Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-03-2020, 02:33 AM   #1
gamerEMdoc
Bat Boy

Cannot be fired option missing?

My owner has a ridiculous goal for me (sign Hunter Pence to an extension; the dude is 36 and wants 12 mill the next year). I know it's going to take a while to rebuild the giants and I don't agree with the owner. So I wanted to check off the option where you "cannot be fired" which the manual says is under manager options. But when I look there, I can't find it anywhere.
gamerEMdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:56 AM   #2
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerEMdoc View Post
My owner has a ridiculous goal for me (sign Hunter Pence to an extension; the dude is 36 and wants 12 mill the next year). I know it's going to take a while to rebuild the giants and I don't agree with the owner. So I wanted to check off the option where you "cannot be fired" which the manual says is under manager options. But when I look there, I can't find it anywhere.
i will place my wager that you have challenge mode turned on. in that case you don't get the option
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:50 AM   #3
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
i will place my wager that you have challenge mode turned on. in that case you don't get the option
Yea otherwise its there when you set up your manager profile and on the manager options screen
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:14 AM   #4
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

I wouldn't sweat it much. I ignore those owner goals all the time without getting fired. Just concentrate on rebuilding your team and try to hit one of the other goals so your owner doesn't get too mad at you.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:45 AM   #5
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
I wouldn't sweat it much. I ignore those owner goals all the time without getting fired. Just concentrate on rebuilding your team and try to hit one of the other goals so your owner doesn't get too mad at you.
however since he is in "challenge mode" he will find a bunch more stuff locked out to him. then he will read about this awesome so and so setting here on the forum want to try it out and boom locked out cause of challenge mode.

i totally get the concept and love hardcore/ironman in other games. but in other games it doesn't block like 25% of the game off from the player. challenge mode in ootp is like playing with only 75% of a game and that is generous it might even be less.

there are no game mechanics to get anything done in the game that challenge mode locks out.

what they need to do is something like Battletech that adds up all of the options and gives you a difficulty multiplier to calculate your overall score for player comparison. You can still play hardcore/ironman but if you change a setting it might give you a .9 multiplier instead of a 1 and if you go even harder then you might get a 1.3 multiplier.

Example say challenge mode with no ratings that would get a higher multiplier for overall points score or whatever mechanism is used to compare player's seasons to each other.

I loved challenge mode when it came out but learned the hard way its a lockout. Great for short term universes say 5 to 10 years. Especially if players like to keep restarting over in 2020.

There either needs to be a game mechanic to get things done on a league/commissioner level whether is voting, winter meetings whatever or redo challenge mode not to lock out game features and use a multiplier system. That way it doesn't matter how different 2 players setup their universe the multiplier will sort it out. Of course it would still be a standard 1 save ironman type thing.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:50 AM   #6
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
I loved challenge mode when it came out but learned the hard way its a lockout. Great for short term universes say 5 to 10 years. Especially if players like to keep restarting over in 2020.
Yeah, I gotta second this one. Challenge Mode is obsolete this year.. If you want realism, you need to be able to adjust some things: player eval settings and strike out totals come to mind right off the top of my head.

Its a shame: its the first year that I havent been able to just play the game without adjustments straight out of the "box."

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:45 PM   #7
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
however since he is in "challenge mode" he will find a bunch more stuff locked out to him. then he will read about this awesome so and so setting here on the forum want to try it out and boom locked out cause of challenge mode.

i totally get the concept and love hardcore/ironman in other games. but in other games it doesn't block like 25% of the game off from the player. challenge mode in ootp is like playing with only 75% of a game and that is generous it might even be less.

there are no game mechanics to get anything done in the game that challenge mode locks out.

what they need to do is something like Battletech that adds up all of the options and gives you a difficulty multiplier to calculate your overall score for player comparison. You can still play hardcore/ironman but if you change a setting it might give you a .9 multiplier instead of a 1 and if you go even harder then you might get a 1.3 multiplier.

Example say challenge mode with no ratings that would get a higher multiplier for overall points score or whatever mechanism is used to compare player's seasons to each other.

There either needs to be a game mechanic to get things done on a league/commissioner level whether is voting, winter meetings whatever or redo challenge mode not to lock out game features and use a multiplier system. That way it doesn't matter how different 2 players setup their universe the multiplier will sort it out. Of course it would still be a standard 1 save ironman type thing.
I never play "challenge mode" because I can't set injuries to "high".
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote