Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:36 AM   #1
Throne_Taker93
Minors (Rookie Ball)

NFL type contract system?

Hey so I was wondering if there was a way to maybe create a NFL contract system where player salaries aren't completely guaranteed. For example lets sign you sign Babe Ruth for 10 years 150 mill... but of that 150mill you want to only guarantee 50 million of it. Is there any way to do something similar or along those lines? If not I think it'd be a cool idea because I feel like all sports should adapt a similar system to Football where a players money isn't 100% guaranteed. Imagine how much money teams would of saved from just releasing players such as Carl Crawford, Alex Rodriguez, Vernon Wells, etc. and only having to pay a portion of what they're owed.

Last edited by Throne_Taker93; 04-27-2017 at 05:38 AM.
Throne_Taker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:06 AM   #2
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

there's not a way currently, but it's a completely reasonable feature request. I would love more financial options for my various fictional leagues.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:14 AM   #3
rockmedic109
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Multi-year contracts with Team Options on the later years? Probably decreases the chance of the player signing but might work. I just did it with a 4 year deal with the last two years being Team Option.
rockmedic109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:23 PM   #4
drhay53
Major Leagues

I think 2 years is the max number of team option years you can do though, isn't it?
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:28 PM   #5
Throne_Taker93
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I think it'd be a great feature especially in a sport so unpredictable as Baseball where a player can decline at a drop of a hat.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:32 PM   #6
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

i would think that if these options were added, the AI reaction to these contracts will get complicated.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #7
Throne_Taker93
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
i would think that if these options were added, the AI reaction to these contracts will get complicated.

Well they'll have to do it for Beyond the Sidelines if they're going to keep the game realistic like OOTP so maybe they can copy the financial structure from that game