Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 04-27-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
TBiz
Major Leagues

Dynasty - The Florida Panthers

I apologize in advance if I was supposed to get approval to post a Dynasty. I have seen many people doing it and I really wanted to get back into a roleplay/writing phase. Also I wanted to add more to my games, as I have been getting really bored with it as of late, and figuring adding it to you guys and adding in my own flare, it would give it a bigger bang. So here it is. Been almost 4 years now since i've down anything like this. Going to be slow, but as detailed and entertaining as I can. Thanks again, and enjoy the read.

*Note the only thing I have done is change the OT to what the future NHL would like and what I agree with is the 3 on 3 overtime period for regular season. Also I turned down the training injuries. Again Enjoy.

New General Manager, Terence Baker has signed on with the Florida Panther's. The new GM, whom no one really knows, had the following statement to make to his viewers last night.

Terence Baker: Good evening Florida Panther's fans. I would like to first say, it's a great pleasure to be given this opportunity to lead the Florida Panther's to a hopeful playoff run that not only the player's here deserve, but you the fans. Secondly, I know many of you... Let me retrace that, none of you will know me and of coarse I am not a Legendary, well known, playoff god coach you have known from other teams... I know I will need to prove myself, that being said... I promise not only will I do that, but I will carry out my duties as the GM of this team and do what I can to make this team into the team you people want to see!.... And lastly, the roster you see before you today.. Expect a major face lift to it come the start of the season. The way I look at it right now... This is not the team I would like to move forward with. Thank you for your time.

The fans seemed to really take in the comments made from their new leader.

Free Agent Signings:
- 18/08/2013 - Nikolai Zherdev signs 3yr contract with Florida. Contract is worth $7,350,000 (2.45 Million a Yr)

Trades:
- 18/08/2013 -
Florida sends to Toronto:
22yr old Dman Dmitry Kulikov
33yr old RW Krys Barch
3rd Round Draft pick 2015,
and rights to 20yr old Dman Rasmus Bengtsson

Toronto sends in return to Florida:
22yr old C Nazem Kadri
25yr old RW Spencer Abbott
and 23yr old Dman Jake Gardiner.

- 20/08/2013 -
Florida sends LA Kings the following Players:
34yr old Dman Brian Campbell
30yr old Dman Ryan Whitney
Rights to 20yr old C Kyle Rau
Rights to 18yr old Dman Ian McCoshen
and a 2nd & 7th Round 2015 picks

In Return, LA Kings send:
23yr old Dman Drew Doughty
24yr old Dman Jake Muzzin
and 21yr old LW Tyler Toffoli

- 23/08/2013 -
The Florida Panthers have made a block buster trade, in which fans have taken notice! Florida has sent the following to the Montreal Canadiens:
34yr old G Roberto Luongo
and 29yr old Sean Bergenheim

The Canadiens have sent in return to the Florida Panthers:
26yr old G Carey Price
and 31yr old LW Rene Bourque.

A long going Panthers fan was asked what they thought of the past few trades and his response was clear:

Loyal Florida Fan: I couldn't believe it. The new General Manager, Terence Baker has really taken charge in making the Florida Panthers the playoff team we've wanted here. Trading away guys like Brian Campbell, Ryan Whitney and even Local Goaltender Robert Luongo away again may have been upsetting to us, but the players brought in I feel, will make the team a lot more challenging in the long run. My hats off to the new GM right now. I look forward to the season to come! Go Panthers Go!
TBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:49 PM   #2
TBiz
Major Leagues

- Trades -

- 27/08/2013 -
The Florida Panthers continued their Rebuild by sending the following players to the Vancouver Canucks:
Scott Gomez, C, 33
Tomas Kopecky, RW, 31
Jon Matsumoto, C, 26
Joey Crabb, LW, 30
and a 4th, 5th and 6th round Draft pick for 2015.

In return, the Canucks send to Florida:
Ryan Kesler, C, 28
and Zack Kassian, RW, 22.

Though some NHL insiders feel T.Baker has given up to much for the following players, Baker ensured the fans that "I knew exactly what he wanted from this trade.... I'm satisfied". This trade marks the fourth trade the GM has made in such a little time.

- OVERVIEW -
We're now at October.1.2013. The regular season will prepare itself. The new looking Florida Panthers will start the season away from home for the first four games of the season. They will be facing some big challengers in the Dallas Stars, St. Louis Blues, Philadelphia Flyers, and the Tampa Bay Lightning before heading home for two games!

- GAMES -
Florida Panthers Vs Dallas Stars
Attendance : 16,765

Starting Lineup for Florida
1st Line
LW- J. Huberdeau C- N. Kadri RW- B. Boyes
D- E. Gudbranson D- D. Doughty

2nd Line
LW- T. Fleischmann C- R. Kesler RW- N. Zherdev
D- J. Gardiner D- T. Gilbert
3rd Line
LW- R. Bourque C- N. Bjugstad RW- S. Upshall
D- J. Muzzin D- C.Robak

4th Line
LW- T. Toffoli C- D. Shore RW- Z. Kassian

- First Period Summary -
Goal - 6:50, Florida, Scored by Rene Bourque - Assisted by Scottie Upshall
Goal - 7:28, Florida, Scored by Tyler Toffoli - Assisted by Zack Kassian and Drew Doughty
Goal - 19:34, Florida, Scored by Rene Bourque - Assisted by Jake Muzzin

- Penalties -
1:14, Florida, Nikolai Zherdev, 2 Minutes for Hooking
10:34, Dallas, Ray Whitney, 2 Minutes for Elbowing
16:50, Dallas, Cody Eakin, 2 Minutes for Hooking.

- Second Period Summary -
Goal - 3:46, Dallas, Scored by Jamie Benn - Assisted by Kevin Connauton and Trevor Daley
Goal - 19:32, Dallas, Scored by Jordie Benn - Assisted by Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn

- Penalties -
12:02, Florida, Rene Bourque, 2 Minutes for Hi-Sticking.

-Third Period Summary -
Goal - 5:16, Dallas, Scored by Jamie Benn on the powerplay - Assisted by Tyler Seguin and David Perron
Goal- 5:22, Dallas, Scored by David Perron - Assisted by Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn
Goal - 16:04, Dallas, Scored by Rich Peverley on the powerplay - Assisted by Ray Whitney and Alex Chiasson

- Penalties -
3:40, Florida, Nazem Kadri, 2 Minutes for Holding.
9:20, Dallas, Erik Cole, 2 Minutes for Interference.
15:34, Florida. Zack Kassian, 2 Minutes for Roughing.
19:36, Dallas. Aaron Rome, 2 Minutes for Hooking.

- Final Summary -
What looked like it was going to be a great start to the season of the Florida Panthers first game, came to a quick halt as they went up 3-0 in the first, to lose the game 5-3. The shots on goal were as followed:

First period 15 to 6 in favor to Florida
Second period 19-5 for Dallas
and the Third period was 13-5 for Dallas.
Final totals were 25 shots for Florida and 38 Shots for Dallas.

K. Lehtonen ended up with the win tonight in a slow start for his teams effort.
We had a chance to speak to Tyler Seguin after the game, whom had 3 assists in tonight's game that helped them defeat Florida here tonight. We asked him his thoughts and outlook on the game was and these were the words given.
Tyler Seguin: We knew coming into this game, with the moves they made in the off season, it would be tough. They won the first without a doubt. We couldn't keep up with them. We went to the back, motivated ourselves and went out there and did what we had to do. Thanks to our power play and hard work we took the second and third period to a deserving win for us.

Last edited by TBiz; 04-27-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:29 AM   #3
TBiz
Major Leagues

- OVERVIEW -
The Florida Panthers would open their road game match against Dallas very promising, but due to some bad penalties and a collapse in their teams performance, they fell victim to a loss. The panthers will now face the St. Louis Blues as they look to try and get their first win of the season.

- GAMES -
Florida Panthers (0-1-0, 0pts) Vs St. Louis Blues (1-0-0, 2pts)
Attendance : 18,688

Starting Lineup for Florida
In Goal - Scott Clemmensen
1st Line
LW- J. Huberdeau C- N. Kadri RW- B. Boyes
D- E. Gudbranson D- D. Doughty

2nd Line
LW- T. Fleischmann C- R. Kesler RW- N. Zherdev
D- J. Gardiner D- T. Gilbert
3rd Line
LW- R. Bourque C- N. Bjugstad RW- S. Upshall
D- J. Muzzin D- C.Robak

4th Line
1st Line
LW- T. Toffoli C- D. Shore RW- Z. Kassian

- First Period Summary -
Goal - 1:10, St. Louis, Scored by Steve Ott - Assisted by Berret Jackman and Vladimir Sobotka
Goal - 5:10, St. Louis, Scored by Alexander Steen - Assisted by T.J Oshie and Jordan Leopold
Goal - 14:02, Florida, Scored by Erik Gudbranson - Assisted by Drew Doughty and Johnathan Huberdeau

- Penalties -
16:54, Florida, Kevin Shattenkirk, 2 Minutes for Roughing.

Goal - 1:36, Florida, Scored by Tyler Toffoli - Assisted by Spencer Abbott and Nikolai Zherdev
Goal - 8:42, Florida, Scored by Nikolai Zherdev on the power playplay - Assisted by Jake Muzzin and Ryan Kesler
Goal - 9:50, St. Louis, Scored by Roman Polak - Assisted by Vladimir Tarasenko and Patrik Berglund

- Penalties -
4:36, St. Louis, T.J Oshie, 2 Minutes for Holding.
7:44, St. Louis, Barret Jackman, 2 Minutes for Holding

-Third Period Summary -
Goal - 2:44, St. Louis, Scored by Kevin Shattenkirk on the powerplay - Assisted by Barret Jackman
Goal- 15:02, St. Louis, Scored by Derek Roy - Assisted by Kevin Shattenkirk and Jay Bouwmeester
Goal - 17:04, Florida, Scored by Ryan Kesler on the powerplay - Assisted by Drew Doughty and Nikolai Zherdev

- Penalties -
1:40, Florida, Nazem Kadri, 2 Minutes for Cross-Checking.
9:10, Florida, Erik Cole, 2 Minutes for Kneeing.
12:24, St. Louis. Zack Kassian, 2 Minutes for Hooking.
16:46, St. Louis. Aaron Rome, 2 Minutes for Slashing.

- Final Summary -
High scoring game, some bad penalties from both sides, but the St. Louis Blues were able to hold on to a 5-4 win over the Florida Panthers. Though the Panthers scored two times out of the five opportunities they had in this game, their team now has only score two goals on nine power play chances. That number needs to raise if they wish to pick up victories on teams willing to go to the box. The shots on goal are as followed:
First period seen St. Louis out shoot Florida by a slight margin of 17-13.
Second period the shots were even at 9 shots a piece
and the Third period was also slated even as both teams had 7 shots.
Final totals were 29 shots for Florida and 33 Shots for St. Louis.
Ryan Miller ended up with the victory for St. Louis saving 25/29 shots taken on him.
We were unable to get comments from Terence Baker, who sees his team's record drop to 0-2-0 this season so far. Though it's still early, the points are always good to get in the beginning of the season.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBiz View Post
- 20/08/2013 -
Florida sends LA Kings the following Players:
34yr old Dman Brian Campbell
30yr old Dman Ryan Whitney
Rights to 20yr old C Kyle Rau
Rights to 18yr old Dman Ian McCoshen
and a 2nd & 7th Round 2015 picks

In Return, LA Kings send:
23yr old Dman Drew Doughty
24yr old Dman Jake Muzzin
and 21yr old LW Tyler Toffoli

- 23/08/2013 -
The Florida Panthers have made a block buster trade, in which fans have taken notice! Florida has sent the following to the Montreal Canadiens:
34yr old G Roberto Luongo
and 29yr old Sean Bergenheim

The Canadiens have sent in return to the Florida Panthers:
26yr old G Carey Price
and 31yr old LW Rene Bourque.
Wow, those are some slick trades you pulled off there! How in the world did the CPU AI accept those as good deals for them?

Good luck with rest of the dynasty!
Sebmono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:09 PM   #5
Bigby Wolf
Minors (Single A)

Wow - some huge trades there!

Which game version are you playing with?
Bigby Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
Ile
Minors (Double A)

Looks promising. May I request that you put in the score after each goal as well as the final score, in the match reports as well? 1-0, 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 etc., FINAL SCORE 3-6.

Makes the overview of the games a lot better imo.

Other than that, good job, will follow!
Ile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:36 PM   #7
Fred Shero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The AI Trade logic doesn't appear to be very good.
Fred Shero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #8
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Shero View Post
The AI Trade logic doesn't appear to be very good.
Agreed
Sebmono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:40 PM   #9
TBiz
Major Leagues

Hey everyone. Ya seems the trading system with this game needs a little work, as I for one couldn't see Montreal giving up Carey Price as easy as they did.

In the question from Bigby Wolf, I've been using the latest version, so everything that is able to happen, is in the newest version of the game.

Ile thank you for the suggestion, and I shall work it in as best I can to make your read that much better.

everyone else, thank you for coming by and all feed back is welcome, as this is my first time ever doing something like this.

Thank you again, and more to follow up with The Florida Panthers!
Old 04-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #10
TBiz
Major Leagues

- OVERVIEW -
The Florida Panthers haven't found their grove as of yet, as they have lost their first two games of the season on the road. They have two more games on the road before they get the chance to have the cheering fans of Florida behind their backs, so you know the players and Terence Baker would love to come home with these next two as a win. The line ups will be worked with and a new strategy will be made to see if we can get some chemistry going with the lines.

The Defensive parings will remain, the forward lines will be adjusted as followed:

First Line:
Left Wing: J. Huberdeau Center: R. Kesler Right Wing: N. Zherdev
Second Line:
Left Wing: T. Toffoli Center: N. Kadri Right Wing: B. Boyes
Third Line:
Left Wing: R. Bourque Center: D. Shore Right Wing: Z. Kassian
Fourth Line:
Left Wing: T. Fleischmann Center: G. Rallo Right Wing: S. Upshall

- T. Toffoli has gone up from the fourth line to the second, as he has proven he deserves a chance. He's played both games for the Florida Panthers, collecting 2 goals and a plus minus of +2 with getting only 5 minutes of ice time a game with the fourth line. T.Baker thinks that spicing things up and allowing Toffoli play on the second line will spark some motivation in his play.

- T. Fleischmann will take Toffoli's place on the fourth line as his play lately is not exactly what many would say good. He's also played the last two games, has recorded no points and is a minus -1 so far. Tho he isn't the worst performer out there, he certainly isn't proving to work well on the second line. Hopefully the demotion will up his play to try and get his place back on the second line.

- The empty captain position as now been made, and the assistant captains have also been made.
T.Baker traded away many of the other players that took those roles and wanted to wait to see whom the deserving players were to be appointed this new looking teams leaders. As many expected Ryan Kesler has taken the Captain's position for the Florida Panthers. T. Baker see's a lot of heart, determination, and leadership in him as the players respect him. Another no brainer for the first assistant captain was Drew Doughty. The dominating defenseman has a Stanley Cup win on his belt and is one of the most known defenceman out there. The surprised and last appointed assistant captain was T. Toffoli. Since being acquired from the L.A Kings, T. Baker has shown great interest in the young 21 Year old. The assigning of the assistant captain spot will not only give Toffoli that boost in knowing he's a key part of this team, but will allow him to show some leadership towards a struggling Florida team.

- Games -
Florida Panthers (0-2-0, 0pts) Vs Philadelphia Flyers(1-1-1, 3pts)
Attendance : 19,313

- First Period Summary -
Goal, 3:44, Flyers, Scored by Erik Gustafsson - Assisted by Brayden Schenn and Braydon Coburn (0-1)
Goal, 18:28, Flyers, Scored by Sean Couturier - Assisted by Jakub Voracek and Andrew MacDonald (0-2)

- Penalties -
16:48, Flyers, Wayne Simmonds, 5 Minutes for Fighting.
16:48, Panthers, Zack Kassian, 5 Minutes for Fighting.

(End of the first Philadelphia leads 2-0 against the Florida Panthers. The Flyers outshot the Panthers 16-11 going into the second period)

Goal, 2:24, Panthers, Scored on the powerplay by Nazem Kadri - Assisted by Drew Doughty and Nikolai Zherdev (1-2)
Goal. 11:56, Flyers, Scored by Adam Hall - Assisted by Way Simmonds and Matt Read (1-3)

- Penalties -
2:22, Flyers, Steve Downie, 2 Minutes for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.
5:58, Panthers, Nikolai Zherdev, 2 Minutes for Tripping.
9:44, Flyers, Way Simmonds, 2 Minutes for Holding.
17:16, Panthers, Tom Gilbert, 2 Minutes for Cross-Checking.

(End of the second Philly continues to lead this game with a score of 3-1. The Flyers continued to outshoot the Panthers in this period 11-7. C. Price has done what he can to keep his team in this game as he's made 24/27 saves so far tonight. S. Mason has done well also making 17/18 shots he's faced after two periods)

An interview backstage with R. Kesler showed that the team was on the same page with T. Baker as he had this to say when asked during the intermission what his thoughts on the teams chemistry and performance was.
Ryan Kesler: You guys heard it from our GM and Coach. We still need to work these lines and find out who connects. This team is made of a lot of guys that aren't used to playing with each other. Due to the offseason moves that were needed for this team, we still need time to figure out who plays well with who. The performance from each player I feel is good, yeah we have been taking some bad penalties, but it's part of the game. All we need right now, is to find out who plays well with who.

-Third Period Summary -
Goal, 15:34, Flyers, Scored on the powerplay by Jakub Voracek - Assisted by Claude Giroux and Vincent Lecavalier (1-4)

- Penalties -
0:42, Flyers, Luke Schenn, 2 Minutes for Hooking.
2:46, Flyers, Luke Schenn, 2 Minutes for Hooking.
5:30, Panthers, Rene Bourque, 2 Minutes for Tripping.
14:12, Zack Kassian, 2 Minutes for Hooking.

(End of the third and Philly wins the game in a dominating fashion of a 4-1 game. Florida outshot the Flyers this period, but couldn't get the puck past S. Mason who made 37/38 saves to pick up the victory for his team. )

We weren't able to get any words from T.Baker after the game, as he seems to be staying low from the media. T.Baker joined the team back in August, and was looking to bring a team together that would push for the Playoffs. After losing the last three, T.Baker needs to find a way to get a win under his teams belt and boost some offense into the team

- Three Stars of the Game -
1st Star - J. Voracek (Phi - RW) 1G, 1A, 2Pts
2nd Star - A. MacDonald (Phi - D) 0G, 1A, 1Pt
3rd Star - V. Lecavalier (Phi - LW) 0G, 1A, 1 Pt
Old 04-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #11
TBiz
Major Leagues

- OVERVIEW -
Panthers are now 0-3-0 and are looking for some serious help. Currently they're last in their division and have been outshot every game. They have a 8 GF and 14 GA which explains why they can't get a "W" on the board. T.Baker's only move to the line ups going into their last road game before getting to perform on home ice is moving N. Zherdev to the second line with N. Kadri and T. Toffoli. and moving B.Boyes back to the first line.

First Line:
Left Wing: J. Huberdeau Center: R. Kesler Right Wing: B. Boyes
Second Line:
Left Wing: T. Toffoli Center: N. Kadri Right Wing: N. Zherdev
Third Line:
Left Wing: R. Bourque Center: D. Shore Right Wing: Z. Kassian
Fourth Line:
Left Wing: T. Fleischmann Center: G. Rallo Right Wing: S. Upshall

- Games -
Florida Panthers (0-3-0, 0pts) Vs Tampa Bay Lightning(2-1-0, 4pts)
Attendance : 18,059

T.Baker was actually available for a quick interview. The game was about to start by we got the following question in "How are you feeling about tonight's match-up with Tampa?":
T.Baker: I know everyone's a little upset how we have started this season off. The players, myself and the fans are really disappointed, but it's also a hard time starting on the road for four straight games. Tonight will be another battle against the home team's fans, along with a strong team in front of us. All we can do is get out there and play how we know we can and hopefully we will get the win and go home with at least momentum for our two home ice games.

- First Period Summary -
GOAL, 1:52, Panthers - Scored on the powerplay by Nazem Kadri - Assisted by Ryan Kesler and Nikolai Zherdev (1-0)
GOAL, 13:58, Tampa - Scored by Victor Hedman - Assisted by Valtteri Filppula and Ondrej Palat (1-1)
GOAL, 18:20, Tampa - Scored by Ondrej Palat - Assisted by Nikita Kucherov and Eric Brewer (1-2)

- Penalties -
1:20, Tampa, Keith Aulie - 2 Minutes for Tripping

(End of the first Florida was able to outshoot Tampa Bay 15-12, though the score board was on Tampa's side. Florida jumped into the quick lead. Tampa was able to tie it up and the fans rallied behind them. Tampa leads 2-1 after the first period. )

No Scoring in the second period...

- Penalties -
12:20, Tampa, Nikita Kucherov - 2 Minutes Holding.

(The second period was a scoreless one, but Florida was all over Tampa Bay. The final shots were 13-5 for the Panthers, but still unable to get that offensive they need to work for them on the score board.)

-Third Period Summary -
GOAL, 11:06, Tampa - Scored by Ryan Malone - Assisted by Teddy Purcell and Steven Stamkos (1-3)

- Penalties -
0:20, Tampa, Victor Hedman - 2 Minutes for Hi-Sticking.
4:02, Tampa, Victor Hedman - 5 Minutes for Fighting.
4:02, Panthers, Zack Kassian - 5 Minutes for Fighting.
4:22, Tampa, Radko Gudas - 5 Minutes for Illegal Check to the Head.
14:32, Panthers, Brad Boyes - 2 Minutes for Cross-Checking.
18:02, Panthers, Rene Bourque - 2 Minutes for Interference.

(Things got pretty physical in the third as Florida and Tampa Bay had shown there's some bad blood between the teams. Tampa Bay were able to score the insurance goal to take this victory 3-1. The tension between the teams in that third period shows that next meeting between these teams will be nothing less then what we seen here tonight. Tampa Bay was outshot this game 35-29, but still managed to come out with the victory.)

T.Baker had no chance of getting away from the media this time, as we seen a very angry T.Baker for the first time.
T.Baker: Tampa Bay had some cheap shots on us here tonight. The team performance was low and I am assuming because of the losing streak we have been on. That isn't an excuse in this one! We had the chances to beat these guys on the score board and no one could finish. Kadri has proven in these past loses that he can score, but we need the team to follow suit. Right now, I am disappointed.

1st Star - O. Palat (Tampa - LW) 1G, 1A, 2Pts
2nd Star - N. Kadri (Fla - C) 1G, 0A, 1Pt
3rd Star - R. Kesler (Fla - LW) 0G, 1A, 1 Pt
Old 04-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #12
TBiz
Major Leagues

- OVERVIEW -
Well The Florida Panthers hope that home ice gives them a better showing, as they're 0-4-0 after being on the road. Florida's Goals for are now 9 and Goals against is 17. The team needs answers quickly before T.Baker finds himself fired before he even had a chance to start. The lines will need adjusting as N. Kadri took that blow to the head in the 3rd Period from Tampa Bay's Illegal Head shot by Radko Gudas. Kadri will miss 22 Days.

First Line:
Left Wing: T. Fleischmann Center: R. Kesler Right Wing: B. Boyes
Second Line:
Left Wing: J. Huberdeau Center: D. Shore Right Wing: N. Zherdev
Third Line:
Left Wing: T. Toffoli Center: G. Rallo Right Wing: S. Upshall
Fourth Line:
Left Wing: R Bourque Center: S. Abbott Right Wing: Z. Kassian

First Line Defence:
J. Muzzin and D. Doughty
E. Gudbranson and T. Gilbert
J. Gardiner and C. Robak
- Games -
Pittsburgh Penguins (1-1-1, 3pts) Vs Florida Panthers (0-4-0, 0pts)
Attendance : 16,739

Finally the Florida Panthers will get a chance to play in front of the home crowd for the first time this season. The teams playing Pittsburgh, whose also been on a slump. Florida looks to use home ice advantage to earn their first win of the season, as no interviews were made before this one started.

- First Period Summary -
No Scoring in the first period....

- Penalties -
5:04, Panthers, Colby Robak - 2 Minutes for Holding.
12:24, Penguins, Evgeni Malkin - 2 Minutes for Holding.
14:58, Panthers, Zack Kassian - 2 Minutes for Inference.

(A scoreless first period after one. Florida were able to outshoot the high offensive Penguins 9-6 in the first. )

GOAL, 9:32, Penguins - Scored by on the powerplay Evgeni Malkin - Assisted by Sidney Crosby and James Neal (1-0)
GOAL, 17:24, Penguins - Scored by James Neal - Assisted by Sidney Crosby (2-0)

- Penalties -
9:04, Panthers, Scottie Upshall - 2 Minutes for Holding.
10:16, Panthers, Rene Bourque - 2 Minutes for Holding.
12:38, Penguins, Sidney Crosby - 2 Minutes for High-Sticking.

(The second period was a disaster for the Florida Panthers giving up a powerplay goal and an even strength goal on home ice. Also because of having the two penalties, they allowed the Penguins to out shoot them 11-8 going into the third period down by two.)

-Third Period Summary -
GOAL, 2:40, Panthers - Scored by Zack Kassian - Assisted by Erik Gudbranson and Rene Bourque (2-1)
GOAL, 3:02, Penguins - Scored by Marcel Goc - Assisted by Taylor Pyatt and Lee Stempniak (3-1)
GOAL, 9:20, Panthers - Scored by Rene Bourque - Assisted by Zack Kassian and Jake Gardiner (3-2)
GOAL, 17:42, Panthers - Jonathan Huberdeau - Assisted by Drew Shore and Drew Doughty (3-3)

- Penalties -
19:14, Panthers, Drew Shore - 2 Minutes for Goalie Interference.

(We seen a spark in offense by the Panthers that we hadnèt seen these past few games, as they were able to come back from a 2-0 deficit to tie the game at the end of the third 3-3. The shots were even at 11 going into the overtime period.

- Overtime Period Summary -
No one scored in the OT period. OFF TO THE SHOOTOUT!

- Shoot out Summary -
Shooter One, Penguins, Pascal Dupuis - Missed the net (0-0)
Shooter One, Panthers, Brad Boyes - SCORES (0-1)
Shooter Two, Penguins, Evgeni Malkin - SCORES (1-1)
Shooter Two, Panthers, Ryan Kesler - Missed the net (1-1)
Shooter Three, Penguins, Sidney Crosby - SCORES (2-1)
Shooter Three, Panthers, Rene Bourque - Missed the net (2-1)

(After a long game and a huge come back, the Florida Panthers dropped the game in their first shootout contest. The final score 4-3 Penguins. The Panthers had the Penguins worried in the OT period as they outshot the Penguins 7-3, but Fleury was able to hold them off. Panthers outshot the Penguins in the game 35-31 and lost at home to now drop 0-4-1. Though it was a losing effort, they picked up their first point.)

1st Star - S. Crosby (Pit - C) 0G, 2A, 2Pts
2nd Star - Z. Kassian (Fla - RW) 1G, 1A, 2Pts
3rd Star - R. Bourque (Fla - LW) 1G, 1A, 2Pts
Old 04-29-2014, 12:52 AM   #13
TBiz
Major Leagues

- OVERVIEW -
The Florida Panthers now winless in 5 games are under the fire as the team, goaltending and staff of the team aren't performing to the levels expected. The trading block has some promising players on the market, as T.Baker may need to consider making a few moves to boost his team's offense. Down the stretch we will keep an eye on the teams progression.
- Staff Signings / Firings - |
{14/10/2013} Hiring of Assistant Coach Matvei Mytnikov
{14/10/2013} Firing of Assistant Coach John Madden
{13/10/2013} Hiring of Assistant Coach Dave Gagner
{13/10/2013} Firing of Assistant Coach Robb Tallas

- Trades -
{11/10/2013}
The Florida Panthers trade struggling 29 Yr old LW, Tomas Fleischmann
A 7th Round Draft pick in 2016
and the Rights to 19 Yr old LW, Christopher Clapperton
in return, the Boston Bruins send struggling
28 Yr old LW, Loui Eriksson.

{14/10/2013}
Panthers send 23 Yr old Defensemen, Jake Gardiner
in return, Anaheim sends 27 Yr old Defensemen, Mark Fistric
{17/10/2013}
Florida trades 30 Yr old RW, Scottie Upshall, a 6th round draft pick in the 2016 Draft, and the rights to 19 Yr old Defenseman, Mike Matheson.
The Buffalo Sabres send 25 Yr old RW, Chris Stewart in return.

First Line:
Second Line:
Left Wing: L. Eriksson Center: D. Shore Right Wing: S. Abbott
Third Line:
Left Wing: R. Bourque Center: G. Rallo Right Wing: C. Stewart
Fourth Line:
Left Wing: T. Toffoli Center: N. Zherdev Right Wing: Z. Kassian

First Line Defence:
E. Gudbranson and D. Doughty
J. Muzzin and T. Gilbert
M. Fistric and C. Robak
- Games -
{13/10/2013} Home Team: Florida Panthers (0-4-1 1pt) Vs Away Team: Los Angeles Kings (3-2-0 6pts)
(LA Kings win the game 3-1, Shots were 40-27 in favor of the Florida Panthers)
Kings J. Quick made 39/40 saves to gain the victory.

{13/10/2013} Home Team: Nashville Predators (3-2-0 6pts) Vs Away Team: Florida Panthers (0-5-1 1pt)
(Predators win 2-0, outshooting the Panthers 35-26.)
P. Rinne saved all 26 shots made on him for the victory.

{17/10/2013} Home Team: Florida Panthers (0-6-1 1pt) Vs Away Team: Boston Bruins (4-1-0 8pts)
(Boston Bruins make easy work of the Panthers 6-1. Florida outshot Boston 38-31 in the losing affair)
C. Johnson made 37/38 saves to win the game.

{19/10/2013} Home Team: Florida Panthers (4-3-1 9 pts) Vs Away Team: Minnesota Wild (0-7-1 1pt)
(Florida finally wins their first game, winning 3-2! The Panthers were outshot 32-28.)
C. Price made 30/32 to earn his first victory this season.

{22/10/2013} Home Team: Florida Panthers (1-7-1 3pts) Vs Away Team: Chicago Blackhawks (5-2-1 11pts)
(Scoreless til the third period, the Florida Panthers were able to defeat the Blackhawks 3-1, despite being outshot 38-21)
C. Price earns his second win straight making 37/38 saves.

{25/10/2013} Home Team: Florida Panthers (2-7-1 5pts) Vs Away Team: Buffalo Sabres (7-4-0 14pts)
(Florida continues their success on heavy hitting teams, as they defeat the Buffalo Sabres 8-3, despite being outshot again 41-32.)
C. Price made 38/41 saves to get his 3rd straight victory!

- TEAM OVERVIEW -
(Florida's have shown life as they are undefeated in their last 3 game. Their current record stands at 3-7-1 with 7pts.)

Top 5 Point Leaders for Florida
RW C. Stewart leads the team in points (12GP - 4G, 5A, 9pts) (4GP - 0G, 1A, 1pt with Florida)
LW R. Bourque (11GP - 4G, 3A, 7pts)
RW S. Abbott (8GP - 2G, 5A, 7pts)
RD T. Gilbert (11GP - 1G, 6A, 7pts)
LW J. Huberdeau (11GP - 4G, 2A, 6pts)
Old 04-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #14
TBiz
Major Leagues

First Line:
Second Line:
Left Wing: L. Eriksson Center: D. Shore Right Wing: S. Abbott
Third Line:
Left Wing: R. Bourque Center: G. Rallo Right Wing: C. Stewart
Fourth Line:
Left Wing: T. Toffoli Center: N. Zherdev Right Wing: Z. Kassian

First Line Defense:
E. Gudbranson and D. Doughty
Second Line Defense
J. Muzzin and T. Gilbert
Third Line Defense
M. Fistric and C. Robak

- Games -
Home Team: Florida Panthers (3-7-1 7pts) Vs Away Team: Tampa Bay Lightning (7-2-1 15pts)
Attendance for the game: 16,030

- PRE GAME OVERVIEW -
The Florida Panthers have won 3 straight since they have faced the Tampa Bay Lighting. The Lightning team has done very well in the early going posting a 7-2-1 record. They're goals for are 39 and goals against are 31. Though their Powerplay needs work, as it's only 24%, their PK looks good at 79%.
They will be facing a hungry Florida team that has tasted what victory feels like. The teams goals for has hurt so far this season, but with the last three games they have pushed their goals for to 28. Tehir goals against right now are 37. Not only that, their Powerplay continues to struggle as they're only 16% successful this season. Their PK unit has done well, as it's a 81% effectiveness. That being said, they also have been taking a lot of bad penalties in the stretch. The last meeting between these teams was Oct.10th where Tampa Bay came out on top 3-1. Florida hopes to get some sweet revenge here tonight and even out this series.

- First Period Summary -
Tampa Bay Lightning 01 - Florida Panthers 03
Shots on Goal: Tampa Bay: 09 - Florida Panthers 15
Florida Goal Scored by Spencer Abbott. Assisted by Erik Gudbranson & Drew Doughty @ 2:30 (0-1).
Tampa Bay Goal Scored by Nikita Kucherov. Assisted by Valtteri Filppula & Matt Carle @ 3:24 (1-1).
Florida Goal Scored by Ryan Kesler on the powerplay. Assisted by Chris Stewart & Nikolai Zherdev @ 6:28 (1-2).
Florida Goal Scored by Chris Stewart. Assisted by Colby Robak & Rene Bourque @ 7:38 (1-3).

- First Period Penalty Summary -
Florida's Erik Gudbranson, 5 Minutes for Fighting @ 5:20.
Tampa Bay's Victor Hedman, 5 Minutes for Fighting @ 5:20.
Tampa Bay's Radko Gudas, 2 Minutes for Tripping @ 5:24.
Florida's Jake Muzzin, 2 Minutes for Roughing @ 9:32.
Tampa Bay's Victor Hedman, 10 Minute Misconduct @ 16:28.
Tampa Bay's Radko Gudas, 2 Minutes for Roughing @ 18:42.

- FIRST PERIOD OVERVIEW -
The Panthers came out to prove a point and took the first period away from Tampa Bay. As we expected, the physical play here tonight has continued from their last meeting. Florida has already even the odds from last game, as they're the ones leading 3-1 at the end of the first. Only question now, is if they can hold it.

Tampa Bay 02 - Florida Panthers 03
Shots on Goal after two periods: Tampa Bay 20 - Florida Panthers 25
Tampa Bay Goal Scored by Teddy Purcell on the powerplay. Assisted by Radko Gudas and Matt Carle @ 7:38 (2-3).

- Second Period Penalty Summary -
Florida's Erik Gudbranson, 5 Minutes for Fighting @ 3:36.
Tampa Bay's B.J Crombeen, 5 Minutes for Fighting @ 3:36.
Florida's Rene Bourque, 2 Minutes for Interference @ 6:04.

- SECOND PERIOD OVERVIEW -
Another big period, as only Tampa Bay had a goal in the period allowing Florida to keep the lead going into the third period. Florida's now 3-0 when leading into the third. The ending of this game should be promising. We had a chance to catch up with Teddy Purcell to get his thought on what his team needs to do for the third.

Tyler Purcell: We need to come out strong and get a quick one on these guys. They're a good team, no matter what their record shows. Seems they've finally got something clicking and it's showing out there. All we need to do is continue to play hard on them, get a quick third period goal, and we will be back in this.

- Third Period Period Summary -
Tampa Bay 04 - Florida Panthers 06
Shots on Goal after three periods: Tampa Bay 29 - Florida Panthers 41
Tampa Bay Goal Scored by Teddy Purchell, his second of the game. Assisted by Keith Aulie & Eric Brewer @ 2:08 (3-3).
Florida Goal Scored by Ryan Kesler his second of the game & on the powerplay. Assisted by Chris Stewart @ 10:50 (3-4).
Tampa Bay Goal Scored by Radko Gudas. Assisted by Nikita Kucherov @ 12:28 (4-4).
Florida Goal Scored by Mark Fistric. Assisted by Colby Robak & Specer Abbott @ 13:30 (4-5).
Florida Goal Scored by Jonathan Huberdeau. Assisted by Brad Boyes & Ryan Kesler @ 14:18 (4-6).

- Third Period Penalty Summary -
Tampa Bay's Alex Killorn, 2 Minutes for Roughing @ 8:50.
Tampa Bay's Victor Hedman, 2 Minutes for Delay of Game - Puck over glass @ 18:28.

- END OF GAME OVERVIEW -
The Florida Panthers make it four straight as they have defeated the red hot Tampa Bay Lightning 6-4 here tonight. C. Price earning his fourth win of the seasons making 25/29 saves here tonight. We got to speak with the goaltender on the teams recent success lately.

Carey Price: The teams clicking for sure. I'm not going to lie, I had my doubts for a moment there [Laughs]. Seriously though, we have some hard working players here. All these guys want to win not for themselves, but for the fans watching them, and for our new GM/Coach. T. Baker isn't a Legend or well brought up name that people know. He's new to the NHL and young. He's learning as we're learning from him. I feel the team's only started. I feel the team we have here can make it to the playoffs this year with hard work and determination. We have all of that here.

1st Star - C. Stewart (Fla - RW) 1G, 2A, 3Pts
2nd Star - R. Kesler (Fla - C) 2G, 1A, 3Pts
3rd Star - N. Kucherov (TBL - RW) 1G, 1A, 2Pts
Old 04-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #15
TBiz
Major Leagues

First Line:
Left Wing: T. Toffoli Center: J. Toews Right Wing: C. Stewart
Defense Pairings: E. Gudbanson & Drew Doughty
Second Line:
Left Wing: R. Bourque Center: R. Kesler Right Wing: A. Burrows
Defense Pairings: J. Muzzin and E. Jovanovski
[U}Third Line:[/U]
Left Wing: L. Eriksson Center: A. Barkov Right Wing: Z. Kassian
Defense Pairings: M. Fistric & T. Gilbertt
Fourth Line:
Left Wing: B. Bickell Center: N. Bjugstad Right Wing: B. Boyes

- TEAM OVERVIEW -
The Panthers team came together after a few departures from the team. A few of those players were as followed: Kadri, Zherdev, Huberdeau, A couple top prospects and a 1st round draft pick for the upcoming Draft. In return Florida brought in J. Toews, B. Bickell, and A. Burrows. The three including the remaining Florida Panthers blew away the competition and finish the regular season 45-32-5 with 95pts. The finished second in their division, 5pts behind Tampa and finished in 5th place in their conference. They managed to get that offense burst as they had 241 GF and 228 GA.

The Top 5 Offensive Threats for Florida were:
1. J.Toews G: 27 A: 45 Pts: 72 +/-: +15 PIM: 21 PPG: 10 PPA: 18 SHG 01 SHA 02
2. C. Stewart G: 38 A: 28 Pts: 66 +/-: 0 PIM: 163 PPG: 10 PPA: 10 SHG: 0 SHA:0
3. R. Kesler G: 27 A: 27 Pts: 54 +/-: -7 PIM: 14 PPG: 13 PPA: 14 SHG:01 SHA: 0
4. T. Toffoli G: 24 A: 24 Pts: 48 +/-: +2 PIM: 06 PPG: 06 PPA: 06 SHG: 0 SHA: 0
5. D. Doughty G: 08 A: 39 Pts: 47 +/-: +20 PIM: 08 PPG: 03 PPA: 09 SHG: 0 SHA: 03

The Goalie stats for the Florida Panthers were as followed:
Carey Price: W: 45 L: 31 OT: 05 SA: 2,515 GA: 223 GAA: 2.73 SO: 6 SV: 2,292 SV%: .911 TOI: 4,906
Scott Clemmensen: W: 0 L: 01 OT: 0 SA: 33 GA: 05 GAA: 5.00 SO: 0 SV: 28 SV%: .848 TOI: 60

The Florida Panthers will face The Washington Capitals in the first round of the playoffs!
Old 05-01-2014, 02:31 AM   #16
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBiz View Post
4:22, Tampa, Radko Gudas - 5 Minutes for Illegal Check to the Head.
Nice to see the game has no problems with accuracy when modeling Gudas.

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #17
TBiz
Major Leagues

haha. no kidding.
that's okay. I thought a guy that gets a 10 min penalty got kicked out of the game... apparently not
Old 05-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #18
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

You'd think a major penalty of that nature would warrant a 10 minute game misconduct But apparently not in this case. Weird.

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote