Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Suggestions and Feature Wish List > Earlier versions of OOTP: Text Suggestion Forum

Old 12-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Game News: Cycle News

Instructions:
Read the information below, and post suggestions for this specific text category!

What is available:
-player name
-the player's team
-the oposing team
-Batting stats for that game

Example:
The big buzz in the baseball world is about Steve Link's performance last night against New York. Link had 4 hits en route to hitting for the cycle.

"It was one of those games you dream about," Link told the press. "I never expected to do something like this when I showed up at the park today."

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #2
jdew
All Star Starter

Another quote-based story...

Amazing amazing amazing!! TEAMNAME PLAYERNAME ignites with a X for Y performance against the OPPONENT, hitting for the cycle. PLAYERNAME swings a lethal bat with N singles, N doubles, N triples and N homers, completing a notable performance and driving in X runs. A jublilant PLAYERNAME remarked after the display of hitting prowess "There is an old saying that money can't buy happiness. If it could, I would buy myself X hits every game. I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."

Pete Rose, Rogers Hornsby

(Casey Stengel too if you count the Amazing part )
jdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Sent to the Text Team.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #4
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

-- Boston Red Sox centerfielder Willy Mo Pena made baseball history yesterday when he hit for the cycle against the New York Yankees. Pena, 25, went 5 for 5 with 6 RBI in 6 plate appearances.

-- Willy Mo Pena roughed up Yankees pitching in a big way yesterday. The Red Sox centerfielder went 5 for 5, driving in 3 RBI, and hitting for the cycle. That's right, Pena tabbed a single, double, triple and homer all in the same game!

-- Willy Mo Pena went for the cycle in yesterday's Red Sox-Yankees matchup. Pena, 25, punished Yankees pitching with a single, double, triple and home run. All in all, Pena went 5/5 with 3 RBI. The Red Sox won 5-3.

-- Willy Mo Pena put on a clinic in yesterday's Red Sox-Yankees game. The 25 year old Boston centerfielder went 5/5 hitting for the cycle in the process.

"There's just so many ways that Willy Mo can beat you," a modest Pena chuckled after the game, "I could go 0-5 tomorrow and try just as hard. Sometimes though, you're just locked in."

-- Boston's Willy Mo Pena touched Yankees pitching for the cycle in yesterday's contest. The 25-year old centerfielder went 5-5 with 3 RBI.

"The hardest part was the triple," confessed Pena, "A lot has to go right for you to get a triple. You're at the mercy of the official scorer, the ball could take a funny bounce. You could get greedy trying to stretch a double into a triple. It's really hard."

Will

1. Murder of Roger Ackroyd -- Agatha Christie
2. Birds of Prey -- Wilbur Smith
3. King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard
4. Comstock Lode -- Louis L'Amour
5. Andersonville -- McKinley Kantor
redsox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Sent to the Text Team.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:50 PM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Please write more for this category.

V2006 did not have many items in this category.

Here is an example to go by:

Example #1

It seemed that Boston center fielder Steve Link could do no wrong against the New York Yankees as he rapped out 5 hits in 5 at-bats. New York pitchers couldn't get him out as Link seemed to know which pitches they were throwing.
"I think the Red Sox were stealing signs." growled one unhappy New York fan.
"I just felt good today. I saw the ball well and just wanted to make good contact and put the ball in play." exclaimed the jubilant Link in the postgame press interview.

Example #2

During a player’s career, there are days that stand out, and this day was certainly special! Steve Link went 5 for 5 against the New York Yankees.
"He was patient up there today," the Boston skipper told the press after the game. "I like the way he waited for his pitch and wasn't overly-agressive. Link has a tendency to go after some bad balls sometimes."

Example #3

History in the making. That what the fans at Fenway Park got to see today. Steve Link of the Boston Red Sox came to the plate 15 times and came away with a dynamite day as he exploded for 5 hits against the New York Yankees.
In the postgame press conference the New York skipper told reporters, "Hey, we tried to get him out. We threw everything but the kitchen sink against him and he hit it. Maybe next time we'll throw the kitchen sink."

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-28-2006 at 03:17 PM.