Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 03-18-2016, 06:20 PM   #1
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Typos, Text Issues, and other bugs not worthy of their own thread

Let's keep a single thread open for reporting all typos and text issues that come up. Anything that's just a typo, some text is cut off on a screen, a recap mentions the wrong team or person, etc.. we'll keep these all together in one place. Please include as much as is relevant - screenshots or exact wording of the text in question, as well as what is wrong and what it should read as.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

Let me be the first to christen this thread with this bug. McConnel should not have been given the MVP because his numbers aren't good enough, especially coming from the losing team.

Roy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #3
catcherjul
Major Leagues

Players award icons not at the right places

For most of the guys

EDIT: Ok you just have to restart the game. It happened because I changed the skin
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by catcherjul; 03-18-2016 at 08:38 PM.
catcherjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:32 AM   #4
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Kind of picking nits, but one minor error that Joe Maddon's managerial record has the Rays' 2008 WS run as "Playoffs: Not qualified":

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:39 AM   #5
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

I tried the DPI setting, but it appears the word "league" is being cut off on two different computers for me.

Side note, it may just bother me but I wish there was a little space between the "WAR" numbers and the side bar. But that might be just a personal preference on my end.
Attached Images

Last edited by anthonywvalentine; 03-19-2016 at 11:40 AM.
anthonywvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:32 PM   #6
Donevyn
Major Leagues

I'm getting double posts of game results in messages. (the double posts also show up on the MLB home page)Playing on a Mac.

Last edited by Donevyn; 03-19-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #7
dishnet34
All Star Starter

I also see that newly-retired Adam LaRoche does not have his 2015 White Sox stats when you visit his player page. I mean, they were ugly, but still.
dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:57 PM   #8
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I just had the PbP tell me that 'the runner will have the luxury of taking off' with nobody on base.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:27 PM   #9
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Fixed!
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:42 PM   #10
statmeister
Minors (Single A)

On a no ball count, the PbP will use the letter "O" instead of a zero (0).
Attached Images
Old 03-20-2016, 05:49 PM   #11
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

This is designed to help the TTS feature. Instead of hearing that "the count is one and zero," you'll hear "the count is one and oh" (which is how it normally is spoken). Besides, if you're reading the text to yourself, you probably hear the zero as an "O".
Old 03-20-2016, 06:20 PM   #12
timfairman711
Bat Boy

Angry No NYYankees logos in historical exhibition games.

I do not see any NY Yankees logos showing up in my exhibition historical games the years are 1913 to 1920, and 1921 to 1945 not sure if this is a bug. I would like to add the 1993 to 2004 Oakland Athletics logos also not showing up.

Last edited by timfairman711; 03-20-2016 at 06:32 PM. Reason: More logos found missing.
timfairman711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:37 PM   #13
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I'm seeing all of those logos just fine. After choosing the season in the dropdown menu, you also chose one of the teams, correct?
Old 03-20-2016, 07:43 PM   #14
Ravi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wishful thinking...

or the PbP is a Phillies fan
Attached Images
Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:01 PM   #15
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I checked this text object in the database. It looks perfectly fine to me. Maybe Matt can look into it when he has time.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:06 PM   #16
SaoMagnifico
Minors (Double A)

I'm seeing some weirdness with the PbP...on a couple of fly balls to left field (including one in foul territory), it listed the right fielder as the player making the catch, and on the pitch-by-pitch mode, I've noticed a couple of times when there's a foul ball, it won't include the name of the fielder who goes out to try to catch it.

I've also had problems with box scores and game logs for the wrong game coming up when I go to view them.

And following up on Ravi's post above, I had one recent game where my Athletics were ahead and the other team got two runners on base in the seventh and the PbP said something like, "The Athletics can't afford to fall further behind." That commentator wasn't paying very good attention...

Last edited by SaoMagnifico; 03-20-2016 at 08:07 PM.
SaoMagnifico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:08 PM   #17
Ravi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Copy editor was at the ball game...

...and Jose Canseco on line 1
Attached Images
Old 03-20-2016, 08:16 PM   #18
Ravi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaoMagnifico View Post
I'm seeing some weirdness with the PbP...on a couple of fly balls to left field (including one in foul territory), it listed the right fielder as the player making the catch, and on the pitch-by-pitch mode, I've noticed a couple of times when there's a foul ball, it won't include the name of the fielder who goes out to try to catch it.

I've also had problems with box scores and game logs for the wrong game coming up when I go to view them.

And following up on Ravi's post above, I had one recent game where my Athletics were ahead and the other team got two runners on base in the seventh and the PbP said something like, "The Athletics can't afford to fall further behind." That commentator wasn't paying very good attention...
Yes, I'm seeing quite a lot of that as well with right fielders making plays in left and vice versa, plus on the infield between 2nd base and shortstop. I don't recall that kind of confusion being present in 16.

The box score/game log issue pointing to the wrong teams has been a perennial problem for me with the minor leagues in every version of OOTP I've had, so at least that isn't new...
Old 03-20-2016, 08:21 PM   #19
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaoMagnifico View Post

The next time you see this problem occur, post a screenshot of the PbP text and of the ballpark (assuming you're in 3D mode or have ball flight enabled). Thanks!
Old 03-20-2016, 09:14 PM   #20
Ravi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

An example of the PbP issues with out of position players. Here Left Fielder Bigbee makes the play in shallow right...
Attached Images