Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 02-18-2020, 01:16 PM   #1
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Exclamation AI Signs MLB free agent, then Designates for Assignment

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but it looks like the AI will offer more contracts than they can handle, then DFA the guy who accepts their offer.

Below is an example of the Atlanta Braves offseason heading in to 2020.

They signed 7 relievers to MLB contracts (and one starter). By the time the last two signed (I'm assuming) the 40 man was full, so they had to DFA someone, and they chose to DFA the guy who just signed the contract.
Attached Images
Image Image 
WarningTrakPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:09 AM   #2
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Angry Mariners Claimed 23 Players on one day ...

Start of the 2020 season and Seattle claimed 23 players off waivers on one day...

No idea why the AI would think that is a smart move, but it should certainly get fixed.
Attached Images
Old 02-19-2020, 10:16 AM   #3
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

I have seen the sign and then DFA/waivers a few times over the years, but not so often that it bothered me. It was often players like Rosenthal who were at the end of their careers. If I saw it immediately, I would usually go into commish mode and put the money back in the team's budget even though it was usually inconsequential (less than $1M).

As for Seattle claiming all those guys, I've never seen that before. Did you change any settings, particularly roster rules of any sort? And did you advance a day? I'm curious what Seattle did with those players.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:39 PM   #4
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Exclamation It happened again...

This is a screenshot of what Seattle did with all their players. I thought something happened so I didn't save what I had done.

I don't really want to sim forward if there is an issue that causes teams to roster churn over and over for no reason.

And then the Mets did the same thing a few days later.

Only thing I did was switched from 25 man to 26 man rosters at the start of the offseason.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 02-21-2020, 06:40 PM   #5
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Thumbs up League files uploaded to FTP site

I have uploaded the saved game files to FTP site with the name "Tigers-AbnormalWaiverClaims".
Old 03-17-2020, 06:15 PM   #6
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Another signing then DFA

This one looks like Texas offered him a contract (which is weird on its own because he hasn't pitched above AA and they gave him 2.6 million) then added two players to 40 man roster prior to Bourque signing the contract.

Once he signs however, the 40 man is now full, so the AI decides to DFA their new signing ... for some reason.
Attached Images
Old 03-18-2020, 03:26 PM   #7
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Angry Nick Lodolo

Twins picked Lodolo 12th overall in 2019. At the start of 2021 they purchased his contract, only to DFA him one day later. He also hasn't even pitched above high A, why would they decide to call him up over someone from AAA or even AA?
Attached Images