Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

Old 06-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
karnage420
Bat Boy

Major issues preventing this from being good.

Im kinda sad i spent money on this considering some clear and obvious issues exist.

Primarily, I dont think the CBA was even read or applied to this game.

Waivers - players arent subjected to waivers during the season? i can seemingly call up and drop down whoever i want, whenever i want.

Non Pro-Rated Salary cap. My free cap space at the start of the season is the same as it is in February. THIS IS WRONG. Free cap space is recalculated daily and at any point in the season is different that it is at the start. THIS IS CRUCIAL.

Players still count towards the cap when they are on AHL teams.

nothing about this game is true to the current CBA.

the game engine is fine, but this had so much potential.

1/5
good try.

hopefully this can be addressed and become a solid 5/5
Old 06-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
Nuk
Minors (Triple A)

Beta - Definition

I have to put players on waivers during the season. Don't know about you.

Players counting towards the cap on AHL teams. This is now correct (for one-way-deals) based on the most recent CBA - you can no longer bury contracts in the minors.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
karnage420
Bat Boy

fair, now what about pro-rating the salary cap?
Old 06-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
MrSmooth
Minors (Single A)

You do realize this is a beta version right? As in not completed yet?
Old 06-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
karnage420
Bat Boy

great, another post about it being in beta. thanks tips.

Salary cap pro rating? is it being worked on? discussed? ignored?

Also: trading is cumbersome. why do i have to re-add the players every time i switch teams im offering it to?
Old 06-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
jayze302
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnage420 View Post
great, another post about it being in beta. thanks tips.

Also: trading is cumbersome. why do i have to re-add the players every time i switch teams im offering it to?
All things that have already been mentioned on the forum (you can do some simple searches to find them). I think people keep trying to tell you this is still the BETA is because of the attitude you are coming across with. It almost seems like you think these things should have already been fixed... But that is the whole point of the BETA process, to find things that are not yet working correctly and get them working before the actual release.

To say this is only a 1/5 is like saying my cake is a 1/5 before I even put it in the oven. It isn't even worth comparing since it isn't even close to being done yet.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
stephen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

BECAUSE ITS IN BETA.

Seriously dude, get it in to your head that the game is not fully developed and things will change based on proper feed back. Asking why you have to do something is utterly redundant at this point.

You're going to be one of these people who is going to complain if they introduce player photos and one doesn't have exactly the right amount of facial hair arn't you.

There are vastly more important things they have to deal with in the game right now than having to re-add players. Thats petty stuff. Crashes, game balance, game slowing down, inability to create drafts, etc etc etc are way up the priority list.

Last edited by stephen; 06-12-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
karnage420
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
BECAUSE ITS IN BETA.

Seriously dude, get it in to your head that the game is not fully developed and things will change based on proper feed back. Asking why you have to do something is utterly redundant at this point.

You're going to be one of these people who is going to complain if they introduce player photos and one doesn't have exactly the right amount of facial hair arn't you.

There are vastly more important things they have to deal with in the game right now than having to re-add players. Thats petty stuff. Crashes, game balance, game slowing down, inability to create drafts, etc etc etc are way up the priority list.

you are beyond stupid.

why do you think im even posting here? i know its in beta, im giving feedback.

BUT WAIT ITS IN BETA WHY AM I EVEN GIVING MY FEEDBACK?! OMG WHY WOULD I DO THAT?

seriously, 5 posts saying its in beta. not one from the devs saying they acknowledge/think its a problem/is being worked on/is not being worked on.

Im not here to be schooled on what a beta is, im here to deliver my feedback. is that ok with you?

Whats the point in giving feedback if every idiot on here is going to just reply with BUT IS IN BETA LEAVE IT ALONE OMG ITS IN BETA YOU IDIOT BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA
Old 06-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #9
dannibalcorpse
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
you are beyond stupid.

why do you think im even posting here? i know its in beta, im giving feedback.

BUT WAIT ITS IN BETA WHY AM I EVEN GIVING MY FEEDBACK?! OMG WHY WOULD I DO THAT?

seriously, 5 posts saying its in beta. not one from the devs saying they acknowledge/think its a problem/is being worked on/is not being worked on.

Im not here to be schooled on what a beta is, im here to deliver my feedback. is that ok with you?

Whats the point in giving feedback if every idiot on here is going to just reply with BUT IS IN BETA LEAVE IT ALONE OMG ITS IN BETA YOU IDIOT BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA
i don't think anyone's saying you don't have a right to give your feedback, but i think the reason you're getting the whole "it's in beta" speech from everyone is because you opened your criticism by saying you feel like you wasted your money on the game, which gives off the air of expecting the game to be fully complete.

that being said, i think the issues you are talking about line up with some of the stuff i've seen the devs talk about here. the rosters for now have just been updated as transactions happen and i feel that's about it - i'm sure that the intricacies of the nhl salary cap/waivers system will be accurately reflected eventually.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #10
karnage420
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannibalcorpse View Post
i don't think anyone's saying you don't have a right to give your feedback, but i think the reason you're getting the whole "it's in beta" speech from everyone is because you opened your criticism by saying you feel like you wasted your money on the game, which gives off the air of expecting the game to be fully complete.

that being said, i think the issues you are talking about line up with some of the stuff i've seen the devs talk about here. the rosters for now have just been updated as transactions happen and i feel that's about it - i'm sure that the intricacies of the nhl salary cap/waivers system will be accurately reflected eventually.
excellent

looking forward to continuing to support the devs with my feedback.