Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:43 PM   #101
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Does this mean starters and relievers will more or less have a universal fatigue rating? For example, changing a guy from a starter to reliever or putting a starter into the game in relief gets you a lot of different fatigue levels in terms of how many pitches they can throw.
As a follow-up to this, will pitchers still have the assigned "positions" of SP/RP/CL, or will that distinction finally be eliminated? Based on the Clayton Kershaw screenshot in the pre-order E-Mail (with the "SP" position), it appears to be the former.

Personally, I'd like for pitchers to just have "P" as their position, and leave the assigned roles to teams' Pitching screens. I've always found it inconvenient that I have to manually change pitchers' positions whenever I move pitchers from the rotation to the bullpen and vice versa, so it would be great if this was no longer necessary.
CobaltJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:56 PM   #102
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will we see anything different with the schedule editor?

Will we have an option to rain out games(in commish mode)? I would like too see this since I sometimes make the mistake of having a team play more than 2 games in one day and raining out one of those games would be a good option.

Any possibility of a third conference(isn't this available in FHM5)?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:03 PM   #103
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Openers / Followers / In-Betweeners / Up-and-Downers / All-Arounders, etc. Oh Well, I guess that's where we are today. What can you do?

I'm old enough to remember guys like Wilbur Wood. He was his own Opener, Follower, Closer, and caterer all rolled into one.

Last edited by Caporegime; 02-26-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:06 PM   #104
Cactusguy21
Major Leagues

No upgrades to trading? That's a shame, I would've liked a more immersive deadline experience, also in general the trade AI needs to be upgraded.
Cactusguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:13 PM   #105
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactusguy21 View Post
No upgrades to trading? That's a shame, I would've liked a more immersive deadline experience, also in general the trade AI needs to be upgraded.
I believe you will find that the upgrades to the AI do include the trade process. (Or so it says in the initial post from Markus that started this thread.)
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:19 PM   #106
fredbeene
All Star Starter

do all screens have tool tips and sortability
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:24 PM   #107
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I'll try to explain in a little more detail tonight on the stream, but for example, let's take the Dodgers. Say they have it set up so that Pollock is their starter in CF, but their #1 backup there is Bellinger, their starting 1B. If Pollock needs to rest (fatigue or injury), what the game will do now is see that that Bellinger is the sub we want to put in there, but he's at 1B. So we then look to see if we have a valid sub for Bellinger for the game (say, Freese), and thus Bellinger will play CF and Freese will play 1B for the game.

Or in your case, you could set your backup C to be the starter at DH, have him catch every X games, and in those games, we'll basically use your DH sub. The in-game logic does have some flaws - in your case, for example, if your starting catcher got injured, we may not move your other guy off DH to bring in for that, but we do try in other cases to move guys around if it makes sense.
at what fatigue level do replacement players play?
how much does fatigue drop a players performance?
Can you set the sub to come in x% of fatigue?
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:30 PM   #108
reme
Minors (Single A)

Will we be able to import and use ootp19 saves in the new version to utilize the new features ?
thanks
reme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:35 PM   #109
thakfu
Minors (Single A)

Any changes at all to baseball cards? What about personnel in historic mode such as historic team staff or player/managers?
thakfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:35 PM   #110
kingne10
Minors (Single A)

Do managers who are former players get linked to their player profiles when you start a new game so that it does not create duplicates in the following seasons? It's tough seeing two of Don Mattingly, Mike Matheny, Dave Roberts, etc. as coaches.
kingne10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:37 PM   #111
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reme View Post
Will we be able to import and use ootp19 saves in the new version to utilize the new features ?
thanks
Been a feature (and my favorite at that) since I bought my first OOTP in 2002. It must be under the "Show More Modes" option on the opening screen shot.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:37 PM   #112
Goldberg365
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Will there be any updates to online leagues? I was hoping there'd be some tie in with the Perfect Game infrastructure to host player leagues. Similar kind of thing with the constantly running sims, but with users trading with other users, end of year drafts, that sort of thing.
Goldberg365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:40 PM   #113
AKAthatoneguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Will there be an option to permanently turn off Challenge Mode in the new game? Perhaps as a one-time option when importing a league from 19?

I've got several seasons in my fictional league and don't want to restart, and when I first began it, I hadn't played OOTP in a while and didn't realize the implications of enabling it.

If not, can we at least have options like adding minor league levels to a challenge mode save? I stupidly only added AAA, AA, A when I started my league and would really like a Rookie league, but I don't have the option to add one. I'd also like to be able to stay with one team permanently in my current save.
AKAthatoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:12 PM   #114
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donevyn View Post
I thought I read earlier that there will be one-on-one on-line play? I.e. If I want to play my brother who lives in another location we can set-up a game (league?).

Did I miss it being mentioned? Is my memory failing me?

Thanks
That was for OOTP 6. Still waiting on that to be implemented. Maybe next year!
Old 02-26-2019, 07:13 PM   #115
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post
Openers / Followers / In-Betweeners / Up-and-Downers / All-Arounders, etc. Oh Well, I guess that's where we are today. What can you do?

I'm old enough to remember guys like Wilbur Wood. He was his own Opener, Follower, Closer, and caterer all rolled into one.
Who?
Old 02-26-2019, 07:22 PM   #116
mattkma
Major Leagues

Social Media

probably one thing that I have wished for now for years is the ability to send box scores to social media (i.e. FB or Twitter). I mean like a button on the box score screen that allows this.
mattkma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:18 PM   #117
pirates60
Bat Boy

Any improvements to the almanac?
pirates60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:38 PM   #118
dward1
All Star Reserve

love the 2 tournaments addition. can now have a FA Cup style tourney alongside Champions League in a multi-league universe. love it
dward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:40 PM   #119
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post

i recall hearing about when he started both games of a double header. He was primarily a closer when i got interested in the American League. (grew up in a national league family ....)
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:46 PM   #120
dward1
All Star Reserve

would love to see Tournaments get better in and post-game presentation. currently regular season stats show in team stats before and during games and no records show up after game. both those could be easily fixed
dward1 is offline   Reply With Quote