Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-21-2019, 02:37 PM   #1
bearcatbbal22
Minors (Double A)

Promotion/Relegation League Draft Order is incorrect

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue from this thread?
And if there's an update for it?

https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa....php?p=4426688
bearcatbbal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:40 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I think most of the stuff from there made it in. Have you tried it out recently?
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:55 PM   #3
bearcatbbal22
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the quick response! I'm playing with it now, the draft automatically gives the teams that are demoted to a lower league the top picks in the draft. I have to manually change the draft each year - I'm wondering if there's an option where I don't need to do that?
Old 06-21-2019, 03:38 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

In the association settings, under the draft settings, I believe there should be a few choices to select the draft order.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #5
andyhdz
All Star Starter

I don't think the draft order was fixed in any patches from what I've seen.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:13 PM   #6
bearcatbbal22
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
In the association settings, under the draft settings, I believe there should be a few choices to select the draft order.
Yes, though all of the options give the relegated teams the first selections.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:20 AM   #7
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Just to be clear the Association draft order was not fixed at all and it sorted by teams winning percentage with leagues all mixed in no matter what setting you choose. In addition teams promoted get last pick and teams relegated get first pick. I checked last night.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:02 PM   #8
bearcatbbal22
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
Just to be clear the Association draft order was not fixed at all and it sorted by teams winning percentage with leagues all mixed in no matter what setting you choose. In addition teams promoted get last pick and teams relegated get first pick. I checked last night.
Can the associated settings be fixed to reflect the option you choose? Should be a quick fix to make the appropriate draft order.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:50 PM   #9
andyhdz
All Star Starter

all you can do is make sure it's reported and hope they fix it this year.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:25 PM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Okay, yeah, it looks like there are some issues with promoted/relegated teams always ending up at the top/bottom. We should have this fixed in the next patch. Do keep in mind that at some point the draft order will "lock in", so if you are on the draft date, you probably won't see a change, and will have to wait for the next draft to see the fix working.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:19 PM   #11
bearcatbbal22
Minors (Double A)

nm

Last edited by bearcatbbal22; 06-25-2019 at 02:04 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:07 PM   #12
asheft
Minors (Triple A)

Just going to piggyback on this. I commish a pro/rel league, and though I have it checked to do league then winning percentage, it seems to always sort by record as others have noted. I have to manually do the draft order every year. Would love to see this fixed as well.

While we are on the topic of pro/rel leagues, there are a couple other issues I’d love to see addressed. The first is that compensation free agents frequently do not have their picks assigned correctly when signed in a different league than that of their previous team.

The second is that any team the game “thinks” should be promoted or relegated, but is not (due to house rules, e.g. promotion series) has financial issues the following year. Several sources of revenue and expenses appear doubled, and have to be manually adjusted. I’m happy to provide more of an explanation for this and/or screenshots if necessary.

Thanks to the devs in advance for anything they’re able to do to help address these.
asheft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:10 PM   #13
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

I would like to see an option where a league gets all of their picks before the other leagues (not just for the round). I would prefer for the higher level teams to make all of their picks before the next level, etc. So, if you have a 20-team Level One league and you want them each to get 5 picks, League Two's first pick is Pick #101.

Last edited by Rain King; 06-25-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:47 PM   #14
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheft View Post

While we are on the topic of pro/rel leagues, there are a couple other issues I’d love to see addressed. The first is that compensation free agents frequently do not have their picks assigned correctly when signed in a different league than that of their previous team.

yes I've submitted a bug report for this but you should too. It was not fixed in the last patch. I've had to give up my house rules pro/rel determinations because of this.

Also something has been disturbing me about teams that get relegated. Have you noticed teams that relegate always just seem to tank in their relegation year? I hope that it's not because they are going to re-building mode and the AI not realizing that if you have a fire sale and get rid of your high priced talent to save money you are pretty much asking to be relegated. The AI shouldn't go into rebuilding mode or it should know it can't be too drastic since it has dire consequences. I know there was AI built for teams to try and avoid relegation but I'm wondering if that kicks in too late to recover after they go into rebuilding mode and shoot themselves in the foot.

Last edited by andyhdz; 06-25-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:51 PM   #15
andyhdz
All Star Starter

so I also want to say how much I really enjoy my pro/rel league. I wasn't a first adopter to this nor did I even ask for it but I really like this setup. It definitely keeps leagues from going stale since sometimes that happens and seasons can all seem alike. With pro/rel you get to see the drama of teams falling on their face their stars bailing out on them and watch them try and recover. or you can see a team try and rise as they win and make it to the top division. I'm on year 21 of my 30, 10, 10, 24 pro/rel pyramid and it's really fun seeing things unfold. I started on the bottom division and now I'm on year 6 of being on the top division but do to my limited finances I'm an average payroll team trying to squeak out a world series title. It's really tough not being able to take the easy way out and just tank for a few seasons as you build cheap talent since that means you get a one way ticket to my division 2 league.

Last edited by andyhdz; 06-25-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:36 AM   #16
asheft
Minors (Triple A)

I can’t comment on the pro/rel AI, since I’ve only used that setup in an online league. I’ll see about submitting a formal ticket for the issues I’ve seen.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:11 AM   #17
asheft
Minors (Triple A)

Association draft order does not seem to be fixed in the latest patch, assuming the fix is intended to immediately apply to an existing league (in the middle of the regular season, just after the draft). Can any devs comment on this, and whether the order might be correct for the draft after next?
Old 07-02-2019, 12:01 PM   #18
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheft View Post
Association draft order does not seem to be fixed in the latest patch, assuming the fix is intended to immediately apply to an existing league (in the middle of the regular season, just after the draft). Can any devs comment on this, and whether the order might be correct for the draft after next?
It should be fixed immediately, but there may be cases that the draft order gets set early. If the order is changing as teams are winning and losing, then it should give a correct order. I would potentially suggest checking again after the season to see if things are improved.

And if not, please do let us know your setup (including potentially linking or sending over the league files) so we can have a deeper look.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:55 PM   #19
andyhdz
All Star Starter

I can concur this is still not fixed and I ran two seasons and draft order is still the same.