Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:05 AM   #1
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Indianapolis Stadium

Looking for ideas for a Stadium Name for my Indianapolis Racers franchise. Anyone from the area or familiar with it that would have a good suggestion?

Don't really care to go the corporate route, something about the city/history maybe?

Thanks for any/all ideas.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:45 AM   #2
TC Dale
Global Moderator

In some other personal games in the past, when I had an Indy team, I called the stadium The Brickyards in honor of the Indianapolis 500. Since you are using the Racer nickname, it might be a nice choice or a jumping off point to inspire another name or so.

Good Luck!
TC Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:47 AM   #3
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Oscar Charleston immediately springs to mind.

Bush Stadium was the long-time old home of baseball in Indianapolis

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:14 AM   #4
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Dale View Post
In some other personal games in the past, when I had an Indy team, I called the stadium The Brickyards in honor of the Indianapolis 500. Since you are using the Racer nickname, it might be a nice choice or a jumping off point to inspire another name or so.

Good Luck!
I second The Brickyard.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #5
cmaug
Major Leagues

A 3rd for The Brickyard
cmaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:16 AM   #6
VARoadstter
Minors (Triple A)

How about - Hoosier Daddy

VARoadstter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:21 PM   #7
catcherjul
Major Leagues

Dow AgroSciences

This is the name I chose for my fictional league. Its a very big company that make around 6-8 billion $$$ per year based in Indianapolis
catcherjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:55 PM   #8
petrovnik
Bat Boy

Rough ideas off the top of my head:

The Indians play at Victory Field, so that would be an option.

You have several options for local geographical features: Victory Field (and Lucas Oil Stadium) are situated near the White River State Park (and, obviously, the White River, which cuts across the city). There is also the large Eagle Creek Reservoir on the northwest side of the city and a fairly elaborate canal system that runs from Victory Field/the NCAA offices/the state museum on the southside up through the northside of the city. Any of those could work for local geographical markers.

On the west side of the city is a town called Speedway, if you wanted something racing themed but not tied directly to the IMS.

If you change your mind on corporate sponsorship, Eli Lilly is one of the largest employers and would make at least a classy sounding stadium name.

The Bayh family (pronounced "buy") is a political dynasty in the state, including governor and the U.S. Senate if you'd like it named after a prominent local figure(s).

Indy's nickname is the "circle city" (which also is the basis for its very respectable city flag) due to the large Monument Circle in the heart of downtown. I have a league based on city high schools that culminates in the Circle City Series.

Indiana is also known as the crossroads of America, and Indianapolis sits nearly dead center in the state. Crossroads Field/Park/Stadium might make sense, and also have a more subtle driving theme to it.
petrovnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:11 AM   #9
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I use Lucas Oil Stadium for my Arrows, now called the Racers for MLB 2025. Kev24Fan edited this, i think. Kingdome.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:37 AM   #10
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovnik View Post
Rough ideas off the top of my head:

The Indians play at Victory Field, so that would be an option.

You have several options for local geographical features: Victory Field (and Lucas Oil Stadium) are situated near the White River State Park (and, obviously, the White River, which cuts across the city). There is also the large Eagle Creek Reservoir on the northwest side of the city and a fairly elaborate canal system that runs from Victory Field/the NCAA offices/the state museum on the southside up through the northside of the city. Any of those could work for local geographical markers.

On the west side of the city is a town called Speedway, if you wanted something racing themed but not tied directly to the IMS.

If you change your mind on corporate sponsorship, Eli Lilly is one of the largest employers and would make at least a classy sounding stadium name.

The Bayh family (pronounced "buy") is a political dynasty in the state, including governor and the U.S. Senate if you'd like it named after a prominent local figure(s).

Indy's nickname is the "circle city" (which also is the basis for its very respectable city flag) due to the large Monument Circle in the heart of downtown. I have a league based on city high schools that culminates in the Circle City Series.

Indiana is also known as the crossroads of America, and Indianapolis sits nearly dead center in the state. Crossroads Field/Park/Stadium might make sense, and also have a more subtle driving theme to it.
Thanks for this info. So I did some digging on the whole "Circle City" thing ( The Circle City: An Indianapolis Tradition - FunCityFinder ) and decided to use "Monument Field" in Honour of the War Museum and Sailors Monument.
Thanks all for the feedback.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 05-11-2016 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:23 AM   #11
risp2out
All Star Reserve

the Quarry (in honor of the "cutters")
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:55 PM   #12
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

How about

Pit Row?
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:21 PM   #13
joshuar9476
Minors (Triple A)

I live in Indiana just south of Indianapolis. What most people here have said is correct. For years and years the local team played at Owen J Bush Stadium. It was originally called Perry Stadium for the owner at the time. Before that they were located at Washington Park.There was talk in the early 80s of a pro team playing at the Hoosier Dome (later called the RCA Dome) of Colts fame. Finally the team moved to a brand new stadium, Victory Field in downtown Indy.

That covers the history of ballparks in Indianapolis. Now, you could use the Brickyard moniker. I actually like that too. Gov Frank O'Bannon was a popular Governor that died in office in 2003. The Indianapolis Racers actually played their games at the Pacer's Market Square Arena. The Colts play at Lucas Oil Stadium while the Pacers now play at Banker's Life Fieldhouse. The Indiana Hoosiers play baseball at Bart Kaufman Field. The Purdue Boilermakers play at Alexander Field.

Finally, Indianapolis has historically been known as Naptown, The Circle City, and the Crossroads of America. It is located in Marion County.

Edit: Aaaaaand I just saw you went with Monument Field after the beautiful Soldiers and Sailors Monument on the circle. That seems perfect.

Last edited by joshuar9476; 05-11-2016 at 01:24 PM.
joshuar9476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #14
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuar9476 View Post
I live in Indiana just south of Indianapolis. What most people here have said is correct. For years and years the local team played at Owen J Bush Stadium. It was originally called Perry Stadium for the owner at the time. Before that they were located at Washington Park.There was talk in the early 80s of a pro team playing at the Hoosier Dome (later called the RCA Dome) of Colts fame. Finally the team moved to a brand new stadium, Victory Field in downtown Indy.

That covers the history of ballparks in Indianapolis. Now, you could use the Brickyard moniker. I actually like that too. Gov Frank O'Bannon was a popular Governor that died in office in 2003. The Indianapolis Racers actually played their games at the Pacer's Market Square Arena. The Colts play at Lucas Oil Stadium while the Pacers now play at Banker's Life Fieldhouse. The Indiana Hoosiers play baseball at Bart Kaufman Field. The Purdue Boilermakers play at Alexander Field.

Finally, Indianapolis has historically been known as Naptown, The Circle City, and the Crossroads of America. It is located in Marion County.

Edit: Aaaaaand I just saw you went with Monument Field after the beautiful Soldiers and Sailors Monument on the circle. That seems perfect.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. When you get right down to it, there's a lot of good choices that could be made for a name.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:16 PM   #15
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Blue, Silvams fictional set has some really cool retro style parks.
I use this as Alamo Field. Looks like a pitchers heaven.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

"Stay Strong"

Old 05-11-2016, 08:07 PM   #16
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Indy is interesting (I live here) as it has the second most war monuments in the United States (#1 being D.C.). Great choice on the name!
Old 05-13-2016, 06:52 PM   #17
Greenbay
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Looking for ideas for a Stadium Name for my Indianapolis Racers franchise. Anyone from the area or familiar with it that would have a good suggestion?

Don't really care to go the corporate route, something about the city/history maybe?

Thanks for any/all ideas.
I'm playing as Padres GM. In my league the Arizona Diamondbacks moved to Indianapolis in 2017 and became the Cannons. Their stadium is Indianapolis Fields.
Greenbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:17 PM   #18
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
I have relocated the white sox there became the Indianapolis Racers okay in Indy 500 stadium

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:55 PM   #19
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
I have relocated the white sox there became the Indianapolis Racers okay in Indy 500 stadium

"Stay Strong"

Old 05-13-2016, 10:24 PM   #20
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Sorry bro but there can only be one team and Chicago and Cubs have a more historical stadium

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote