Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-01-2019, 04:03 PM   #321
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Id rather win 250 points each instead of the ten packs of garbage I open each day. Its barely even worth the time anymore
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:29 PM   #322
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Id rather win 250 points each instead of the ten packs of garbage I open each day. Its barely even worth the time anymore
I'm really happy with my packs. but I wait until I get 25 to open.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 05:48 PM   #323
dbqs
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The regular packs I've been getting for winning tourneys have been absolute garbage. I don't think the contents of these packs are any different from any other regular packs, but getting them in such small whacks (like 2 and 4) and then not getting anything good in them really does wonders with negative confirmation bias!

I pulled a 96 Mariano Rivera from the first diamond pack I ever won, and when the NYY missions were about to happen, so I feel like I've been paying for that luck ever since...
It's not just you! I think I've won like 20 packs at this point from tourneys and feel like I've pulled almost nothing above bronze.

dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:28 PM   #324
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I'm really liking these monthly opens. Not that I'm winning any of them, but I enjoy seeing the top whales just blast one another round after round. I also like the variability. For example, the Wilmington Blue Rocks, Stone Island, and Southern Southpaws (teams that have won previous big tourneys for elite cards) didn't even make the "Sweet 16" in the Hunt for 100 Dizzy Dean. You figure that the marginal advantage some of these whales have over each other is really taxed with so many teams and so many rounds.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 12-01-2019 at 06:31 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:11 PM   #325
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I'm really liking these monthly opens. Not that I'm winning any of them, but I enjoy seeing the top whales just blast one another round after round. I also like the variability. For example, the Wilmington Blue Rocks, Stone Island, and Southern Southpaws (teams that have won previous big tourneys for elite cards) didn't even make the "Sweet 16" in the Hunt for 100 Dizzy Dean. You figure that the marginal advantage some of these whales have over each other is really taxed with so many teams and so many rounds.
Same. The closest thing we have to a Perfect-er level.

brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:52 PM   #326
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
The 250 points (or 200 in the case of the 32 team bronzes I regular enter) are far more useful to me, but I enjoy the packs. I do still enjoy playing the lottery, even if I'm never willing to spend my own money on it. The results and contents of the pack are usually not worth it, but the pack itself still is. The process is fun and worthwhile even when the lasting effects of it are not.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:45 PM   #327
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Im pretty sure the monthly open has been frozen on simulating for me for a long time. what round is it supposed to be in?
Old 12-01-2019, 09:08 PM   #328
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Im pretty sure the monthly open has been frozen on simulating for me for a long time. what round is it supposed to be in?
It's stuck simming game 6 of the 3rd round.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:53 PM   #329
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
It's stuck simming game 6 of the 3rd round.
Still? That's where it was stuck last time I was at my computer about 4.5 hours ago. This was the first tournament I stepped into in more than a week. This is really disappointing.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:51 PM   #330
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

big tournaments and working properly dont have a history of going hand and hand
Old 12-01-2019, 11:51 PM   #331
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Yeah, I give performance an A+ until tournaments.

Since tournaments, closer to about what I might've expected. Some klunks + klanks that leaked into seasons, too.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #332
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anyone else noticing the same teams over and over again in tournament play? Some really impressive tournament warriors out there that seemingly sign up for every tournament they can. When I compete in any gold tourney, I see the Shinjuku Slugging Salarymen and Battery Point Energizer Bunnies every time, without fail.

Anyone else see teams like this being ubiquitous in various tournaments you like to compete in?
yeah, I've faced off against both of them in a bunch of different tourneys... sometimes I win 'em, sometimes I lose 'em... just hope my sacrifice to the random number gods is enough to get by

You'll probably see my bunch from Waffletown in a lot of the 16 and 32 team gold tourneys as well in the evenings/weekends (if I have time to sit and play for a bit); as they have a pretty solid roster of non-live gold cards... don't always come out on top, but won enough to make it worth the effort

as for pack luck from tourneys... pulled some gold cards out of the mix (mostly 'lives' but did land Sammy Hughes yesterday, so that was a nice addition to the squad)... handful of silvers here and there, and the usual mix of bronze/irons... only positive part from those have been that the bulk have been new to me (not a dupe of one i already have), so helps to round out the collection
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #333
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Battery Point here. Yeah, the Energizer Bunnies specialize in gold tournaments --- that is essentially all they play (with the exception of an occasional bronze tourney when there are no gold ones available). They specialize in gold because the great majority of their regular lineup is still gold.

My Southern Southpaws are a better team (though still FTP) so you will see them in cap tournaments (1625, 1700, 1825 --- all except LIVE-only) and also silver when there are no cap ones available.

Finally, my Caspers specialize in Live tournaments. Since they have never been part of "Our League" they have gotten some decent Live cards on their roster (such as Trout, Rendon, etc.) so Live (of all varieties) is the natural place they end up. When they can't find any Live ones they also do Bronze. But, if given a choice, they would pick Live every time.

See my post about "Top 10 reasons you should be playing Live tournaments" --- come on people, LIVE is where it's at!

The one type that I generally avoid with any of my teams (with rare exceptions) is Open tournaments --- since all mine are FTP, we just don't match up well against the whales out there.

Last edited by allenciox; 12-02-2019 at 11:53 AM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:40 PM   #334
skep
Minors (Double A)

I had my best day yesterday! Won a Bronze 32, 3 Bronze 16-mans, 2nd in the Daily Early Silver, 2nd in two Silver 32s!

The Frisco Friendlies play lots of silver dailies and 32s. The Belltown Bums play lots of bronze 16/32s and some cap stuff. The Twitch.tv skepskepskeps play a bit of bronze 16/32s and just started gold 32s and the dailies.

It would be nice to have a signature or something in game where I could stick my twitch stuff. I realize having it in the name is kind of lame, but I'd like my opponents to know I'm streaming their game if we're deep in something.

Also, I've been trying to change my names/logos but the changes don't stick even after submitting them and having them accepted. I think there might be an issue wherein you can't register changes to your name/logo while signed up for or playing in a tournament. The Frisco Friendlies and Belltown Bums both reverted to their old names and now are using default logos (gross).

Great fun though.

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:04 AM   #335
skep
Minors (Double A)

Trying to figure out how openers work. I want a guy to pitch exactly the first inning of every game. Cannot select Opener as primary role so I've got primary role set to "None specified" and secondary role set to "Opener". This results in them either not pitching at all or pitching a couple games here and there (and I don't think they're opening). Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 12-04-2019, 01:50 AM   #336
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
Trying to figure out how openers work. I want a guy to pitch exactly the first inning of every game. Cannot select Opener as primary role so I've got primary role set to "None specified" and secondary role set to "Opener". This results in them either not pitching at all or pitching a couple games here and there (and I don't think they're opening). Any advice would be appreciated.

Have you got anyone in your rotation set as a follower? That might be the key here. To do that, right click on their name and select "Set Game Strategy" and check the "Use As Follower" option.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:18 AM   #337
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You figure that the marginal advantage some of these whales have over each other is really taxed with so many teams and so many rounds.
To me it underscores the random meaninglessness of the playoff systems in professional sports.

That statistics support that, too.

But when >I< win a Bo7 128, it demonstrates enormous skill and personal superiority. Right?

Or. Maybe not.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:28 AM   #338
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Side question for devs:
Do you suppose it would be possible to use the tourney system for grudge matches?

Imagine a best-of-99 series for the two best Perfect records annually for the Big Stick Trophy...
Old 12-04-2019, 09:02 AM   #339
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post
To me it underscores the random meaninglessness of the playoff systems in professional sports.

That statistics support that, too.

But when >I< win a Bo7 128, it demonstrates enormous skill and personal superiority. Right?

Or. Maybe not.
I mean, it's true that it's random, but that's also why it's entertaining.

Right now I just spam the silver and bronze 32s with an occasional 16. The daily ones aren't worth locking up a spot all day for. Maybe if iron ever has tournaments I will look into those. Usually end up with a dozen packs a day which is worth like 2000 points to me lol. It's a complete toss up whether you make the finals or lose in the first round with all the teams so close but I'm sure some people who are actually looking at the results can get some marginal edge. I get too annoyed at having to download everyones logo each time to open them.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:07 PM   #340
skep
Minors (Double A)

Spamming the queues is definitely the way to go as far as prizes are concerned, but I like the bigger sweat of the dailies and weeklies. It is frustrating though, having to lock up two spots on my silver team all day long (the two dailies fill up so early). There's got to be a better system than capping tournaments at 3. I've suggested no cap on dailies/weeklies but a cap on queues. An alternative suggestion is no cap on # of tournaments entered, but a cap on # of tournaments played in a day. This would shift the focus from the queues to the dailies/weeklies.

Thanks again to mrbucket, my guy is opening and on fire.