Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #61
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Correct. But the status of the player doesn't matter; whether the guy is retired or recently drafted, it's the same bug - you shouldn't be able to offer him a contract.
Agreed, but the retired and career-ending guys don't allow you to sign them if you click that button. The drafted players do allow you to sign them away from the team that drafted them. That's the problem.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #62
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Agreed, but the retired and career-ending guys don't allow you to sign them if you click that button. The drafted players do allow you to sign them away from the team that drafted them. That's the problem.
Fair enough. If that's how we're looking at it, then le receveur's example does not pertain. But I think the obvious solution here is to simply get rid of the "Offer Contract" button in the email - since there's no other way to offer a recent draft pick a contract. And in that case, his example fits.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:13 PM   #63
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Fair enough. If that's how we're looking at it, then le receveur's example does not pertain. But I think the obvious solution here is to simply get rid of the "Offer Contract" button in the email - since there's no other way to offer a recent draft pick a contract. And in that case, his example fits.
It may be the same solution, but there's no need to point Markus and his guys toward anything other than the exact problem. That's why I said his screenshot was irrelevant. That was probably a bit harsh on my part, so I apologize. I was just trying to keep the focus on the exact problem, which appears to be a significant exploit.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #64
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:

again, I am trying to identify the source of the problem, and help programmers . Technically the career ending would allow me to sign the player. if takes me to the offer screen when I press the button. the only reason I can't sign him, is because he tells me: 'sorry I am out of baseball now'

I have to assume if there was any other email where the stat box appears at the bottom, and the player is not assigned to a team, you would get the same feature. The only reason it doesn't happen in a non feeder league, is that it does not generate email about One single player ...

let's say we got an email about the No.1 pick, (I have asked for that in ideas) and the negotiation problems, we might have the same issue.
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #65
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
It may be the same solution, but there's no need to point Markus and his guys toward anything other than the exact problem. That's why I said his screenshot was irrelevant. That was probably a bit harsh on my part, so I apologize. I was just trying to keep the focus on the exact problem, which appears to be a significant exploit.
and I was just trying to point the programmers to the source, since there seemed to be many misleading info going around, linking it to Commish Mode, Feeder Leagues and Major Awards. that email seemed to point it to another place, ie. the email itself.

and maybe I was defensive.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #66
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
and I was just trying to point the programmers to the source, since there seemed to be many misleading info going around, linking it to Commish Mode, Feeder Leagues and Major Awards. that email seemed to point it to another place, ie. the email itself.

and maybe I was defensive.
Fair enough, and I apologize if I came across harsh toward your posts. I just wanted to keep focus on the fact that it's drafted players, not any other players, where the real problem occurs. The button on its own is a problem, but the devs at some point built in a mechanism to keep retired/injured players from signing, but they didn't do it for drafted players. I was worried that they'd just see your screenshot of the career-ending injury guy and think the problem didn't exist, particularly following Bowtie's post that he wasn't going to tell Markus about it.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #67
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Fair enough, and I apologize if I came across harsh toward your posts. I just wanted to keep focus on the fact that it's drafted players, not any other players, where the real problem occurs. The button on its own is a problem, but the devs at some point built in a mechanism to keep retired/injured players from signing, but they didn't do it for drafted players. I was worried that they'd just see your screenshot of the career-ending injury guy and think the problem didn't exist, particularly following Bowtie's post that he wasn't going to tell Markus about it.

in understand. no problem. and i also reacted to Bowtie's email stating it was only in commish mode, when i had tested that it was not the case, and i thought the other example would show it was actually a deeper problem then a niche feeder league problem (and could become bigger should email be expended, which many of us have asked for....)
Old 02-01-2014, 10:03 PM   #68
tejdog1
All Star Starter

I wasn't in commish mode when this happened.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:21 AM   #69
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I got an e-mail involving Jim Unknown and got a link to offer a contract to Dusty Bird who is in the draft pool.
Attached Images

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote