Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:15 AM   #1
kjb023
Major Leagues

Some facegens only work on a player's profile page

In places like the team leaders or top prospects sections on every team's home screen, certain players have the default "blank" silhouette as their facegen. But if you click on them and go to their player profile, the face gen appears as normal. There's a bunch of players like this for every team. This only started happening after the latest patch. I started a new game to look at the new ratings then loaded up my franchise and noticed this. As far as I know I didn't change any settings. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing's changed.
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
Harmon Killebrew
Minors (Double A)

Mine did at first too, but I shut down the game and restarted it and it fixed itself that way for me. No reinstall was needed, just a total Ootp 18 game restart/reboot in my case.
Harmon Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:02 PM   #3
kjb023
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon Killebrew View Post
Mine did at first too, but I shut down the game and restarted it and it fixed itself that way for me. No reinstall was needed, just a total Ootp 18 game restart/reboot in my case.
Done that a couple times but still nothing. Thanks, though.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:58 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

What happens if you go to the player's page and auto-reload the face? Does it show properly then?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #5
kjb023
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
What happens if you go to the player's page and auto-reload the face? Does it show properly then?
Doesn't change anything.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #6
kjb023
Major Leagues

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 08-08-2017, 08:29 PM   #7
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I had the same issue with a brand new league. Harmon Killebrew's fix took care of it for me.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:29 PM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

If you're having this problem, can you try to turn on trace mode ? You can do that from the start screen, then go to settings > troubleshooting and then select 'write ootp debug info to file'.

After that, there will be a "Show Info" line in the "Picture functions..." menu on the player editor page.

A screenshot of the info message box would be helpful if you could post it here for a player with this issue.

Thanks!

Old 08-09-2017, 03:29 PM   #9
kjb023
Major Leagues

For some reason I can't post the screenshot here, so copy and paste: http://imgur.com/6kIlCDr
Old 08-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #10
kjb023
Major Leagues

Now that I think about it, I had a laptop die recently and once I got a new one I used a disk enclosure to read from the old hard drive, including my OOTP stuff, is it possible that the game is trying to find some face gens from this hard drive that doesn't exist anymore?
Old 08-10-2017, 02:42 AM   #11
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

This is happening to me as well. I was coming here to make a specific post on it and saw this one already started.

On the White Sox, for instance, Kellin Deglan's photo stopped showing up. I can go to his profile page, go into the editor, reload the picture and/or refresh it, and the game still doesn't pick it up when you start a game.

Worse yet, the game is "hunting" for Deglan's photo, so every time he either comes up to the plate, or between hitters when he's on defense (since his photo shows at the catcher position), the game tries twice to load the picture. It tries once, fails, freezes for a second, tries again, and then gives up and moves along. It repeats this routine between batters (with a pause between reload attempts long enough that a trivia question/answer pops up).
ConStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:19 AM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConStar View Post
This is happening to me as well. I was coming here to make a specific post on it and saw this one already started.

On the White Sox, for instance, Kellin Deglan's photo stopped showing up. I can go to his profile page, go into the editor, reload the picture and/or refresh it, and the game still doesn't pick it up when you start a game.

Worse yet, the game is "hunting" for Deglan's photo, so every time he either comes up to the plate, or between hitters when he's on defense (since his photo shows at the catcher position), the game tries twice to load the picture. It tries once, fails, freezes for a second, tries again, and then gives up and moves along. It repeats this routine between batters (with a pause between reload attempts long enough that a trivia question/answer pops up).
Have you tried restarting your system and the game?

For most people that have reported similar issues that seems to fix things. I'm not sure why it isn't doing so for kjb023, hopefully Andreas can figure that out.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:21 AM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb023 View Post
For some reason I can't post the screenshot here, so copy and paste: http://imgur.com/6kIlCDr
No problem, that works. Thanks!

Old 08-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #14
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Have you tried restarting your system and the game?

For most people that have reported similar issues that seems to fix things. I'm not sure why it isn't doing so for kjb023, hopefully Andreas can figure that out.
Not sure what you mean unless you're simply talking about physically turning the computer on/off or completely exiting/restarting OOTP. Yes, I've done both, several times. Problem has been going on for about a week now.

The same players are always affected. On the White Sox, it's Kellin Deglan and a fictional player named Roy Stone. A couple of guys on the Orioles are affected. A bunch of AAA players are affected. The worst thing is it *seems* like the number of players/teams affected is growing, especially at the minor league levels. But the ones that were affected on Day 1 continue to be affected every day this week.

This started when I downloaded the last major patch, and continued (if not worsened) when I downloaded the fix-it patch.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:42 PM   #15
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConStar View Post
Not sure what you mean unless you're simply talking about physically turning the computer on/off or completely exiting/restarting OOTP. Yes, I've done both, several times. Problem has been going on for about a week now.

The same players are always affected. On the White Sox, it's Kellin Deglan and a fictional player named Roy Stone. A couple of guys on the Orioles are affected. A bunch of AAA players are affected. The worst thing is it *seems* like the number of players/teams affected is growing, especially at the minor league levels. But the ones that were affected on Day 1 continue to be affected every day this week.

This started when I downloaded the last major patch, and continued (if not worsened) when I downloaded the fix-it patch.
Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

It's nothing to do with the patch though, at least I don't think it is, but don't want to be too dogmatic. It's a random problem that has occasionally cropped up for maybe a dozen users over the course of the year, even before the patches.

Pretty much every other one of those times I've run into this, restarting the computer/OOTP has fixed the issue. Obviously that's not working for you guys though, so Andreas is looking into what's going on. Hopefully we'll have something for you soon.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-11-2017 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:23 AM   #16
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Any updates to this? Problem is getting worse now. About a third of the entire Toronto Blue Jays team is now affected.

You can even make the computer try to reload the Facegens by switching between "switch to one pitch" and "switch to pitch-by-pitch". For teams with all pics showing up, switching between those two modes doesn't trigger anything, but on the teams missing Facegens, it does.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:21 PM   #17
Exodor
Major Leagues

Same problem here - players with photos in their profile don't show in other places:

Exodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:19 AM   #18
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Just an update from here, problem continues to get worse. I've now got about two dozen minor league teams experiencing the problem. What's bad about that is I don't generate pics for minor league players until they get put on someone's secondary roster, so when you get down to the A-ball level, there are only a scattered few guys with pics (and they're typically veterans falling down the ladder, about to be out of a job). I probably have 5-10 low-minors teams with this issue, which is thus a fairly significant percentage of low-minors teams that even have players with pics to begin with.

I'm up to 4-5 MLB teams that have 5 or more players getting photo errors now. This is becoming a real QoL issue in-game.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:52 PM   #19
Exodor
Major Leagues

Started a new historical league and having the same problem.

It seems to happen with minor league players who never made it to MLB and so have fictional face-gens.
Exodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #20
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Converted a long-time fictional league, and I've got the same issue.

EDIT: What I am seeing is that the profile picture works, but the mini one doesn't until I exit and restart the game. Restarting doesn't solve the problem overall. It just fixes any new player pictures that were created during the previous session. It's not generating the new ones when needed for things like pitching match ups, like Exodor's example. All of the player pictures in my league are fictional and I don't have it set to automatically create them, because some of them get created from scratch by Facegen and others are imported photofit (Facegen) files.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams

Last edited by Solonor; 10-07-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote