds) has a no trade clause? Maybe he isn't willing to waive it and for some reason that isn't bubbling up in the information?

In general, how does FHM handle trading players with such clauses? I could see maybe you need to entice them somehow, but I don't see any mechanism for that (other than what might be the relevant traits as a coach/gm).
Old 11-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #10
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Just posting here to close the loop on this thread. Jeff was not able to fully reproduce this and when he resubmitted the trades they went through after a couple of days and he was able to accept them.

I tried re-submitting the trades and while it took longer in my instance (about 5 days) the trades were accepted again and I this time I had the Accept Trade option available.

I had since made another trade that was accepted and I had the Accept Trade option available immediately, but on a subsequent trade it was back to not giving me that option and I had to re-submit.

It isn't really clear why this is happening, but it does at least seem to provide a workaround.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:54 PM   #11
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Well, may have spoken a bit too soon. I've made another trade and now it isn't giving me the Accept Trade option even after re-submitting it and it being accepted again.

This is incredibly annoying!
Old 11-28-2016, 05:40 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Could you give me a step-by-step of everything you're doing to initiate the trade, and then exactly what you do when you receive the notification that it's accepted? I'm wondering if I'm doing something differently when I try to replicate the problem with your save.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #13
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

kstepanian, you sure you aren't selecting discuss trade again?

I did that previously just to review the trade again and make sure I liked the trade as is. When I went back the my mail, the option to accept disappeared.

The game appears to be setup to remove the ability to accept trade after you select discuss trade again. I guess it makes sense since in a way you are reopening the negotiations.
Bulldawgz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 01:55 PM   #14
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Hi Jeff, when I initiate a trade I go to the Offer Trade link under the Team section. I then right-click on the player(s) on my team to offer and add them to the trade. I then switch to the other team and right-click on the player(s) I want from them and then select the Offer Trade option from the Action Menu.

When I get the response back there is no Accept or Finalize Trade link in the email or in the Action Menu.

To re-initiate the trade I've tried things two different ways. One is to select the Discuss Trade Again option from the Action Menu. This brings me back to the trade offer screen and from here I select the Offer Trade option from the Action Menu.

The second approach I've tried is to just go back and follow the same steps I used when first offering the trade, essentially starting from scratch as if it were a brand new trade. When I do this and then go back to the email I see that the Discuss Trade link has been removed from the email and the Action Menu which I think indicates that the "new" trade offer is now active and the older one is no longer valid, which is true and makes sense - this is what Bulldawgz24 describes.

I don't really recall ever seeing the Discuss Trade Again option resulting in the trade being accepted again by the other team. I don't know if that is because there was no change made to the offer or what.

For a couple of trades I was seeing that the second approach of essentially submitting a brand new from scratch version of the trade was resulting in the trade being re-accepted and this time the ability to accept the trade was present. The trade I've been trying to finalize this weekend though isn't following that script. It gets re-accepted every time, but I still never get the option to accept/finalize the trade.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:08 AM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

Well, nothing unusual in the way you're submitting or re-submitting, that's exactly what I was doing. I'll take another look at the save and see if there's any way I can get it to repeat what you're seeing. It's a bit baffling that you get this regularly but it's not happening when we test it - there'll sometimes be differences in the way the game performs on the development machines, but I'm just trying it on a regular system and it's been working OK for me so far.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:29 PM   #16
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

This happened to me recently as well, I sent a trade and it got accepted, but I had no way of accepting it. I ended up just sending it again and forcing it through instead because it'd already been approved and the game wouldn't let me finalize it. Though since I don't get many trades, I can't provide further examples of this.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:52 AM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
This happened to me recently as well, I sent a trade and it got accepted, but I had no way of accepting it. I ended up just sending it again and forcing it through instead because it'd already been approved and the game wouldn't let me finalize it. Though since I don't get many trades, I can't provide further examples of this.
If you still have the save, can you upload it? There might be something in common with kstepanian's game that gives us a clue as to what's going on.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:30 PM   #18
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

this happened to me a few times in the 2nd version of the game...
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 01:23 PM   #19
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Well I finally got my latest trade to go through - though I'm not sure why. When the trade was accepted by the other team and I didn't have the accept option I always tried some way to resubmit the trade within the same "session". The other day I tried clicking Discuss trade again - which, at least in my mind - no idea what happens under the covers with the code,"ended" the current trade but this time I did not resubmit the trade. At this point my thinking was that there was no active trade offer in play. I then saved the game and exited itt. When I started a new "session" by starting the game again I went back and initiated the same trade offer. This time when it was accepted by the other team I did have the option to accept the trade in the drop down menu.

I have no idea if my "logic" made sense, but in this instance at least it worked. I've lost 5 of 7 games since the trade though, so maybe the game was trying to tell me something by not letting me accept it. :-)
Old 12-14-2016, 06:10 AM   #20
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks, that might give us a clue as to what's causing the original problem, but the fix is as strange as the issue is.