Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:31 PM   #1
jfb8300
Minors (Double A)

Still can't get a fictional league going with realistic stats

Offense goes out of control in fictional leagues just like in OOTP 18. Within a couple years the league batting average is above .270. The minors are even worse, I have a AAA league with a .320 league wide batting average and a 6.54 ERA!
jfb8300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

How do you set up your league? In our tests fictional leagues are extremely stable.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:34 PM   #3
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
How do you set up your league? In our tests fictional leagues are extremely stable.
I'm going to piggyback on this and hope you see it. What do you recommend for a stable environment for a modern day fictional league? Would I check the lock league totals box for 2017 and also automatically adjust league totals for accuracy? Do I just check one or the other? None?
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:02 PM   #4
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Andy, one thing that's important is to make sure that you don't have automated league evolution switched on which can vastly affect the stats in the future. For example, if you have two leagues like the American and National where only one has the DH, if you allow for the DH to be added automatically in the other league, that may bump up the ERA for pitchers by as much as .7 within just a year.

As for the original poster, are you using default settings? What is your league set-up? I was a beta tester who tested a lot in fictional leagues because that's typically what I play in and I didn't know notice huge shifts in ERA or in league batting average unless I left league evolution on which can drastically change things.

Last edited by cody8200; 03-23-2018 at 08:03 PM.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:57 PM   #5
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, I never have evolution on.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:57 PM   #6
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

I've been running some 40+ year test sims (6 so far) of a 16 team fictional setup using default feeder leagues and minors(AAA,AA,A,R). This image is roughly what I see each sim. SL1 (on the left) has the DH and LG2 (right) does not.

No evolution and all default settings (except for slight age changes in the feeders). EDIT: Injuries set to low (doing a new run with injuries set to Normal)

Am seeing stat creep to a point with the DH but nothing in particular with the pitcher hitting. I am surprised at the difference in offense between DH/No DH (.020-.025 difference in league BA)

Checking on the minors I'm not seeing anything getting out of line (no .300+ league BA).
Attached Images

Last edited by byzeil; 03-23-2018 at 10:34 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:08 PM   #7
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

and this was an earlier run with the same settings as above (though regenerating the players before simming)
Attached Images
Old 03-24-2018, 11:28 AM   #8
jfb8300
Minors (Double A)

Can you post that league for download? Mine is the same, - 16 team, all defaults, no evolution, no DH. I cannot figure out the inflated stats at all levels. Just deleted all players on all levels and seeing the same thing.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2018, 12:00 PM   #9
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb8300 View Post
Can you post that league for download? Mine is the same, - 16 team, all defaults, no evolution, no DH. I cannot figure out the inflated stats at all levels. Just deleted all players on all levels and seeing the same thing.

Here it is, should be ready to go.

16 teams, 2 leagues (1 DH 1 no DH). AAA, AA, A & R with default # of COL and HS feeders (just changed some of the age limits in the feeders).
No evolution, injuries on normal, trading on hard/favor prospects.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhd69iq2ye...05.lg.rar?dl=0

Let me know what you find that you have different than I do.

edit: One thing I'm seeing is that there seems to be much more high end talent coming from IAFA and IFA than the feeders and I'd like to see that reversed. Will have to play with that. HOF has 52 players but only 17 from the feeder leagues. Though 585 players in the current MLB season are from feeders and 265 from others

Last edited by byzeil; 03-24-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #10
jfb8300
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Here it is, should be ready to go.

16 teams, 2 leagues (1 DH 1 no DH). AAA, AA, A & R with default # of COL and HS feeders (just changed some of the age limits in the feeders).
No evolution, injuries on normal, trading on hard/favor prospects.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhd69iq2ye...05.lg.rar?dl=0

Let me know what you find that you have different than I do.

edit: One thing I'm seeing is that there seems to be much more high end talent coming from IAFA and IFA than the feeders and I'd like to see that reversed. Will have to play with that. HOF has 52 players but only 17 from the feeder leagues. Though 585 players in the current MLB season are from feeders and 265 from others
After simming six seasons on your settings I got your results.

So I made a few changes, one being to merge the leagues into one, with no DH.

I also usually play with no foreigners/international FA/created FA. Which might address your second point. So I went in and modified the foreigners and free agent creations. Beginning with that season my stats began to inflate. Only one of the next 10 seasons had a batting average below .260. By 2035 and 2036 this no DH, no added free agent league had batting averages of .273 and .276.

Still at a loss to explain why. If anything the changes should left the league more devoid of talent.

Last edited by jfb8300; 03-24-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:40 PM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
After simming six seasons on your settings I got your results.

So I made a few changes, one being to merge the leagues into one, with no DH.

I also usually play with no foreigners/international FA/created FA. Which might address your second point. So I went in and modified the foreigners and free agent creations. Beginning with that season my stats began to inflate. Only one of the next 10 seasons had a batting average below .260. By 2035 and 2036 this no DH, no added free agent league had batting averages of .273 and .276.

Still at a loss to explain why. If anything the changes should left the league more devoid of talent.

Be aware that modifying the PCMs shouldn't change the stats. To change the league's stats you'll need to adjust (or reset as the case may be) the League Totals and the League Total Modifiers. Those are what actually control the league-wide stats. If you have league evolution on the game will change these itself every year, which could explain the results you're seeing.

If you want to keep a specific statistical environment, you can use the lock setting to do so or just enter the league totals you want manually before each season and then recalc the modifiers and the stats should stay the same, or very close to it.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:29 PM   #12
The Game
Hall Of Famer

In my 2 main leagues. EBL vs MLB & ABF leagues i use historical mifiers which keeps stats close to RL. There are a few anomalies in the ABF such as a neutralized Babe Ruth hitting over 1100 HR and Cobb hitting .409 for his career but the non imported players are very close to MLB of the same era if not slightly lower.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 01:59 PM   #13
jfb8300
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Be aware that modifying the PCMs shouldn't change the stats. To change the league's stats you'll need to adjust (or reset as the case may be) the League Totals and the League Total Modifiers. Those are what actually control the league-wide stats. If you have league evolution on the game will change these itself every year, which could explain the results you're seeing.

If you want to keep a specific statistical environment, you can use the lock setting to do so or just enter the league totals you want manually before each season and then recalc the modifiers and the stats should stay the same, or very close to it.
So even for a 2018 fictional, non-evolution league, where no options have been changed, it's going to be necessary to auto-calc at the start of each season from major league level down to rookie level to prevent offensive inflation?

When it is best to auto-calc? I've seen both opening day recommendations and day prior to opening day recommendations? And why can't there be an 'automatically recalc' button for fictional leagues that run into the future?

Last edited by jfb8300; 03-25-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:04 PM   #14
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
So even for a 2018 fictional, non-evolution league, where no options have been changed, it's going to be necessary to auto-calc at the start of each season from major league level down to rookie level to prevent offensive inflation?

When it is best to auto-calc? I've seen both opening day recommendations and day prior to opening day recommendations? And why can't there be an 'automatically recalc' button for fictional leagues that run into the future?
You could get deflation as well but yes, I don't believe the offense will stay entirely static just because league evolution is turned off.

I don't think you'll go too far wrong recalcing either on od or the day before. Either should be ok.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 11:09 PM   #15
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

FYI. In my tests I have neither recalc'd each season or locked in the values. Just left those parameters as default. And evolution is OFF.