Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 12-15-2015, 10:12 AM   #1
jenleclair
Bat Boy

A Big Thank You

Hi my name is Jenna and I have joined today to post a message to the members of the forum.

On the 20th November I lost my best friend since the age of 8 and my husband since the age of 22. What we share is that we all knew him as Penfold.

Matt was a hockey geek and I know he won't mind me saying that. He loved hockey so much that one of our first dates was to watch the Jets in 1992. I remember we both cried a lot when the team moved and rejoiced when they came back.

He also loved sports games on his PC and when Franchise Hockey Manager appeared he had to have it. I remember him being a bit disappointed and stomping around the house for a few weeks after it came out. I also remember him being a bit stressed because he thought he had upset someone called Seb but I think they ironed it out.

He had often wondered about volunteering to help with the new game but Matt always questioned what he had to offer and thought there would be much better people already involved. That was Matt though very sensitive and playing down his role in things or what he could do to help. He was overjoyed when he got the chance to do testing and research for Franchise Hockey Manager 2. I would like to thank those who asked him as it really helped him through what was very tough time in his life. However, it meant he would disappear into his study for hours and all I could hear was keys getting tapped on his keyboard but he was really happy. He again got a bit stressed as he had committed to do some work and he didn't think he was well enough to finish it. Fortunately he was helped a lot by a friend he met on the forums and the happy Matt came back.

This brings me back to the point of my post - friendship and community. The same friend who helped Matt with his research showed me the brilliant messages that you guys had left when you found out Matt had passed away. I want to thank you all for your thoughts and best wishes at what was a really devastating time for our family. It meant a lot to me to know how fondly remembered he was by all of you. I still have many of the messages printed in a folder and now after a few weeks it's nice to look at them again so I thought I would say thank you. Communities like this forum are important and people make friends with people they may never meet because they share a common interest or goal. People offer support to strangers like Matt and that means a lot. Our family met a friend for life and his family through this forum and that is something I will treasure. I met him for the first time when he turned up on our doorstep with groceries and takeaway after Matt had sent him a message because we were all having a bad day. I had no idea who he was but he explained how he knew Matt and although it seemed a bit strange I am glad I let him in (it was raining and cold and he had my favourite biscuits ).

So respect each other, don't criticise people who don't agree with your point of view just talk it out and make friends on here. Matt was my best friend and it was nice to know he had a few on this forum.

I hope you all have a great Christmas and a brilliant New Year and once more thanks from the Le Clair family.

Jenna
jenleclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:35 AM   #2
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Thank you so much for your post Jenna. I was the one who got together the list of forum members to join our beta team and and I was the fortunate one who got to message Penfold asking if he was interested. He definitely was enthusiastic to get involved and was a very valuable member of our community here.

I'm deeply sorry for your loss, but thank you again for sharing this very important message with us.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:45 AM   #3
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

One of the great things of internet, thanks Jenna
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:23 PM   #4
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Sorry for your loss Jenna
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 04:43 AM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thank you very much for the kind words, Jenna. I am so sorry for your loss and wish you and your family all the best and plenty of strength during the darker moments.

Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:50 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenleclair View Post
He was overjoyed when he got the chance to do testing and research for Franchise Hockey Manager 2. I would like to thank those who asked him as it really helped him through what was very tough time in his life. However, it meant he would disappear into his study for hours and all I could hear was keys getting tapped on his keyboard but he was really happy. He again got a bit stressed as he had committed to do some work and he didn't think he was well enough to finish it. Fortunately he was helped a lot by a friend he met on the forums and the happy Matt came back.
For the record, Jenna, he did indeed do a terrific job and was a huge help to us. I'm very sorry for your loss.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:58 PM   #7
gglennwill
Minors (Triple A)

Thank you for posting Jenna. I always enjoyed reading your husband's posts. Condolences to your whole family.
gglennwill is offline   Reply With Quote