Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #1
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

A couple of PtG questions

I wanted to reflect on a couple of things that I've experienced in my limited time playing the game so far.

Since there would be some level of work around in Sandbox (Commish mode etc) I'm wondering about the direction that PtG is going with player development.

Currently, I have no control over where my AHL coach plays my prospect. The result has been guys playing in positions that I would not want them to, and young goalies that I would rather have starting than journeymen potential backups riding the pine. I also do not currently have the ability to train a player out of position like, for example, if I wanted a guy to play right wing to develop his skills there instead of playing at a position where I might be rather deep.

Its interesting to see players develop but if they are not developing in a manner that benefits the franchise, other than making them into trade bait, whats the point?

Is there any push to give us more control over our minor league teams as a GM? Will I at any point have the opportunity to set depth charts within my franchise or dictate to my minor league coach that a player needs to be played in a certain position?

Also, I cannot currently hire/fire AHL staff. Are there any thoughts about enabling that?

Finally, I have a question about GM Development since that's one of the things that makes PtG unique.

I am wondering, specifically, about the "Negotiation" stat. As that stat develops, will I be able to get more in trade deals, or sign players to more beneficial contracts? How much of a difference should we expect? If I'm a "greenhorn" NHL manager taking over a high performing team with an owner who isnt that patient, will I be able to stay afloat as I try to improve the team?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:59 PM   #2
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

I just found the "Manage Minors" option in Sandbox. Any chance that'll be turned on in PtG?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-20-2016, 10:06 PM   #3
pedersenk
Minors (Double A)

One thing I'm wondering is why coaches categorized as 'assistant coach' can't be hired as head coaches. Seems a little odd to me.

Also after my first season, I fired Willie Desjardins (natch), replaced him with a new coach, and the new coach didn't accumulate any stats in the next season, which I'm ~halfway through.

Last edited by pedersenk; 10-21-2016 at 03:23 AM.
pedersenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:29 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Hiring staff outside of their current position has been on the request list for a while, but I'm not sure if it'll make it in before the release.

Not sure what's up with the coaching stats, we'll check that out.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:36 AM   #5
pedersenk
Minors (Double A)

Thank you, Jeff. If it makes any difference I'm running the mac version.
pedersenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:34 PM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

To answer the OP question: roster management (for the AI and user) and everything that counts to it will be our main focus in the following year. How much we can add via an update to FHM 3 (where we have to make sure that save games stay compatible) and what has to wait for FHM 4, I can´t say at this point.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:30 PM   #7
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Thanks. How much will GM ratings influence the game? If my Negotiations rating gets up to say.. 15.. how much of a difference will I see in contracts and trades?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-21-2016, 05:32 PM   #8
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Also while I'm at it.. How much of an impact does sending players down in the preseason to play minor leaguers on a tryout basis have on their morale? If I want to split a game between Scott Wedgewood and Keith Kinkaid, and I send Schneider to Albany, will his morale take a hit because he was sent down?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic