Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:19 PM   #1
Jakeydude18
Minors (Single A)

Creating a schedule

Is there any way where I can schedule teams to have between 2 and 3 games per week? Under the default format, my 32 game schedule is played within one month. I want it to be played over the course of 2-3 months.

Is there any way to set this up without having to manually enter each game into the schedule?
Jakeydude18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:48 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Would have to be created manually, however if you go to the Mods Forum, then the "Schedules" subforum, there is a sticky thread at the top with a lot of custom made schedules available for download. There may well be something there to meet your needs.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ods-schedules/
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:55 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

If it's small and simple, just make one yourself... after you know how to do it you can make simple ones in a matter of minutes... typing it all into the schedule creator spreadsheet is the time-consuming part, lol.

i have a post in my history that will show you how to easily create matchups without painting yourself i a corner, if you do end up making one yourself. i use the schedule generator by bigrod in teh mods section at least 1 a year.

my old post steps through a systematic process of rotating the teams so that you don't end up with matchup problems as your choices dwindle for each team. search for "schedule matchups" maybe... i only have 2000 posts it wont take you long

i.e. you end up with teams that have no viable counterparts becaues they've already played the available teams the # of games required (relative to a specifc range of days, of course).

it's best to work out the matchups before creating the schedule. i typically work out 1 cycle. then take that same cycle and flip home and away and repeat it to fill out the rest - 1/4th of the work needed.

a cycle = a team plays all the required matchups 1 time - proportionately. (so with uneven series and intereage, you may need to do something more intricate than what my previous post shows for creating matchups)

so, a cycle encompasses all the in division, out of division and interleague matchups. (maybe 1 for all, but in some situations you may need to do somethign else that rotates in and out... copy paste becomes more difficult but still viable with minor edits)

some thigns make this more complicated to break up evenly.... as long as the setup isn't too odd, it should be easy to work out.

the trick is to break the season in 1/4ths or 1/6ths or 1/even# and then you can simply copy paste and swap home/away.... you don't typically have to make a 162 game schedule, but rather some portion of it that can repeat X times.

if something like interleague is really small, then maybe it's own cycle section that you weave into or between the other cycles... etc etc...

Last edited by NoOne; 02-24-2017 at 07:56 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote