Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 09-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #61
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
So then what happens for players who go on to be coaches? Coaches need to age or they'll coach for all eternity.
Coaches can age and retire as well. They already have a different card for coaching. So when they coach they'll age on their coach card, but not their player profile card. When they retire from coaching their picture and age should freeze as of their coaching retirement date on their coaching profile card.

Probably easier said then done in terms of programing I'm sure, but to me that is the solution that makes the most sense.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #62
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
They retire from coaching once they hit 70-75 years of age.
Seems to me that instead of freezing their age, it could just be removed from their player profile once they're retired. That way we don't have guys who were born 200 years ago being listed as 43 years old.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #63
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

I'm still a fan of my previous post. On or off options. Those who want to implement can; those who want it left as is just turn the option off. Bam! Everyone's satisfied
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #64
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

in real life players have died while playing but they seem to have happened during preseason and the most famous recent player dying during season would be Thurman Munson. However there have been more than a handful that have died while still playing but in offseason or preseason.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #65
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
in real life players have died while playing but they seem to have happened during preseason and the most famous recent player dying during season would be Thurman Munson. However there have been more than a handful that have died while still playing but in offseason or preseason.
Nick Adenhart????
Old 09-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #66
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I know one died for the Angels his name is unknown to me. IF I happen to remember right that season they played on his behalf and they began to win. However in the back of mind I am thinking Minnesota. NOT sure but I do know both deaths in spring training that I am aware of happened in Florida. during the offseason would have to be roberto clemente.

However I do not know who Nick Adenhart is sorry.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #67
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know one died for the Angels his name is unknown to me. IF I happen to remember right that season they played on his behalf and they began to win. However in the back of mind I am thinking Minnesota. NOT sure but I do know both deaths in spring training that I am aware of happened in Florida. during the offseason would have to be roberto clemente.

Nick Adenhart is the Angels player who was killed in 2009 in a drunk driving accident.

In 1993, Indians pitchers Steve Olin and Tim Crews were killed in a boating accident during spring training. Bobby Ojeda was serious injured, but survived.

Darryl Kile was found dead in his hotel room in June 2002 while pitching for for the Cardinals.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #68
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

It does get a bit ridiculous. Maybe I'll bring 134-year old Old Hoss Radbourn out of retirement for 1989, the season I'm currently on. I'll bet he could still pitch more innings than Strasburg.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #69
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

There was a fairly recent one who I think played for the Yankees and crashed into building. I can't think of the name though.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #70
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenames View Post
There was a fairly recent one who I think played for the Yankees and crashed into building. I can't think of the name though.
Corey Lidle.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote