Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2015, 06:12 AM   #21
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

1980's... any seasons. Definitely my hockey sweet spot.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #22
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

1983-84. Just to see if the Islanders can make it 5 out of 5.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:11 PM   #23
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
If it's like OOTP then there will be options to have the game make all real trades or allow the game to do it's own thing once you select the starting year. In OOTP you can have a draft each season or allow all players to go to the team they really started with.[

Many other options to so that players develop from their starting point, or you can have them reset to actual ratings each season.
You are correct, this is how it works, similarly to OOTP. You can allow the game engine to take over the development and thus things may or may not turn out more closely to real life.. or you can set it to automatically adjust ratings after each season and thus performances will be more true to life.

Similarly, you can choose to draft rookies organically, or have them show up on the team they initial played on.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:59 PM   #24
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushamiBoy View Post
I agree. It would be interesting to see how the game matches the eras. Also how it transitions from era to era. Will the game factor it in itself or do we tweak the goal output ourselves for each year as the 70s turn to the 80s or the 80s into the 90s? Are there presets or is it all up to our love of making the eras what they were.

I have never played the historical mode so I have no idea what to expect. Will Edmonton always trade Gretzky to LA unless you are controlling one of those teams? Will teams always draft like they did? What if Boston drafted Patrick Roy, that would have been awkward...
Forget Edmonton trading Gretzky to LA, I want to make it so the Indianapolis Racers never trade him to Edmonton!
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:43 PM   #25
thrashers
Bat Boy

hi, i can't wait to buy fhm2, just wondering if i start season 2010 as atlanta thrashers next year 2011 i will control winnipeg jets or still atlanta thrashers? thank you
thrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:01 AM   #26
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashers View Post
hi, i can't wait to buy fhm2, just wondering if i start season 2010 as atlanta thrashers next year 2011 i will control winnipeg jets or still atlanta thrashers? thank you
It will change to Winnipeg, but you could easily go into the edit screen on commish mode and simply change it back.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:47 PM   #27
thrashers
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
It will change to Winnipeg, but you could easily go into the edit screen on commish mode and simply change it back.
fhm2 is gonna be the best hockey manager, thank you game developer.
thrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #28
Leafs67
Minors (Triple A)

How far back does historical mode go? If it goes back to the first NHL season (17-18), then I'd like to see the 1931-32 season for the Kid Line, Bread Line, Morenz and Joliat, etc.
Leafs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #29
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs67 View Post
How far back does historical mode go? If it goes back to the first NHL season (17-18), then I'd like to see the 1931-32 season for the Kid Line, Bread Line, Morenz and Joliat, etc.

Actually I think it goes back to 1930-31.
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:53 AM   #30
PortoMarco
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cole, out of curiosity. Does the current game accept the Kessel to Pittsburgh trade or does the Pittsburgh/Toronto GM ask for more?
PortoMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:27 AM   #31
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortoMarco View Post
Cole, out of curiosity. Does the current game accept the Kessel to Pittsburgh trade or does the Pittsburgh/Toronto GM ask for more?
I offered it as Pittsburgh GM and as I sent it out the opinion on my side was that it was a well balanced offer.

Toronto, however, declined.

I took out their 2nd round pick and added a second round pick sent from Pittsburgh and Toronto accepted.

Some things to keep in mind though:

- I just popped open a 2014/2015 game at season start and offered it.. So it wasn't exactly in a trade deadline scenario or anything like that. Perhaps Toronto still thought they were going to win the Cup? ()

- I wanted to quickly see what would make it work, so I just quickly added/subtracted the draft picks.. It's very possible other combinations of those players and picks could have made it work. I didn't really try to get the best return, just quickly put something that Toronto would accept to see.

- Before anyone else requests 10 different trades for me to see if the AI accepts, I'll put an end to it there. I had a few minutes to do that one, but I have a laundry list of tasks to do at the moment and won't have time to spare on that. You guys will all have a chance to play around with the trade AI on your own soon enough and see what deals you can and can't get done with it
Old 08-21-2015, 09:36 AM   #32
PortoMarco
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks Cole.

The reason I asked is that I noticed this morning on my FB feed that TSN had posted the result of the Kessel trade in the new EA NHL '16. The EA game accepted it outright and was wondering if FHM would do the same.

Cheers!
PortoMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:17 AM   #33
Snooze
Bat Boy

79-80 when the WHA joined the NHL
Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:39 PM   #34
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
Most of us i would say don't care. We just want to take a look at historical mode in general.
Agreed. I'll settle for anything at this point.

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:02 PM   #35
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Keep your eyes peeled for a new blog tonight, everyone
Old 09-12-2015, 07:00 PM   #36
Fred Shero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs67 View Post

I would love to see the PCHA in the game.
Fred Shero is offline   Reply With Quote