Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:37 PM   #1
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

PTG: GM Mode

If I am only playing as the GM, is there any reason we should be giving ratings to the head coach during the season creation process? Would seem that is not necessary and shouldn't even be an option since you are not the head coach of the team.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:40 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
If I am only playing as the GM, is there any reason we should be giving ratings to the head coach during the season creation process? Would seem that is not necessary and shouldn't even be an option since you are not the head coach of the team.
It is there because you could switch to GM/Coach mode during your game. But you are right, from a realism standpoint it makes no sense.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:43 PM   #3
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Gotcha...wasn't aware you could switch between the modes.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:48 PM   #4
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Couple other quick questions....in GM mode, went to manager screen and says my GM is responsible for setting training? Wouldn't that be the job of the coach? I also advanced to the first pre season game and it is telling me there is not enough players in the lineup. The roster is full, wouldn't that be the job of the coach to ensure the lineup is correctly setup?
Old 10-17-2016, 08:55 PM   #5
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Have to admit that I am puzzled....doesn't seem like the head coach is doing anything on their own (dressing players, setting strategy, etc.) and I can't set it for them since I am only playing as GM. Possible issue? Unless I am doing something wrong.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:10 PM   #6
Malte Schwarz

It's a bug regarding viewing games in GM only mode and we will fix it as soon as possible. For now, you can disable "Show Games" on the "Manager Options" screen and your headcoach will take care of your lines and tactics and he will manage the games.

Your headcoach will be always used for training internally, just the display of the training settings is not working properly.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:16 PM   #7
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Thanks I will try that
Old 10-21-2016, 08:27 PM   #8
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

With the latest update, now seeing an issue when GM only and I uncheck the show games box....lines and strategy don't get setup and receive check your lineup messages. I had to show games and go into a game and come out to get it to advance, but likely will see it again if a lineup issue exists.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:33 PM   #9
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
It is there because you could switch to GM/Coach mode during your game. But you are right, from a realism standpoint it makes no sense.
Actually It makes alot of sense from a realism standpoint If you're starting from a lower end league. It's not uncommon for a GM to once of been a coach at one level or another or sometimes both roles. Many great GMs started as coaches.

Last edited by dave1927p; 10-21-2016 at 08:34 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:36 PM   #10
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Actually It makes alot of sense from a realism standpoint If you're starting from a lower end league. It's not uncommon for a GM to once of been a coach at one level or another or sometimes both roles. Many great GMs started as coaches.
But I would think assigning ratings to the head coach should not happen until you actually become a head coach in the league, not at the start....it could be years (if ever) you make the switch.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:40 PM   #11
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
But I would think assigning ratings to the head coach should not happen until you actually become a head coach in the league, not at the start....it could be years (if ever) you make the switch.
To be honest I don't know at the moment but I think after you started you get only Coach points when you play as coach or the moment you switch to it.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:42 PM   #12
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
To be honest I don't know at the moment but I think after you started you get only Coach points when you play as coach or the moment you switch to it.
When I started latest version, it had option to assign points to both GM and head coach, even though selected GM.

But the other issue actually more important to me

With the latest update, now seeing an issue when GM only and I uncheck the show games box....lines and strategy don't get setup and receive check your lineup messages. I had to show games and go into a game and come out to get it to advance, but likely will see it again if a lineup issue exists.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:23 PM   #13
Rand
Minors (Double A)

Same issue here, despite being set as GM only I get a message saying I need to check my lineup.
I need to manually proceed into a game and set all lineup and tactical decisions for my coach in order to proceed.
And if/when any injuries happen I'm forced to do so again as my coach doesn't seem to ever actively make any decisions himself.

As far as I can tell after the update I always act as GM and Coach regardless of my settings.
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote