Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #101
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler99 View Post
Oh, you mean like put the Black people on the back of the bus so they be quiet or other racist crap, keep the noise down so we only hear happy thoughts (put fingers in ears... BLAA BLAA BLAA i can hear only what i want to hear) is this game so bad that you really have to start doing this ****?? and for the playable thing still, if it runs and turns on you mean its all good and well? you cannot even freaking sign your players or hire staff for the team...and indeed like i have hinted in the past i think OOTP should seriously check their advertising with the crap they write in there is so MISLEADING considering the state of the game were its at after 4 and half months from the release...
This has to be the best (sarcasm) thing I've ever read on the forum... comparing organizing criticism towards a game to racism and segregation of African Americans.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:14 AM   #102
pate
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
C) If you paid and hate the game so much ask for a refund and play EHM or OOTP 14
Asking politely doesn't work. Apparently you have to make a huge stink on this forum to get a refund.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:08 AM   #103
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

Look, let's put an end to all this: yes, things need to be changed, modified, adjusted, redone, and/or overhauled, just rethinked, etc....but all this negativity gets us nowhere. I fully understand your frustration.

I am a beta tester, but also a hockey nut. Because of legal restraints I'm not allowed to disclose information but what I can say is ALL THESES ISSUES ARE BEING DEALT WITH.

We test everything you all do, and then we report that to the devs. It's a heckuva job for 2 people to solve all these problems. I don't envy them. We get a build and test it.

We are ALL players. If we find something wrong, we report it and it gets fixed at some point and time, depending on the severity.

We are also under a time constraint to test these 'adjustments'. It's not like we are getting paid for this: we just love hockey. Are we an enormity? I don't think so. You wouldn't be posting unless you love hockey, righT?

We, betatesters, do a helluva good good stamping out bugs so YOU can concentrate on just playing. We don't get payed for this. Our payment is knowing that we made sure YOU ALL enjoyed this product.

Unfortunately for some people they forget that there are OTHER people out there who are doing their best to see that this product succeeds.

The ones I see posting negativity seem to be:

1. of low self-esteem
2. poor upbringing
3. prom date left them the night before
4. girlfriend/boyfriend left them for an alternate partner
5. a can of peaches
6. haters of Eastside hockey
7. have nothing better to do

Please, if I missed anything I would encourage you to flame at will.

Can't find the help you need? Try here:
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software

Last edited by StrikeFour; 01-18-2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:22 AM   #104
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pate View Post
Asking politely doesn't work. Apparently you have to make a huge stink on this forum to get a refund.
Actually asking politely with your order number within a certain time frame has worked for people in the past as far as I am aware.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:23 AM   #105
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFour View Post
The ones I see posting negativity seem to be:

1. of low self-esteem
2. poor upbringing
5. a can of peaches

I'm afraid I fall into category number 8. My teddy bear Ralph left me for a regen Netminder from EHM2007.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #106
bob
Minors (Double A)

gentlemen, when I look at you if you marked on til this forum. I'm a little disappointed . you do not have the slightest idea what the point sebastian and jeff and every other person who works on FHM snaps his head to try to make us happy. they are planted at the beginning it can be true. but which is never planted here in life? they do that at the first version of the game . you have no right to judge in fhm with OOTP . give them a chance . when is it going to full version 6 . THERE you can say that you are not satisfied. the change happens little by little but change are the same. can not be at the rate all the way but it would happen anyway . Get inside their shorts only 1 second . you would be tired too. so please stop to take you to the guys who have been scammed . You knew it was a game that was starting and there have many bugs. then continued good WORKED the boys . maybe we are only 5 over 500 people aim im with you
Old 01-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #107
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Oh, you mean like put the Black people on the back of the bus so they be quiet or other racist crap, keep the noise down so we only hear happy thoughts (put fingers in ears... BLAA BLAA BLAA i can hear only what i want to hear) is this game so bad that you really have to start doing this ****??
Three things:

1. You crossed a line here and I will warn you just once: keep your posts fair or you will not post again here!

2. Looking at your posts you complain and complain and complain. Nothing I write makes you happy, clearly we are not able to make a game that will make you happy. So my question is: why do you continue to post here? Just leaf us, play another game that is better in your opinion (or write one yourself) and have fun. As you know, we are very open to give full refunds, so that is not a problem.

3. "you cannot even freaking sign your players or hire staff for the team..."
I hate posts like this, they don't help you and they don't help us. Did you post somewhere what exactly does not work with a) signing your own player and b) hire staff for your team? Please give me the link and I'm happy to look into it.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:34 PM   #108
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
gentlemen, when I look at you if you marked on til this forum. I'm a little disappointed . you do not have the slightest idea what the point sebastian and jeff and every other person who works on FHM snaps his head to try to make us happy. they are planted at the beginning it can be true. but which is never planted here in life? they do that at the first version of the game . you have no right to judge in fhm with OOTP . give them a chance . when is it going to full version 6 . THERE you can say that you are not satisfied. the change happens little by little but change are the same. can not be at the rate all the way but it would happen anyway . Get inside their shorts only 1 second . you would be tired too. so please stop to take you to the guys who have been scammed . You knew it was a game that was starting and there have many bugs. then continued good WORKED the boys . maybe we are only 5 over 500 people aim im with you

Dudes, cīmon...€30 for a nice game (now) with huge potential isnīt much and also helps developing the game further.
Tbh - if you canīt afford the money (the value of 2 hockey game visits over here) for this game, something is wrong - maybe itīs time then to look for a job instead of playing computer games

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Last edited by Duranium; 01-19-2014 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #109
bob
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
Dudes, cīmon...€30 for a nice game (now) with huge potential isnīt much and also helps develop the game further.
Tbh - if you canīt afford the money (the value of 2 hockey game visits over here) for this game, something is wrong - maybe itīs time then to look for a job instead of playing computer games
Dude??? C’mon for what? They begin in creation. You need to give opportunity to do what they CAN. ok the have put some pressure on him when they have talk about the game and personally i think they have release the game too faster for us . Just try to make US happy. BUT nobody got no thanks to give to the creators of that game but you said: sorry guys but your game SUCKS I WANT TO BE REFUND. If everything would work. The game sound good for me. But maybe you want more?
Old 01-19-2014, 03:33 AM   #110
traveler99
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Three things:

1. You crossed a line here and I will warn you just once: keep your posts fair or you will not post again here!

2. Looking at your posts you complain and complain and complain. Nothing I write makes you happy, clearly we are not able to make a game that will make you happy. So my question is: why do you continue to post here? Just leaf us, play another game that is better in your opinion (or write one yourself) and have fun. As you know, we are very open to give full refunds, so that is not a problem.

I hate posts like this, they don't help you and they don't help us. Did you post somewhere what exactly does not work with a) signing your own player and b) hire staff for your team? Please give me the link and I'm happy to look into it.
#1 I Don't Regret what i said, i grew up among the people who we are talking about and if someone say that lets put these people to this thread only and they cannot talk outside of it, How does that make you feel? happy?

#2 Like i have stated in the past, I bought this game when it was in beta, i got my refund because the sorry state of the game and i have stated many times that i will buy AGAIN but not in this kind of unplayable state, like i said if it runs and turns on, does not mean its all happy and well...

#3 Last time i played could not sign my guys or prospects and some ufas...and i did not see in those updates that they would had been fixed so i guess its fair to say to think that it has not changed yet.

#4 You skipped my question like i asked before, Tell in your own words in what state you see this game being at currently? as with all those things that no work and its not Beta (i think its still quite raw beta) but anyways, please tell me your thoughts about it.

#5 You are too aggressive to people who criticize i think it should be in the customer service 101 to try to be nice to everyone no matter they critique you or not, many of us can still be paying customers but if you show lot of attitude around to people it will hurt your business in the long run, other people seem to think this way also not just me, just let you know what i think of it.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:58 AM   #111
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

Quote:
I'm afraid I fall into category number 8. My teddy bear Ralph left me for a regen Netminder from EHM2007.
Good one!

Old 01-19-2014, 04:02 AM   #112
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
#1 I Don't Regret what i said, i grew up among the people who we are talking about and if someone say that lets put these people to this thread only and they cannot talk outside of it, How does that make you feel? happy?

#2 Like i have stated in the past, I bought this game when it was in beta, i got my refund because the sorry state of the game and i have stated many times that i will buy AGAIN but not in this kind of unplayable state, like i said if it runs and turns on, does not mean its all happy and well...

#3 Last time i played could not sign my guys or prospects and some ufas...and i did not see in those updates that they would had been fixed so i guess its fair to say to think that it has not changed yet.

#4 You skipped my question like i asked before, Tell in your own words in what state you see this game being at currently? as with all those things that no work and its not Beta (i think its still quite raw beta) but anyways, please tell me your thoughts about it.

#5 You are too aggressive to people who criticize i think it should be in the customer service 101 to try to be nice to everyone no matter they critique you or not, many of us can still be paying customers but if you show lot of attitude around to people it will hurt your business in the long run, other people seem to think this way also not just me, just let you know what i think of it.
At first I wanted to react, then I was like "no, it's not worth my time" but after reading the #5 I still need to, so...

#1: I personally don't think that there should be a closed thread for the critiques but I do think that your expression and comparison is way over the line of decent manners.
And maybe some thread for people who just want to say "OMG This is unplayable BETA!!!1!11!!" wouldn't be so bad idea. To be clear... I don't mean it as "let's pretend that these opinions don't exist". I think though that a thread for nonconstructive rants should work in a way that people who need to release some steam could do it without bothering the others. And I would have no problem with it if people, who normally criticize constructively, will post there from time to time to alleviate themselves. Sometimes a good pointless outcry/scream can make one feel better.

#2: The game is playable. It may not be entertaining for everyone but it IS playable.

#3: Have you reported your problem with all the important details to the bug report thread? If you have I'm sure it has been taken care of or it is being taken care of now or will be in the near future. If not, how can the devs reproduce it? And BTW, have you read all the posts with new updates? Have you read them completely? There is usually a loooooong list of things that have been enhanced/fixed.

#4: I tried to explain this once and I won't go there again (you can find my post in this thread I think) but the game IS NOT in beta.

#5: Saying that Sebastian (or Malte or Jeff) react aggressively to critics for me is like saying that the water isn't liquid in normal conditions. They react very well to constructive critics and they have their customers' problems in their minds. What you are showing here is not a constructive criticism. It's spiritless ranting that doesn't contribute in any way.

Last edited by geckon; 01-19-2014 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:34 AM   #113
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Mr Traveller99

I'm so fed up reading you, not so that i want to read you but man you are everywhere here ..
I've been critical to the game, i for once don't play it right now, as it is not fun.

But man, stop with your posting about asking Sebastian to answer every other questions you have ... who the *** cares if the game is called beta or full release ... as i understand you got your refund, right ? ... so you got a refund of a "game still in beta" haha ...
please use your nickname for something that we all here be happy about : TRAVEL SOMEWHERE ELSE !!!!
And Sebastian please, please, please don't use your precious time answering the guy's frustration, he can go to a shrink !!

Laurent

As usual bare with my poor english guys
Old 01-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #114
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

It took some time before I decided if your post makes me mad, sad or happy but in the end it really makes me happy. So thank you for clarifying a) that you did not spend money on the game and b) never played one of the updates! It makes it so much easier to read and understand your ongoing complains about the game. It seems that FHM will never be the game you are looking for so maybe you should just leave it behind and play something, that works better for you.

Quote:

Old 01-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #115
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

This is really getting tiring.

Now that there is an official "Sebastien update" thread, I don't think he nor anyone else from OOTP needs to continue to waste time responding to the crap here.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:38 PM   #116
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslmsca View Post
This is really getting tiring.

Now that there is an official "Sebastien update" thread, I don't think he nor anyone else from OOTP needs to continue to waste time responding to the crap here.
Amen to that. I even suggested locking the thread to prevent any more crap in this thread
Old 01-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #117
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

I agree. Lock this thread. This is someone who needs serious counseling. Maybe his dog ran away or he has gastric problems. Either way, please close this thread down.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:04 AM   #118
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Amen to that. I even suggested locking the thread to prevent any more crap in this thread
Or you could block his account ... after all he is no customer anymore (as he did get a refund) , nobody knows what he is doing here (he probably doesn't know himself).
that maybe sound harsh to you, but being a moderator for a football-site (soccer for you over there ) i know that sometimes there is no better solution than to ban someone ! This thread after all is for feedback and discussion about last update !
That is how i see things anyway !

Last edited by lorreporre; 01-20-2014 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #119
tran
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFour View Post

1. of low self-esteem
2. poor upbringing
5. a can of peaches

Isn't it awesome to be lectured on "being positive" by the only guy in the thread resorting to personal insults?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:24 PM   #120
tran
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Three things:

Sebby, perhaps you should stick to fixing the broken game and refrain from hostile exchanges with customers.
I don't know about you, but I look forward the day when i can recommend to my friends that they buy this game.

And right now, I can't. I'd actually feel really bad if someone bought this game at my recommendation.
Closed Thread