Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Online Leagues

OOTP 20 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 20 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:02 AM   #1
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Figment League Baseball - Fictional Stats Only League in a historical context

Figment League Baseball has one opening. The league is completely fictional (teams and players) in a historical context (real cities, real 'world' history, etc) and is stats only with no ratings displayed at all.

We have four levels of minors, plus college and high school feeders set up and a good, solid core of GMs.

I did a 50-season pre-play starting in 1876 to generate history and posted recaps of each season as part of a thread over in the dynasty forums here: https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...d.php?t=304094

The league is about to start June of 1926, our first season as an online league.

The website for the league can be found on http://legendsport.com - Rules, HTML reports, recaps, some bios and team pages with ballpark diagrams and team histories for all the big league teams can be found there.

The available team is the St. Louis Pioneers and they have the closest thing our league has to Babe Ruth, a player named Max Morris who has won seven MVP awards and is coming off his third Triple Crown season. The team is currently in third place, 3.5 games out.

If you're interested, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Read the story of the Barrell Family - A Figment Baseball tale

The Figment Sports Universe - More Fake Sports Than You Can Shake a Stick At!
legendsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #2
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Despite nearly 20 years of playing OOTP I had never really played online leagues before joining the Figment League. Now, I am kicking myself for not trying multi-player earlier.

It is a great league, with a great group of owners. Stats-only makes it seem to me much more like running a real team and I love the owner/commissioner involvement and deep background history of the league.

If you check out the dynasty boards you will find 4 or 5 threads updated regularly with info on the league or their respective teams. Even if the open team, St Louis, did not have arguably the best player in the game, it would still be a great league to join. Getting the legendary Max Morris as your centerpiece is just icing on the cake.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:39 PM   #3
VinCal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey guys. I might be interested depending on the sim schedule. I am more into a faster moving league. Cab someone let me in on some info?
VinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:12 PM   #4
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

I'd suggest sending a pm to the commissioner to provide more details but we sim 1 week of game time everyday Monday-Friday. Here is the rules page.
http://legendsport.com/index.php/figment-baseball

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 06-30-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

The St. Louis opening has been filled. Thanks for checking us out!

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Old 06-30-2019, 10:51 PM   #6
IBackTheBirds
Bat Boy

would love to join figment. I am a seasoned veteran. activity will not be a problem. thanks in advance.
IBackTheBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:08 PM   #7
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

After having just wrapped up the 1928 season, Figment League has one definite opening and a potential second opening.

The definitely open squad is the St. Louis Pioneers. They still have Max Morris, who is the game's premier slugger (he hit his 400th this season) and have a few other good players as well. Ideally the new GM would be someone willing to deal as the team needs some TLC after being neglected this past season.

You can view the HTML reports for them here.
The first post in this thread has some specifics on the league. We have an excellent group of GMs and welcome any interested GM regardless of experience.

If you're interested you can shoot me a PM here and I'll get back to you asap.

I'll post again if the other possible opening is confirmed.

Thanks for checking out Figment!

Old 12-04-2019, 12:23 PM   #8
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

This is a fantastic league. Well run with a number of gm's active in both slack and in the dynasty report forum covering their teams.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #9
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrycaj View Post
This is a fantastic league. Well run with a number of gm's active in both slack and in the dynasty report forum covering their teams.
I will echo that and add that the new St Louis owner will be getting the Babe Ruth of the Figment League. Morris is the FABL career leader with 423 career homeruns including 29 this past season (age 33 for him) in 90 games after returning from the first serious injury of his career.

Great active group of GMs with plenty of league talk on slack and last I counted about a half dozen different dynasty reports are being done about the league in the Dynasty section including the commissioner's yearly recaps and the Ballad of the Barrell Brothers ongoing story along with a number of individual team dynasty write-ups.

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 12-04-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:37 PM   #10
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

We did end up with two openings, but both are now filled. Thanks for checking us out and if you want to join the waiting list for the next opening, just shoot me a PM.

Thanks!