Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 03-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #721
Shanamaj
Bat Boy

Some unfixed bugs

I have reported several of these before that were ignored, but here it goes again. Game version 1.6.2

• Personnel attributes are restored to default values after editing once and then going back to edit screen
  • After editing players or personnel the scroll position is not maintained when going back to roster overview/personnel screen.
  • After sorting the players list in trade screen the sorting order is reset each time a player is added to the trade
  • The back button sometimes requires several pushes in order to go back to previous screen
Shanamaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #722
chimp82x
Bat Boy

v1.6.2 (Mac)
new game (opening day)

In Team Menu-->Roster Overview...

If my AHL affiliate tab is selected (Utica) I cannot click on my ECHL affiliate tab (Kalamazoo). If I click on any other tab and then click on the ECHL tab the roster displays correctly.

Similarly, when my ECHL affiliate tab is selected I cannot select the AHL affiliate tab without selecting a different tab first.
chimp82x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:24 AM   #723
lortmane
Bat Boy

New patch training problem

So I installed the new patch Windows and everything works great nut one thing. The training seems to remain red for all my payers throughout the entire month, Only got one moth in the season so I dont know if it's because october is not a full month but I got no improvements on any of my players. Even the youg ones that I played every game. The circles remained red during the whole month is that normal? Do I have to assign coaches? I checked that development was on in the game settings. Budaj went down in speed but noone else budged. Even though guys like galchenyuk and subban have still some ways to go als well as seth jones I got in a trade, I also went and got some good def and for coaches but no indications as to any training advancements and no warning in those three collumns either like Unhappy of Training or Competetion.
lortmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:03 AM   #724
Shanamaj
Bat Boy

Further 1.6.2 bugs (PC)

News
  • The news subscription settings goes back to "No news, only personal messages" no matter what is selected

Trading
  • When choosing to enter discussion over trade offer the drop-down indicates that the trade partners players are displayed but in reality mine are shown. I have to re-select the other team's players in drop-down to see the,.
  • The comments in the trade screen also have issues. The other team's manager suggests that they cannot add so much to their payroll, but it says my name in front of the comment. Then after getting offer rejected it shows correct when negotiating next. Also a line break is missing between assistants and the other team's GM comment.
  • When switching team to trade with my own players are removed from trade screen
Shanamaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:58 AM   #725
chimp82x
Bat Boy

Can't demote players to ECHL affiliate

FHM v1.6.2
Uploaded save game: chimp82x_20130315.zip

Issue: game crashes when I attempt to send a player (A. Polasek) to my ECHL affiliate. Also, possibly related, on my manager home screen it seems that my ECHL team is not playing any games....record is 0-0-0.

NOTE: I think I may have de-activated the ECHL as a playable league when I set up my game.

Last edited by chimp82x; 03-15-2014 at 11:11 AM.
chimp82x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #726
ScottP
Bat Boy

Are custom leagues broken? My game crashes when I try to sim to the start of the second season.
ScottP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #727
landru22
Major Leagues

Custom Games Crash

I tried two different custom leagues today. The first was a carry-over league that was originally created after the beta-patch was released (1.3.13?) and then re-attempted with the previous version (1.5.0?). This save had many many edits as I used this in an attempt to import my league from STHS (a different hockey sim). I noticed that almost all trades were made between the same two teams and the same players were shipped back-and-forth multiple times. The game crashed on July first, 1% into "Process Next Season".

I then created a brand new custom game (22 team league, same as above). I made no edits at all. Trades seemed normal, but I noticed that 14 of the 22 head coaches that started the season got fired (way too much in my opinion). Again, the game crashed 1% into "Process Next Season".

For both games mentioned above, I did not control a team. I simmed a month at a time only interrupted by the occasional job offer.

I will try to upload these saves (Look for SHL-7-1-Crash.lg.zip for the first save and FicTest1-7-1-Crash.lg.zip for the second save)

Any thoughts?
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:43 PM   #728
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Interesting bug.. I just tried to sort teams from Best to Worst for Powerplay %.. The Wild has a powerplay at 9.3%. They were ranked #1. All other teams were in the correct order. Also,w hen you sort any column that is a percentage it moves the league "total" into the middle of the list.....

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #729
Modolinus
Bat Boy

Game Report

Update 1.6.2

After I finish a game in the playoffs and trying to access the report menu the game crashes. It's only in the playoffs to.
Modolinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #730
Airchallenged
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The sim to next game button doesn't work if until you sim to the next day after a game.

The game will crash if you try to move someone to between leagues from your AHL team screen. This is the most convenient way since you can only see AHL stats there.

If a player is getting upset because they aren't getting enough playing time you can down grade their role and change it back. This will make them mad for the down grade but return them to normal for the upgrade. It should return them to their previous mood or not change it at all. I'll see if this works for demoting players as well.

In the current season as the Carolina Hurricanes, Mike Komiserik is stuck in Charlotte because of his no movement clause. In reality it should be impossible to send him to the AHL (He starts with the Checkers).

Not a bug but it is kind of annoying that simming stops when you get a scout report and it's not in the list of things to uncheck for auto stopping.

Other than that this version is much better than the last. The trading and contracts are much better. Plus Carolina has the worst power play and but most shorties like in real life.

Last edited by Airchallenged; 03-15-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Airchallenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #731
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

I mentioned this in another thread because I couldn't find this one ... sorry.

I have a save going with the new patch in the WHL, and had the following shootout occur in a game between Prince George (visitors) and Tri-City (home).

Round 1 -- Prince George miss, Tri-City miss
Round 2 -- Prince George miss, Tri-City score
Round 3 -- Prince George score, Tri-City miss
Round 4 -- Prince George miss, Tri-City score (game should be over, Tri-City wins)
Round 5 -- Prince George score, Tri-City miss
Round 6 -- Prince George score, game over, Prince George wins with Tri-City not allowed to make a sixth attempt.

The only thing I can surmise is that the first Prince George attempt didn't register at all. If you start counting with the first Tri-City attempt, it makes sense.

Also, teams are using too many overage players -- generally they're using four, instead of three, although I've seen five in one case.

Last edited by old fat bald guy; 03-15-2014 at 11:10 PM.
old fat bald guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:30 AM   #732
Jaurxe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

All of the tactics are set to the 1st option of their respective dropdowns, and if I change them, the changes don't stick.

For example, I change defense from "man-to-man" to "zone", go to another page, and back to tactics, the defense is set to "zone" again. It's like this, but for everything on the tactics screen. Whether tactics are controlled by GM or Assistant seems to make zero difference.

Seems very pointless to play if I can't change this very fundamental aspect of the team. I understand the whole tactics element is being totally reworked, but it would be nice to be able to play the game in the meantime, and I can't imagine a "Save Tactics" button would be terribly expensive in manpower as a quick band-aid fix.

Thanks!
Jaurxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:46 AM   #733
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airchallenged View Post
The sim to next game button doesn't work if until you sim to the next day after a game.
Looks like it's the same thing that requires you to sim the rest of the day after playing your own game. Both need fixing.

Quote:
The game will crash if you try to move someone to between leagues from your AHL team screen. This is the most convenient way since you can only see AHL stats there.
Looks like it's farm team-to-farm team movement only, callups seem to work OK from the other team's screen. I'll get Malte to check it out.

Quote:
If a player is getting upset because they aren't getting enough playing time you can down grade their role and change it back. This will make them mad for the down grade but return them to normal for the upgrade. It should return them to their previous mood or not change it at all. I'll see if this works for demoting players as well.
Player happiness and the whole "roles" system needs some work, that's some very old code. Roles hasn't kept pace with changes to the contract and negotiating system at all, I'm hoping to make some changes there in the match engine patch, and get rid of that sort of exploit.

Quote:
In the current season as the Carolina Hurricanes, Mike Komiserik is stuck in Charlotte because of his no movement clause. In reality it should be impossible to send him to the AHL (He starts with the Checkers).
I'll have to double-check, but I think the NMC guys may agree to be sent down in the game under some circumstances, particularly if they're on the fringes of the roster. May also be a bug with some AI system skipping that check, though. The clause definitely shouldn't be preventing them from being called back up, though.

Quote:
Not a bug but it is kind of annoying that simming stops when you get a scout report and it's not in the list of things to uncheck for auto stopping.
They're considered personal messages - shutting off Exit Auto-Play for those will prevent them from stopping the game.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:55 AM   #734
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fat bald guy View Post
I mentioned this in another thread because I couldn't find this one ... sorry.

I have a save going with the new patch in the WHL, and had the following shootout occur in a game between Prince George (visitors) and Tri-City (home).

Round 1 -- Prince George miss, Tri-City miss
Round 2 -- Prince George miss, Tri-City score
Round 3 -- Prince George score, Tri-City miss
Round 4 -- Prince George miss, Tri-City score (game should be over, Tri-City wins)
Round 5 -- Prince George score, Tri-City miss
Round 6 -- Prince George score, game over, Prince George wins with Tri-City not allowed to make a sixth attempt.

The only thing I can surmise is that the first Prince George attempt didn't register at all. If you start counting with the first Tri-City attempt, it makes sense.
The game seems to occasionally get confused when one team breaks a tie in a decisive situation to win by a single goal. We've been trying to figure out the exact pattern, but the fix may have to wait until the match engine changes (the shootout is part of that code.)

Quote:
Also, teams are using too many overage players -- generally they're using four, instead of three, although I've seen five in one case.
Yeah, something's definitely wrong there. They were ignoring the age limits in testing a little while back, the fix for that might've broken the overage rule.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:05 AM   #735
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaurxe View Post
All of the tactics are set to the 1st option of their respective dropdowns, and if I change them, the changes don't stick.

For example, I change defense from "man-to-man" to "zone", go to another page, and back to tactics, the defense is set to "zone" again. It's like this, but for everything on the tactics screen. Whether tactics are controlled by GM or Assistant seems to make zero difference.

Seems very pointless to play if I can't change this very fundamental aspect of the team. I understand the whole tactics element is being totally reworked, but it would be nice to be able to play the game in the meantime, and I can't imagine a "Save Tactics" button would be terribly expensive in manpower as a quick band-aid fix.

Thanks!
I've been trying to replicate this, but when I change line and tactics settings, both before and during games, my changes always seem to save. Can you give me a little more information about when you're seeing this - league, team, and team control settings? And you didn't happen to hire a head coach for your team, did you?
Old 03-16-2014, 07:08 AM   #736
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtimmins View Post
Are custom leagues broken? My game crashes when I try to sim to the start of the second season.
It looks like at least some custom setups are. We're checking into it now.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #737
Jaurxe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I've been trying to replicate this, but when I change line and tactics settings, both before and during games, my changes always seem to save. Can you give me a little more information about when you're seeing this - league, team, and team control settings? And you didn't happen to hire a head coach for your team, did you?
I did have a head coach, and firing him seems to have solved this. Thanks!

As a suggestion, it'd be nice to know what was happening there. Not getting any feedback in-game about the fact that (presumably) the head coach was making these changes was very confusing for me and made it seem like a bug. Maybe some kind of indicator that the head coach has made these decisions would help (especially the fact that my changes would not be saved)? Also perhaps an "Ask Head Coach" for lineups and tactics alongside the "Ask Assistant" option, which seems reasonable/realistic, that would be very nice as well. I also still think there should be a "Save Tactics" button

Thanks again for the fast response! My game is saved
Jaurxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:05 AM   #738
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaurxe View Post
I did have a head coach, and firing him seems to have solved this. Thanks!

As a suggestion, it'd be nice to know what was happening there. Not getting any feedback in-game about the fact that (presumably) the head coach was making these changes was very confusing for me and made it seem like a bug. Maybe some kind of indicator that the head coach has made these decisions would help (especially the fact that my changes would not be saved)? Also perhaps an "Ask Head Coach" for lineups and tactics alongside the "Ask Assistant" option, which seems reasonable/realistic, that would be very nice as well. I also still think there should be a "Save Tactics" button

Thanks again for the fast response! My game is saved
Actually, the real problem is that the Head Coach hiring isn't supposed to be active right now, because it's not complete - it has an effect, as you've seen, but there's no option to override it, or even indication of what's happening. We'll have to remove the ability to hire one for now (or just force him to become a regular assistant if you do hire him), so we can get it working properly, with the sort of options and feedback you've mentioned.

The new tactical system will have a save option - we want people to be able to save, upload, and share tactics.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:44 AM   #739
bob
Minors (Double A)

bug in historical mode

i have found few bugs in historical mode actually

1980 ... no more draft is possible they going automaticly in free gant mode and we can sign at 18 19 20 years old .

scout dont work in historical mode

now im /$%?&* in historical mode becuase carolina have offering me a job . but i can answer it . so i cant go far .. so test is done at 1998 -.-

in new game . watch out for the waivers .. i just add claim malkin , kunitz , neal , brown , tatar in waivers ....

and some players are overate and other got bad rates .. kunitz at 10.5 ... not sure . continue my test today guys and you will received my picture of my claiming via facebook because i got no idea how the forum work it
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #740
rocksbury
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Top controls Unresponsive.

This issue has been evident sine early builds. Random times sometimes player page, contract page or just exiting a simulation will cause all the buttons to be unresponsive. I can go through ratings, contract and next player but pressing Home or play does nothing. Exiting saves the game relaunches without a problem.
rocksbury is offline   Reply With Quote