Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #21
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
If you are buying OOTP from a discounted third party then you are not fully supporting OOTP. That's just a fact. It doesn't matter who says it, it's just a fact.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.

Last edited by The Wolf; 07-25-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Being nice
Old 07-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #22
LondonYankee
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
If you are cheap enough to buy OOTP from a discounted third party then you are not fully supporting OOTP. That's just a fact. It doesn't matter who says it, it's just a fact.
For the record I bought mine from this site. At full price.
Not sure if you've checked but it costs the same on amazon so not sure why you're calling people cheap.
I can only assume you've paid full price and didn't take advantage of any pre order discount. If you did get a discount then you're a hypocrite.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #23
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
For the record I bought te game from te OOTp site but if someone did find the game cheaper from a third party Leave them alone. Times are hard a few bucks save can mean a lot for some people. Not everyone here are 40 year virgins some of us have responsibilities, wife, children in my case I also have a very ill
Mother which cost me money to try to keep her alive on top of my wife, and other expenses. Don't rag on people for wanting to save a few bucks
Old 07-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #24
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonYankee View Post
For the record I bought mine from this site. At full price.
Not sure if you've checked but it costs the same on amazon so not sure why you're calling people cheap.
I can only assume you've paid full price and didn't take advantage of any pre order discount. If you did get a discount then you're a hypocrite.
I bought OOTP 14 at full price from OOTP.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #25
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
For the record I bought te game from te OOTp site but if someone did find the game cheaper from a third party Leave them alone. Times are hard a few bucks save can mean a lot for some people. Not everyone here are 40 year virgins some of us have responsibilities, wife, children in my case I also have a very ill
Mother which cost me money to try to keep her alive on top of my wife, and other expenses. Don't rag on people for wanting to save a few bucks
The argument is this: if you don't buy directly from OOTP, then you are not fully supporting OOTP. Anyone who wants to argue that statement is welcome to post their reasoning - not insults, but their reasoning,

Old 07-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #26
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
This. When you purchase the game from any place other then the OOTP Webstore, a certain percentage of the sale goes to that vendor, IIRC. However, by purchasing the game directly from our webstore, all funds collected from the sale go to OOTP Developments. No middle man.
Here are the facts, as clearly stated by Bowtie. Argue against them.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #27
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The argument is this: if you don't buy directly from OOTP, then you are not fully supporting OOTP. Anyone who wants to argue that statement is welcome to post their reasoning - not insults, but their reasoning,
There is no argument.

Someone asked if they could get updates if they bought the game on Amazon.

You decided to start telling people they're cheap if they don't "fully" support OOTP.

Then you went to say anyone could argue your point, but not "insult".

Nice one......
Old 07-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #28
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
There is no argument.
Nice to see you get something right.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #29
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

This is turning out to be one of the silliest threads ever. Amazon couldn't sell OOTP without Markus giving the go ahead, so if he doesn't mind, why should we. I bet he simply wants to get his game into as many hands as possible. I for one was introduced to this game when I purchased Season Ticket for $4.99 at Office Depot.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #30
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Customers are customers. The cut that a third party gets is essentially a marketing cost to OOTP and one that OOTP apparently feels is worthwhile in the effort to spread a wider web than would exist if the game could only be purchased from their web store.

They made the decision; I am sure that they are ok with the ramifications and greatly appreciate all customers, even those being unfairly urinated on here in this thread.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #31
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
This. When you purchase the game from any place other then the OOTP Webstore, a certain percentage of the sale goes to that vendor, IIRC. However, by purchasing the game directly from our webstore, all funds collected from the sale go to OOTP Developments. No middle man.
LOL. Either you fully support OOTP with your purchase, as Bowtie pointed out, or you buy from a third party and don't. That's the point here.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #32
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nice to see you get something right.
I really like how you "Fully" support OOTP.

A potential future customer asks a question about purchasing the game on Amazon.

Your marketing strategy (Full Support) is to tell him he's cheap if he buys it from Amazon.

Keep up the good work Wolf, before you know it sales will be through the roof.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #33
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
LOL. Either you fully support OOTP with your purchase, as Bowtie pointed out, or you buy from a third party and don't. That's the point here.
Not really true I would imagine. OOTP is allowing sales on Amazon for a reason (unless you believe that they do not know what they are doing and need to be 'saved' by warning people not to buy from sources that they have decided to work with).

Perhaps sales there and comments from those who purchase and suggesting that people who bought OOTP might also like FHM (which they will undoubtedly do when that is fully up and running) are things that they believe will lead to greater sales and profits.

I really don't think they need you to save them from decisions that they have made by kicking their customers. Perhaps I am wrong and that is exactly what they want but I sort of doubt it.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #34
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Bluenoser: You realize that you lost the argument, so now you are just tossing insults? Nice.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #35
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
Not really true I would imagine. OOTP is allowing sales on Amazon for a reason (unless you believe that they do not know what they are doing and need to be 'saved' by warning people not to buy from sources that they have decided to work with).

Perhaps sales there and comments from those who purchase and suggesting that people who bought OOTP might also like FHM (which they will undoubtedly do when that is fully up and running) are things that they believe will lead to greater sales and profits.

I really don't think they need you to save them from decisions that they have made by kicking their customers. Perhaps I am wrong and that is exactly what they want but I sort of doubt it.
You think Bowtie is incorrect? On what basis?

Old 07-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #36
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
How did he lose the argument? He is entitled to his view just like you. And has a consumer he has the right to pay what he wants. He is just making the point that Its not nice to insult people from wanting but from a third party. The customer has the right
to buy from whatever source he wants.

Last edited by Padreman; 07-25-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #37
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Bluenoser: You realize that you lost the argument, so now you are just tossing insults? Nice.
Please Wolf, enlighten me as to what I was arguing. And be sure to highlight the text, because I never argued anything other than to call you out for being so insulting. I never once said he was "fully" supporting OOTP. I never once said buying the game elsewhere is "fully" supporting OOTP. You went on the rant about "full" support and insulting people by calling them cheap.

I answered his question.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #38
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Please Wolf, enlighten me as to what I was arguing. And be sure to highlight the text, because I never argued anything other than to call you out for being so insulting. I never once said he was "fully" supporting OOTP. I never once said buying the game elsewhere is "fully" supporting OOTP. You went on the rant about "full" support and insulting people by calling them cheap.

I answered his question.
Then you agree that buying the game elsewhere is not fully supporting OOTP. Thank you for your agreement.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #39
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
How did he lose the argument? He is entitled to his view just like you. And has a consumer he has the right to pay what he wants. He is just making the point that Its not nice to insult people from wanting but from a third party. The customer has the right
to buy from whatever source he wants.
And Bowtie and I have the right to point out that doing so does not fully support OOTP.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #40
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Then you agree that buying the game elsewhere is not fully supporting OOTP. Thank you for your agreement.
Wolf, for god sakes, learn to read. I never ever disagreed with that statement.
Closed Thread