Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 03-14-2017, 10:06 AM   #21
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtwnkfey View Post
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I used to put this stuff in the roster set errors thread in previous years, which I noticed has now been moved into this forum. And before I start, I do want to thank the developers for making some of the corrections I mentioned last spring (stadiums in Biloxi, El Paso, Richmond, etc.)

This is a list I have compiled of stadiums that are incorrect in minor and foreign leagues. I have noticed these since at least OOTP 15, if not before. Some of these are a result of teams moving (such as the Carolina Mudcats to Pensacola), naming changes (e.g. Reno's ballpark), new stadiums being built (e.g. First Tennessee Park for the Nashville Sounds), are assigned to the wrong team (e.g. the Chiba Lotte Marines are playing at Tropicana Field in St. Pete). Some lower level and foreign teams are at stadiums which I assume are fictional.

These errors have been in the game many years, some since 2009. For someone who plays the minor leagues extensively like myself, I'd really love to see them finally be corrected! I am accustomed to spending some hours fixing these each time a new OOTP comes out. I understand these are issues in the master build of the game, and not the database, according to this post from last spring.

Feel free to add if you have more, or correct me as necessary. These are all corrections from last year's game, I'm sure some new stadiums opened this spring.

Pensacola Blue Wahoos should be at Pensacola Bayfront Stadium, not Five County Stadium, they moved from Carolina in 2012
Carolina Mudcats play at Five County Stadium, moved from Grainger Stadium in 2012
Bradenton Marauders at Calvin Falwell Field (Lynchburg Hillcats' stadium). Should be McKechnie Field
Lynchburg Hillcats listed at Ed Smith Field (Orioles ST home). Should be at Falwell
Hillsboro Hops Ballpark is Ron Tonkin Field, as in the Gulf of. Not Tonklin
Toledo Mud Hens and Dayton Dragons both play at stadiums named "Fifth Third Field". There are two in the game, however both teams are playing at the same one. The two stadiums in real life have different capacities and dimensions, so one of the two in-game should have different ballpark factors and capacity
Chiba Lotte Marines are playing at Tropicana Field, should be QVC Marine Stadium
Reno Aces' ballpark now called "Greater Nevada Field"
Columbia Fireflies' stadium has a capacity of 7501, not 8500
Nashville Sounds began play at First Tennessee Park in 2015, no longer at Greer Stadium

Arizona League
(this affects spring training games too it seems)
Dodgers still playing at their Florida Stadium, moved to Cactus/AZL in 2009
Athletics moved in 2015 to Hohokam Park from Papago Park/Phoenix Stadium
Reds have played at Goodyear Ballpark since 2010, not at Ed Smith Stadium in Grapefruit/GCL

Gulf Coast League
(also affects ST I'm guessing)
Yankees West playing at "Timberwolves Stadium", whatever that is. Should be Steinbrenner Field
Mets at "Ensigns Ballpark". Should be Tradition Field
Rays at "Louisville Grounds". Should be Charlotte Sports Park
Astros at "Ballpark of Belvedere". Should be at Osceola County Stadium
Tigers West at "Hackers Ballpark". Should be Joker Marchant Stadium
Quote:
Originally Posted by groberts619 View Post
Thanks for your post, it should be a big help with all the errors you mentioned that I was not aware of. I've also tried reporting some of the errors I've found to OOTP but I've never received any response back. There is also:

West Virginia Black Bears listed at Russell Diethrick Stadium. The Jamestown Jammers played there when they were the Pirates affiliate. Should be Monongalia County Ballpark for the Black Bears.

Hartford Yard Goats listed at New Britain Stadium. Rockies recently changed affiliates from the now defunct New Britain Rock Cats. The Yard Goats currently play at Senator Thomas J. Dodd Memorial Stadium in Norwich, CT until their new facility opens in a couple of months, Dunkin' Donuts Park in Hartford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Along those same lines...

The Tampa Bay Rays play in St. Petersburg, Florida, not Tampa, Florida
The Greenville Drive play in Greenville, South Carolina, not Greenville, North Carolina
The Delmarva Shorebirds play in Salisbury, Maryland, not Salisbury, North Carolina
The Burlington Bees play in Burlington, Iowa, not Burlington, North Carolina
The Charlotte Knights play in Charlotte, North Carolina. They left Fort Mill, South Carolina when they moved to their new ballpark (which is correct in the game)
In addition to the incorrect stadium listed above, the Hartford Yard Goats play in Hartford, Connecticut, not New Britain, Connecticut.

The Drive and Shorebirds errors have been in the game for as long as I can remember. I know I'm not the first person to report them. Frankly, I'm sick of fixing them every year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by groberts619 View Post
Just another update. There are a few teams in the DSL with fictional ballparks. Here are the ones I found:

-Diamondbacks 2 play in Baseball City Complex, not Moonmen Ballpark.
-Cubs 1 play at Chicago Cubs Complex, which isn't listed, not Baseball City Complex.
-Cubs 2 also play at Chicago Cubs Complex, not Ballpark of Villa Jaragua.
-Astros Blue play at Houston Astros Blue Complex, not Houston Astros Complex Orange. Keep in mind, Houston Astros Blue Complex is slightly misspelled with a space before Houston, so you would find it at the very beginning of the list before A in alphabetical order.
-Astros Orange play in Houston Astros Complex Orange, not Houston Astros Blue Complex.
-Dodgers 2 play in Las Palmas Complex, not Ballpark of Castanuelas.
-Phillies 2 play in Philadelphia Phillies Complex, not Jicome Grounds.
-Rays 2 play in Tampa Bay Rays Complex, not Twisters Ballpark.
-Rangers 2 play in Texas Rangers Complex, not Pittsburgh Pirates Complex.
I've just finished adding all of this to OOTP18

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:27 PM   #22
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Plus some other stuff that wasn't mentioned as well

Old 03-15-2017, 03:11 PM   #23
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I've just finished adding all of this to OOTP18
They don't appear to have taken effect yet...did they get into the build?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #24
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
They don't appear to have taken effect yet...did they get into the build?
Not sure, maybe it'll be in tomorrow's build. Markus had the file after me, so who knows what he did with it

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-15-2017 at 04:47 PM.