Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Suggestions and Feature Wish List > Earlier versions of OOTP: Text Suggestion Forum

Old 12-09-2006, 12:23 PM   #1
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Game News: Four Homeruns

Instructions:
Read the information below, and post suggestions for this specific text category!

What is available:
-player name
-the player's team
-the oposing team
-Batting stats for that game

Example:
It doesn't happen often, which is what makes it something special to celebrate. And J.D. Drew of the Red Sox can now celebrate it, as he becomes one of a select group of players to have belted four home runs in a single game.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:49 PM   #2
CaptainObvious
Minors (Double A)

A feat which is accomplished barely once in a decade was reached by PLAYERNAME today. PLAYERNAME(possibly nickname) hit four home runs in a game today against the OPPOSINGTEAMNAME, driving in #RBIS runs in the process. Even most of the greatest power hitters of all time have never hit so many home runs in a game. After the game, PLAYERNAME refused to comment on the event, saying that his actions said enough alone.

Apparently, the OPPOSINGTEAMNAME's pitching coach did not impress enough upon his pitchers the need to avoid giving PLAYERNAME of TEAMNAME anything to hit. An epic failure to pitch around PLAYERNAME led to his hitting of four home runs today. While it is still up to the hitter to make good contact, just allowing for the possibility shows a major weakness in a pitching staff. Teams around the league should give serious thought to avoiding throwing PLAYERNAME anything hittable after todays debacle.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:51 PM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Text given to Text Team for evaluation.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:06 PM   #4
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

-- Boston's David Ortiz enjoyed an historic day at Fenway Park today as he hit four homers in the Red Sox 7-3 win over New York. Ortiz, 29, went 5 of 6 chipping in 6 RBI.

-- David Ortiz of the Boston Red Sox inflicted his own punishment on Yankees pitching today, making history in the process. The 29 year old slugger belted four homers, and drove in 9. The Red Sox won 11-4

-- David Ortiz provided thunder and lightning to the Boston offense today. The 29 year old designated hitter hit FOUR homers, drove in 10 RBI, and scored 5 times. The Red Sox won 12-8.

-- Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz provided all the offense Boston would need to beat the Yankees. Ortiz, 29, hit four homers, drove in 10 RBI, and scored 5 runs, earning a spot in the record books in the process.

Will

1. Murder of Roger Ackroyd -- Agatha Christie
2. Birds of Prey -- Wilbur Smith
3. King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard
4. Comstock Lode -- Louis L'Amour
5. Andersonville -- McKinley Kantor
redsox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:28 PM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Good work, redsox.

These will be given to the Text Team for evaluation.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:24 AM   #6
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Eugene,

I have been trying hard to focus on basic baseball writing and less prose this year.

Will

Old 12-28-2006, 07:35 AM   #7
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

-- David Ortiz gave the Red Sox offense a jolt today, hitting four homers against the hapless New York pitching staff. Ortiz drove in 9 runs and scored 5 times in the Red Sox 10-4 victory.

-- David Ortiz turned the record book on its ear as he hit four homers against the New York Yankees today. The Boston designated hitter also contributed 8 RBI to his club's 9-1 victory, and scored 5 times.

-- Boston's David Ortiz shocked Yankees pitching with a four home run, 10 RBI outburst today. The 29 year old was a one man wrecking crew, leaving the Yankees with a foul taste in their mouths. Ortiz led the Red Sox to a 14-5 victory.

After the game, Ortiz signed a bat to send to the Hall of Fame, and commented to the media.

"I just relaxed, and took what they gave me. I wasn't trying to hit it out. I was just trying to put some runs on the board. It's a great honor to have something at the Hall."

Will

Old 12-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Well done, will.

It will be sent to the Text Team for evaluation.