Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:22 PM   #21
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Rotation out whack like Cardinals.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:12 PM   #22
Ahugel71
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I would guess this might be because you unzipped the file into a folder that's one level too deep for the game to read (I've done the same thing myself).

If you get an error that the files needs to be downloaded, it's likely because you've accidentally unzipped the quickstart two folders deep in the quickstart folder like this (C:\Users\My Name\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\quickstart_games\MLB Sept 1.quick\MLB Sept 1.quick

In that case, just cut or copy the second MLB Sept 1.quick folder and place it directly in the quickstart games folder, like this ((C:\Users\My Name\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\quickstart_games\MLB Sept 1.quick)

If that doesn't help, and the file is corrupt, then just delete it and redownload and you should be good.
Hi, I did what you said in regards to trying to cut/copy the 2nd folder, and I restarted the game and that didn't work as the game didn't seem to recognize that quick start, and then I deleted the 1st quick start and reinstalled and I got the same world file can't load bug which I got the 1st time. This is pretty odd.....
Ahugel71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:22 PM   #23
Llamaboy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The second link (the quickstart for the beginning of the season) does not seem to be linked to the correct file. The first one works great.
Llamaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:07 PM   #24
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

The Awards if I ask Computer most get filled but only DH for NL Gold Gloves.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:13 PM   #25
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
The Awards if I ask Computer most get filled but only DH for NL Gold Gloves.
Yes, we don't import fielding stats, so the AI doesn't see anyone who played enough at a position to vote for them.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:29 PM   #26
TheBrewCrew
Minors (Double A)

First off, thank you very much! The fact you guys stay this active with the community this late into the season is awesome!

Secondly, question about the quickstart...will it end after the World Series is over or are we able to carry on past it like normal ones?

Thanks again!
TheBrewCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:10 PM   #27
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrewCrew View Post
First off, thank you very much! The fact you guys stay this active with the community this late into the season is awesome!

Secondly, question about the quickstart...will it end after the World Series is over or are we able to carry on past it like normal ones?

Thanks again!
You can continue on afterwards. There may be some things which are not correct going forward (service time will likely be wrong for anyone who was injured this year, awards may not be correct, team finances may have issues, etc...). And obviously players will have essentially missed development (some ratings are updated, but most are not). But it should be playable still.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:23 PM   #28
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

What I meant is all other Awards gets filled by Computer but when get to Gold Gloves only the NL DH gets filled and not rest of NL Gold Gloves and AL ones to so can't get past that and have before and have to do one day at a time.
Also this might go into suggestions but post it here future moves I'm talking like Nationals new Triple-A team is Fresno and yes we can do it manually but the computer should be able to to do it for 2018 Season and yes we don't have Historical League for 2017-18 season yet and even have contracts with Minor League Teams when it is up renew it or have to find a new home or can even purchase a team.
Also noticed that Financials are turned off in Saved Game why is that?

Last edited by mgom27; 09-18-2018 at 07:26 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:17 AM   #29
robedits
Minors (Triple A)

How to use the editor to fix some of the sept 1st rosters

Hi, team OOTP: I play as my hapless N.Y. Mets. I noticed several errors with Sept 1st rosters: some players on the Mets I've never heard of are on the roster(!), and I can't move them to minors because they must "clear waivers". Also, a couple or more players should be ON the roster. Wheeler, for instance, has been doing a great job for the team for the past few months, but he's listed as being on the DL and also his stats don't in any way match what his MJL stats were as of 9/1. Bus since he's on the DL, I get the message "he's not scheduled to come off the DL yet" or something like that. I want to move him to the current starting rotation, where he's been for a few months now.
Do I need to use the editor to do this? If so, how?
Thank you.
robedits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #30
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robedits View Post
Hi, team OOTP: I play as my hapless N.Y. Mets. I noticed several errors with Sept 1st rosters: some players on the Mets I've never heard of are on the roster(!), and I can't move them to minors because they must "clear waivers". Also, a couple or more players should be ON the roster. Wheeler, for instance, has been doing a great job for the team for the past few months, but he's listed as being on the DL and also his stats don't in any way match what his MJL stats were as of 9/1. Bus since he's on the DL, I get the message "he's not scheduled to come off the DL yet" or something like that. I want to move him to the current starting rotation, where he's been for a few months now.
Do I need to use the editor to do this? If so, how?
Thank you.
Yes, you will probably need the editor to fix some stuff like this.

Wheeler was listed in our data with an "undefined" return date, which unfortunately they used both for guys who were basically day-to-day, and for players who were out for like 1+ seasons, so some guys ended up incorrectly tagged there. If you go to commissioner mode, you should be able to simply remove his injury and then should be able to reactivate him.

Wheeler's stats should be correct, more or less. Some stats are not right (for some reason pitchers' doubles and triples allowed was not given to us), and WAR values may differ slightly, but the rest should be fine. What specifically did you not think was correct?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:52 PM   #31
robedits
Minors (Triple A)

Sorry...I was incorrect about Wheeler's stats. I was looking at another player.
But as for activating him off the D.L .(which he technically hasnt been on for a few months now,most of the year actually): I have no idea how to "go to commissioner mode".
When I click on WHeeler on the DL and try to remove him from DL, or drag him to AAA or the MJl roster, it says "he is not yet scheduled to come off the DL". As far as I can tell, there is no way to remove him from the DL. I looked everywhere but can't do it. Same for C PLewicki. He;s been on the team for months now. I'd like to add him to my roster,too. DO I need to drag him to the bottom of the screen to "release him", and then sign hoim to the MJl roster???
...and adding: the irony of the METs actually shutting down Wheeler for the season TODAY isn't lost on me :-)

Last edited by robedits; 09-19-2018 at 07:11 PM.
robedits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:10 PM   #32
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Is there any way to release a version of these quickstarts that can be used with Challenge mode? Whenever I try to click 'yes' at the 'Challenge Mode?' dialogue, it reverts to non-challenge (presumably because it can tell the files have been modified somehow, which makes perfect sense as an anti-cheating mechanism).

With PT coming up, I'd like to be able to accumulate points in standard Challenge Mode starts with the most current rosters, instead of having to use the only currently Challenge-Mode-friendly ones (the start of year rosters).

It's not a big deal at all of course, since it only affects play between September and the release of the next OOTP version, but it would still be nice option for the offseason, especially once PT launches.
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:42 PM   #33
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

If I change Affiliates in Game on August 31st will it effect Game because Minor League's don't slim intill next year?
Also I noticed lots of guys are Retiring in Offseason that I just unretired and way to prevent from happening because I would like those guys to have chance to either make it to MLB Roster or even get Traded because trying to do All-Time Cardinals.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:35 AM   #34
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Did you guys make any changes to ratings?

If so, could I export/import the updated ratings into the main Opening Day quickstart?
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:02 PM   #35
drewandpedey
Minors (Double A)

I am very clueless when doing things such as this - does anyone know if there is a video walkthrough on how to do this?
drewandpedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:23 PM   #36
drewandpedey
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewandpedey View Post
I am very clueless when doing things such as this - does anyone know if there is a video walkthrough on how to do this?
Disregard that, I was able to figure it out, was pretty simple, i feel like a fool haha
drewandpedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #37
chriscrepon
Bat Boy

I've gotten an error that world.dat is missing which put OOTP 19 into it's defensive mode where it tries to kind of isolate the data that's bad, and all that. I appreciate the efforts from the development team, and maybe it's just that I don't have the latest update to the game at this point?

Otherwise, I realize that what I download as a quickstart file has that extension but gets extracted as a directory within the quickstart folder in doucments (and under the right directory for the game and all) but should the original .quick file downloaded go INSIDE that directory?

Basically if you look at other quickstart games , inside the directory for the game you have a .quick file but not all the other stuff like the world file and a bunch of other dat files I think is the format. Maybe it's just a MIME file type thing on my end. Anyway thanks. I'm going to just keep running through 2018 seasons as-is for now and I love your game and how realistic and detailed it is. ~Chris
chriscrepon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:40 PM   #38
chriscrepon
Bat Boy

Sorry I tried editing my last post to add this screenshot. WORLD.dat is well, a file called world anyway is around 26 mb or so and in this folder I'm showing you here, from the 1st of the files you posted but cutoff from the screen. Anyway if anyone can tell anything I'm doing wrong here let me know. Thanks alot.

chriscrepon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:20 AM   #39
DJP53916
Minors (Double A)

I won't lie. I hate these last couple quickstarts.

I just cannot get them to work, no matter what I try.

I've tried downloading them many, many times. I've tried extracting them many, many times. It just doesn't work.

I definitely preferred how it was done in the past. At least those I could make work.
DJP53916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:56 AM   #40
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP53916 View Post
I just cannot get them to work, no matter what I try.

I've tried downloading them many, many times. I've tried extracting them many, many times. It just doesn't work.

I definitely preferred how it was done in the past. At least those I could make work.
I don;t think we're doing it any differently than in the past

What's happening when you try to load them?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote