Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-20-2019, 04:21 PM   #1
Tony79
Minors (Double A)

Trading is ridiculous!

So i started a MLB game as the NYY and looked what i could get for Tulo who is getting paid league minimum and a pretty poor backup SS. These are some of the guys i got offered.

Bumgardner, Wacha, Hosmer, Polanco, Cody Allen, Danny Duffy, Brad Hand, Raisel Iglesias, Colome, Taijan Walker, Gausman, Teheran and on and on.

And it's like that for loads of average backup/AAA guys. I could pretty much turn a group of bums into a all star team easily.

Maybe all these teams are just looking at payroll and want the contracts gone BUT this is the first week and lots of these teams are potential contenders and shouldn't even be thinking about getting rid of all star closers under control for years for someone as useless as Tulo.
Tony79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:28 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
And it's like that for loads of average backup/AAA guys. I could pretty much turn a group of bums into a all star team easily.
Except that you have to pay the contracts that you take on...
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:34 PM   #3
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

One thing I'd like to see improved with the trade AI is the cpu teams not trying to offload players they just signed or just signed to an extension. The very first AI-to-AI trade I saw in my save was the Twins dealing Max Kepler to Tampa Bay. Kepler just signed a 6-year contract extension before this season. If the programmers could essentially put those types of players onto the team's "untouchable" list that might help.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:38 PM   #4
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
One thing I'd like to see improved with the trade AI is the cpu teams not trying to offload players they just signed or just signed to an extension. The very first AI-to-AI trade I saw in my save was the Twins dealing Max Kepler to Tampa Bay. Kepler just signed a 6-year contract extension before this season. If the programmers could essentially put those types of players onto the team's "untouchable" list that might help.
They mentioned in another post that the AI cannot consider the real life current deals, but when made in game the AI does not try to move newly acquired players.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #5
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
They mentioned in another post that the AI cannot consider the real life current deals, but when made in game the AI does not try to move newly acquired players.
Was there an explanation of why it is this way? If the contract is indicated as "signed before the 2019 season," it would seem the game knows this information. I'm not questioning that it is the way you say, I just wonder why--if it has to do with the "these are not real life contracts" popup message or if it's a programming limitation.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:05 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

You can always tun the trading difficulty up

But a lot of those guys you mention are bad contracts with negative value or at least close to it, so the AI will happily get rid of them for a bag of peanuts.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote