Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 11-03-2016, 11:45 PM   #1
keroppichoppi
Minors (Single A)

Created players aren't on International teams

Title, I created some players that were pretty decent 2-4 stars for countries like Austria, Slovenia, etc.. But they are never on the intl teams even though they should be.
keroppichoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:16 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Can you screenshot one of the ratings edit screens for a player you created? I'd like to check a couple of things. And how long a gap was there between the time you created them and the first tournament they weren't used in?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #3
keroppichoppi
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Can you screenshot one of the ratings edit screens for a player you created? I'd like to check a couple of things. And how long a gap was there between the time you created them and the first tournament they weren't used in?
I created a bunch of players right as a started the game, so August 4th? I was expecting most of them to play in the Olympics (and Qualifiers) as well as the IIHF tournaments but they never did after 3 years of simulation.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:26 AM   #4
keroppichoppi
Minors (Single A)

not working?
http://imgur.com/a/o4bXz

This is just a handful of the players, should also be noted most of them were not playing in the nhl until the current season so they would've been able to play in the lower divisions of IIHF still.

Last edited by keroppichoppi; 11-04-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:25 PM   #5
keroppichoppi
Minors (Single A)

I've got a Canadian play for the US now haha.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:24 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Sorry, missed the screenshot you posted earlier, we'll have a look, something's definitely not right but I'm not sure what would hide created players from national team roster AI.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:36 PM   #7
KorbenDallasMultipass
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Seeing something similar. For Canada but it's for a center so I can imagine he got bumped but still. 90 points and Won the Conn Smyth in 24, 97 points and the Hart in 25 and he's never been in any international games. Ran the game til 27-28 where he got 101 points.
KorbenDallasMultipass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:49 AM   #8
KorbenDallasMultipass
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Sorry, missed the screenshot you posted earlier, we'll have a look, something's definitely not right but I'm not sure what would hide created players from national team roster AI.
It just occurred to me that I may have a good hint as to what is happening. I remember editing a player and changing his nationality to test something but he kept playing for his old country in international games. It would appear there is an other flag somewhere that is not updated by the editor. The result is that created players have no country and edited players keep their old country.

Last edited by KorbenDallasMultipass; 11-15-2016 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:48 PM   #9
Blue&Gold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have noticed this problem as well. I like to edit young players in the game, as well as create, but for some reason when you change their nationality they still end up playing for their "Previous" nationality pre-edit.

It also seems that players edited/created are not ending up in the NHL draft for their draft eligible year.
Blue&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:52 PM   #10
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
It just occurred to me that I may have a good hint as to what is happening. I remember editing a player and changing his nationality to test something but he kept playing for his old country in international games. It would appear there is an other flag somewhere that is not updated by the editor. The result is that created players have no country and edited players keep their old country.
That nails it.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:53 PM   #11
KorbenDallasMultipass
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
That nails it.
Just noticed something similar but not exactly the same.
I edited three 13 year old players that were defencemen and changed them to be forwards, made them 15 and put them on a CHL team. Now 2 years later the teams play them as forwards, the depth chart shows them as forward but their major role in their profile says they are a defenceman.

edit: Seems to be fixed when they moved up to the nhl.

Last edited by KorbenDallasMultipass; 11-15-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:49 PM   #12
KorbenDallasMultipass
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I think I found an other issue with the editor. These 4 players have had their attributes configured identically in the editor. One is a new player created from the WHL league and the other 3 are existing 13-14 year olds that have been edited.

I think they should all have the same potential.

Could it be related to the major role? I dont think so but here is the info anyway.

And the attributes are read differently

The edit screen as saved

Last edited by KorbenDallasMultipass; 11-15-2016 at 11:57 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:24 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Editing existing players to new positions will have unpredictable effects due to uneditable parts of the player data that are related to position. It's generally best to create an entirely new player instead.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:31 AM   #14
KorbenDallasMultipass
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Editing existing players to new positions will have unpredictable effects due to uneditable parts of the player data that are related to position. It's generally best to create an entirely new player instead.
Right now editing existing players was my work around so players would be in international competitions. I would not have any problem sticking with editing same position players but that's what I did with "edited3" and he ends up a 2 star potential instead of 5 star. He wont make it to the NHL while "edited2" and "newplayer" will be NHL super stars. I feel editing identical attributes should have more predictable results in both ability and potential.

So basically I'm kinda stumped here. Will have to put on hold our forum playthrough until the creation allows for international play I guess. Any hope of seeing this in an upcoming patch?
Old 11-17-2016, 03:06 AM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

There'll be some variation in listed potential because of the hidden consensus rating that affects scouting over/under-estimation of the players. Their actual development, though, shouldn't be vastly different, except the over-estimated player probably getting better opportunities. The amount of variation you saw is more than I'd expect from that one factor, though; I've been experimenting a bit t find the reasons but haven't been able to replicate the result yet.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:23 PM   #16
KorbenDallasMultipass
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
There'll be some variation in listed potential because of the hidden consensus rating that affects scouting over/under-estimation of the players. Their actual development, though, shouldn't be vastly different, except the over-estimated player probably getting better opportunities. The amount of variation you saw is more than I'd expect from that one factor, though; I've been experimenting a bit t find the reasons but haven't been able to replicate the result yet.
Here is what the difference looks like 10 years later. It could be as you say missed opportunities but they seem to stack up pretty high but if they think he's average I guess that's possible. Also the "bad" player is now rated 1 star and 4.5 star potential, the "good" one is rated 3.5 and 5 star potential. I have a save game at the start and the one in 2027 if you ever needed them.

Right now I have resorted to editing existing 13-14 year old players of the correct position, nation and potential. That seems to be working good for what I want to do.

Last edited by KorbenDallasMultipass; 11-17-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:38 AM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, if you could upload those that'd make it a lot easier to figure out exactly what's happening.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:40 PM   #18
KorbenDallasMultipass
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Yeah, if you could upload those that'd make it a lot easier to figure out exactly what's happening.
Zipped the 2 save folders in one file. And put a readme.txt that linked to this thread in the file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byf...ew?usp=sharing
Old 11-25-2016, 01:35 PM   #19
Blue&Gold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Would it be possible to also look into why edited/created players are not entering the NHL draft? I'm not seeing any players I edit or create in the central scouting rankings (pre-season, mid-season or final rankings) even though they are clearly superstar potential players. And then once the draft passes I notice they do not get drafted.

I should say that I really have only put these players in professional Europe leagues though. Could that be the problem? Is anyone else having this problem when creating players for the CHL?
Blue&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:42 AM   #20
JeffR
FHM Producer

The most likely causes for being left out of the draft (aside from the age being entirely wrong for the draft) are that their NHL rights are set to "Free" instead of "None" - "Free" implies that they're no longer draft-eligible, or that they're 18 but have a late birthday (post-September 15) that makes them ineligible.