Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 03-21-2016, 11:34 PM   #61
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Posted in the regular bug thread, but maybe this should go here:

This is an issue in historical games with real minors.

There are three big problems here:
1) 1971 was a gap year due to injury for Rico Carty, but he imports as a free agent. Gap years should be fixed so that the player is on his correct historical team. Ideally, he would import to the DL, but even if he were just on the team (Atlanta, in Carty's case), it would be better.

2) As you can see, the minor league team paid an outrageous amount ($500,000 is well over what Pete Rose, Bob Gibson, Johnny Bench, et al are making in the game).

3) After Washington purchased his contract (which, in and of itself is fine, I think), they are paying him the league minimum. So, they didn't really purchase his contract at all, or they would be paying his contract. (That is a problem.)
Attached Images
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:38 AM   #62
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

A quick fix for contract purchasing: if the player's current-year salary is greater than or equal to the purchasing team's league minimum salary, the contract should not revert to a MiLC.
bwburke94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:51 AM   #63
GoBucsGo
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
A quick fix for contract purchasing: if the player's current-year salary is greater than or equal to the purchasing team's league minimum salary, the contract should not revert to a MiLC.
This shouldn't be happening, at all. Unaffiliated minor league teams shouldn't be purchasing marquee players to these huge contracts.
GoBucsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:18 AM   #64
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucsGo View Post
This shouldn't be happening, at all. Unaffiliated minor league teams shouldn't be purchasing marquee players to these huge contracts.
Fixed!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:26 AM   #65
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Was my stopgap coded in as well, or was only the player behavior changed?
bwburke94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:22 AM   #66
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Love the bug reports. This helps tremendously.

I look up 100% of them and make any changes I can.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #67
tyrionbro
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Am on yesterday's build. Not sure if it's been reported, but i started 1998 historical minors and couple of things jumped out: a lot of prospects i have looked at have minimum salaries. These are guys who don't have any previous ML service time, nor are they on active rosters.
Example: https://monosnap.com/file/Ppkc1PMNsi...Q6m83dC1ZK0qaW

On the trade screen, under 'prospects' for any team shows up as blank.

Peter O'brien is also listed as 2 years old.
tyrionbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:58 AM   #68
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I find three Pete O'Briens. All in their mid 20"s. Do you have a birth year?
Old 03-22-2016, 11:12 AM   #69
tyrionbro
Minors (Rookie Ball)

birth year 1995. 3b for AZL Mexico Stars
Old 03-22-2016, 11:40 AM   #70
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrionbro View Post
birth year 1995. 3b for AZL Mexico Stars
Closest match was born in 1990. This guy is not in the MiLB database at all. Could Peter be a nickname?
Old 03-22-2016, 11:55 AM   #71
tyrionbro
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Maybe an error when creating the historical minors?

screen shots attatched

https://monosnap.com/file/JAKcpQd3C9...Gpb7a4P5W9fZc0

https://monosnap.com/file/nMBG2eFHHX...OZyiS0z7JehLwB
Old 03-22-2016, 12:57 PM   #72
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

On your first screen Pete O'Brien 005 is from the 1800's. Pete O'Brien 006 is the one with the 1990 birthdate. I find no O'Brien born in 1995. I'll keep looking. Maybe something belched?
Old 03-22-2016, 03:34 PM   #73
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

In the screen shot the year field on the date of birth is blank. Maybe it was left out of the database? I bet you can fix it in game with an edit, but the guy really doesn't belong in the game at all, at least in 1998. I'd delete him.

Edit: The city of birth, and the month and day of birth match current Diamondback player Peter O'Brien, so the blank year field must have something to do with this. He should be 8 years old in 1998 instead of 2. I'd still delete him.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis

Last edited by swampdragon; 03-22-2016 at 03:54 PM.
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:04 PM   #74
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

The 2015 fielding issue (players have 1/3 the amount of innings played that they should have) is still there in 17.3.33, but you (Spritze) probably already knew that. Some of the 2015 pitchers are fixed in neutered stats and some (particularly relievers, although Justin Verlander was in the same boat as the relievers) have gone too far the other way. I'll illustrate using Rafael Soriano's Real and Neutralized Pitching Stats from 2015. The first image below is his real stats. He was terribad in 5.1 IP. His neutralized stats are another story however. He gives up 72 hits in 218.0 IP with 10 HR, 24 BB, and 77 K. So, he will allow way fewer H and HR, walk way fewer batters, and K way fewer batters than he should. I'm not sure what happened, but it seems to be common among 2015 relievers plus Justin Verlander so far. Chris Sale looked fine though, so it's not universal. I may start up a 2015 game using neutered stats, and see if I can gather a list for you to squish if that would help.
Attached Images
Image Image 
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:31 PM   #75
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Pitcher Tony Zych comes in as a DH for some reason in my 2015 neutered stats game. I see now...It's because under fielding stats it shows DH rather than P for his position.

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-22-2016 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:38 PM   #76
risp2out
All Star Reserve

I think maybe this should NOT happen. 1920 historical league with real minors. I manage the TX Lg Dallas Submarines. I was able to claim a player off of major league waivers. I just did it to see if it was possible. Interestingly, the player's contract was immediately purchased by a major league team (so, essentially, it is as if that team claimed the player off waivers, which is the right result), but it doesn't seem like minor league teams should even have the opportunity to claim off major league waivers. Just wanted to bring this to your attention.
Attached Images
Image Image 
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #77
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Love the bug reports. This helps tremendously.

I look up 100% of them and make any changes I can.
I love that your doing all the work even more
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:09 PM   #78
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

The following pitchers need their neutered stats looked at because somehow they've been given extra innings (in some cases an incredible amount) with impossibly low H, BB, HRA, and K totals which are causing them to come out completely different than they should be. If you look at them in a 2015 neutered stats game and look at their real life neutered stats, you'll see what I mean:

Homer Bailey, Brandon Beachy, Chad Billingsley, Fausto Carmona, Wei-Yin Chen, Alex Colome, Kevin Correia, John Danks, Danny Duffy, Roenis Elias, Kevin Gausman, Matt Harrison, Derek Holland, T J House, Drew Hutchison, Erik C Johnson, Mat Latos, Tim Lincecum, Kyle Lobstein, Shaun Marcum, Justin Masterson, Brandon McCarthy, Kris Medlen, Franklin Morales, Ricky Nolasco, Bud Norris, Ivan Nova, Brett Oberholtzer, James Paxton, Yohan Pino, Ervin Santana, Drew Smyly, Eric Stults, Josh Tomlin, Nick Tropeano, Jason Vargas, Justin Verlander, Adam Wainwright, Chase Whitley, Vance Worley, Steven Wright, David Aardsma, Fernando Abad, A J Achter, Nathan Adcock, Jeremy Affeldt, Andrew Albers, Matt Albers, Al Alburquerque, Cody Allen, R J Alvarez, Scott Atchison, John Axford, Burke Badenhop, Pedro Baez, Andrew Bailey, Scott T Baker, Collin Balester, Grant Balfour, Matt Barnes, Aaron Barrett, Anthony Bass, Cam Bedrosian, Joe Beimel, Matt Belisle, Joaquin Benoit, Joe Blanton, Jerry Blevins, Brett Bochy, Brad Boxberger, and Blaine Boyer (so far).

This problem seems more prevalent among relievers for whatever reason. I mean, I made it through the alphabet with the SP, but I haven't yet made it through the Bs with the RP. Also players are importing to teams they did not play with in 2015 because sometimes the stats are added on with a team that the player has played with previously in his career, but did not play with in 2015 e.g. Shaun Marcum is with Toronto to start 2015, despite not having pitched here since 2010. There are many more like him. More to come as I see it.

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-22-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:13 PM   #79
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

...Continuing from where I left off...Brad Brach, Craig Breslow, Zach Britton, Rex Brothers, Brooks Brown, Jonathan Broxton, Jake Buchanan, Matt Cain, Leonel Campos, Chris Capuano, Buddy Carlyle, David Carpenter, David L Carpenter, Scott Carroll, Santiago Casilla, Simon Castro, Brett Cecil, Xavier Cedeno, Joba Chamberlain, Kevin Chapman, Bruce Chen, Randy Choate, Alex Claudio, Tyler Clippard, Phil Coke, Carlos Contreras, Ryan Cook, Neal Cotts, Kyle Crockett, Kyle Davies, Samuel Deduno, Ross Detwiler, Jumbo Diaz, Jake Diekman, Brian Duensing, Zach Duke, Michael Dunn, and Sam Dyson. Whew! Through the Ds. There are unfortunately a heckuva a lot of these reliever guys. It isn't universal though. Strange...
Old 03-22-2016, 10:19 PM   #80
thompsw8
All Star Reserve

I sent in a support ticket just now with the customrandomera file to go with it. This is the problem:

I have tested this out several different leagues and have had the same result. I will start a custom world game and than choose historical from the options. Once I get in there I choose random era league and do the initial draft and the players in that are random era players. When I get to the rookie drafts though there is no historical minors in the draft. I simmed 3-4 seasons and none of them have random era players. I have started 4-5 to see if they work and it has not worked.

Edited**
I went in and created a historical league starting in 1921 and did random era and still have the same issue. It didn't work putting random era players into the historical league at 1921. I did one starting in 1980 and it worked just fine. Not sure what is going on.

Last edited by thompsw8; 03-22-2016 at 11:25 PM.
thompsw8 is offline   Reply With Quote