Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 06-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #1
Aordolin
All Star Reserve

Help! Creating custom namesets

ok I am lost. I created a new nameset but it is not loading any of the new names I imported. The format seems to be the same as it was in the old file. I only changed the first names file for now but if i have the new file in the data/database folder it should load it automatically correct? or do I have to do something more. From reading some of the mosts in here it seems I dont have to. Help please!
Aordolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:43 PM   #2
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aordolin
ok I am lost. I created a new nameset but it is not loading any of the new names I imported. The format seems to be the same as it was in the old file. I only changed the first names file for now but if i have the new file in the data/database folder it should load it automatically correct? or do I have to do something more. From reading some of the mosts in here it seems I dont have to. Help please!

There are two nameset files, both in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\OOTP Baseball 2006\data\database

names.txt
first_names.txt

If all you did was change first_names, then that's all that was changed. I take it you did not want any last names changed?

Any changes made to either file take effect on the next universe you build.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #3
Aordolin
All Star Reserve

yes i just changed the first names at the moment. I guess it was because i had the program open when i changed the files. I was creating a new game but I hadnt selected start game yet so I thought it would build from there. Anyway thanks I tried it agian and it worked.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Beautful, next time it should be far easier.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:51 PM   #5
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo
Any changes made to either file take effect on the next universe you build.
.........or the next ammy draft that doesnt come from lahman.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:14 AM   #6
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol

Very interesting.

Last edited by Raidergoo; 06-07-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:54 AM   #7
battists
Hall Of Famer

No, it's not quite the same. The new name sets require a "name set ID" at the end of each row. I'll be posting more about this soon, I'm sorry for the delay.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #8
Aordolin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol
Ok I am a little confused here. So If I do make changes to my names file it will eventually kick in but after the next draft? I had the idea to toy with the percentages to get the right mix and to even alter it some over the years (some names become more or less popular as the demographics change). Would be nice if I could do this without haveing to recreate a new league. If that is the case does the same hold true for any mods made to the nations, cities files as well?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #9
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aordolin
Ok I am a little confused here. So If I do make changes to my names file it will eventually kick in but after the next draft? I had the idea to toy with the percentages to get the right mix and to even alter it some over the years (some names become more or less popular as the demographics change). Would be nice if I could do this without haveing to recreate a new league. If that is the case does the same hold true for any mods made to the nations, cities files as well?
Well, the names file won't retroactively change any players that have already been created, just like with the old OOTP. In other words, any players that are created AFTER you change the names files will use the new names. I think the one exception to this is a historical league, where you are bringing over the names from the historical database.

Does that make sense? I'll be posting a ton of information on names and nations tomorrow (June 7).

Thanks!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:22 PM   #10
Aordolin
All Star Reserve

ok thanks. I didnt expect the names already made to be changed but I noticed when I changed the names file and then created new players and coaches after the change they still used the old file. Then Raidergoo said i had to create a new universe for the changes to take effect. I did that and they did. I was confused about what the other poster said about the ammy draft, that it may update the file and have created players and coaches then use the updated file. Anyway I will wait for your post tomorrow and Ill ask you whatever it is I still dont get. Thanks for the response battists.

edit- i saw the other thread in this forum and that pretty much answered my question that the universe will only use the name file from creation like I was previously told. Hopefully that will be fixed!

Last edited by Aordolin; 06-06-2006 at 11:26 PM.