Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:35 AM   #1
jncca1215
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Want 30 Teams, Real Players: 1901

How do I accomplish this?

I'm willing to use real players from all eras since I think that's necessary, but every time I try to load a game in 1901 with 30 teams all players are fictional.
jncca1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:43 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

start an historical league. save.maybe run a quick backup.
Go to league settings - global settings - available global actions (dropdown) - add new league. i suggest going fictional and having no minor leagues since you will not have enough players to fill up AAA for a few seasons. You can add them later. Use 1901 settings if you want.
BTW you may have to add fictional players since there may not be enough players for all 30 teams or use ghost players.
FBL menu - Player Info - List all FBL players - Mass Delete all players in Commish Mode by clicking the bubble next to POS then right clicking.
Go back to MLB - List all MLB players (include all minor leaguers) mass release all players.
Delete MLB. League settings - Available League Actions - List all functions - Delete. This will also release all players and coaches.
Set everything under the FBL for 1901 settings, unless you want to use a different year. See my screenshot for things to check mark. Set teh database path. ( copy you OOTP 16 stats folder line (use keyboard controls vs mouse)
C:\Users\Todd\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 16\stats
Back up often to go back and re do things, move the initial backups out of the backups folder so you can choose which one, otherwise it will overwrite it. This is a trial and error thing when you are new to the game.

Now under FBL, you can either run a inaugural draft or run a free agent draft.
change the ammy draft to November.
might want to edit teh 25 man roster to around 18 which is close to 1901 rules plus it will give teh extra teams more players. If you use a SPritze DB that will give you some extra players, especially after 1919.
I wound up with 13 players when i was done. 3 pitchers and 10 position players. Check Stats & AI for 1901 Options..
here is mine.
https://www.mediafire.com/?6zucbv10x9kb4xb
this is a quick start game unzip and place in your quickstart folder. You can play with it from there. i use Spritze DB so there might be some extra players in this vs default DB.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:15 PM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jncca1215 View Post
How do I accomplish this?

I'm willing to use real players from all eras since I think that's necessary, but every time I try to load a game in 1901 with 30 teams all players are fictional.
I started a thread in the suggestion forums today that I'm hoping Markus gives some thought to. Would be so cool if we could manually select the number of players we want the game to import for a random debut league's inaugural draft.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote